• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Maribor OMT ***

So is saying that we won't win at Eastlands, which is why I countered with what I said. I think Atletico Madrid are the strongest team in the competition, and then you've got the CL teams to come later. Our aim is to get top 4 this season, it's too hard to get win the Europa and get 4th. Our squad isn't strong enough IMO. When was the last time an English team won it btw?

sorry, i missed that ;)

we definitely are no way the favorites in any sense, i still want to see us give it our best shot though

But if we were in the CL right now, would you want us to throw it?

To win the FA Cup you need to get by Utd, City, Chelsea and Arsenal. All of those sides would be favs right now if you put them into the Europa, so why not try and win that? I'll be massively disappointed if we fail to qualify out of this group.

But if we were in the CL right now, would you want us to throw it?

To win the FA Cup you need to get by Utd, City, Chelsea and Arsenal. All of those sides would be favs right now if you put them into the Europa, so why not try and win that? I'll be massively disappointed if we fail to qualify out of this group.

I've already said I'd want us to have a go in the CL as the financial rewards are great.

There's far less games to win in order to win the FA cup. The way the Europa is set up, it puts teams at a disadvantage as you have to play Thursday-Sunday, therefore you're always playing catch up with the teams who play on Saturday.

I don't see it as a disadvantage, if anything it's an advantage as you know what the other teams have done, either way you should be looking at winning each game so I think it's a bit of a moot point.

I guess I'll be on my own wanting us to win then.

image1.png

Not sure of relevance, but why the hell not.

Im hoping we play nobody upfront then we can play AVB's preferred negative sit back approach to games for the whole 90 mins

Bring back the entertainers

Im hoping we play nobody upfront then we can play AVB's preferred negative sit back approach to games for the whole 90 mins

Bring back the entertainers

Dont give him any ideas Mark. I can see Ade having a slight injury by Thursday morning which clears up for Saturday. Can we not give one of these U21 lads a start, they seem to scoring goals for fun

Dont give him any ideas Mark. I can see Ade having a slight injury by Thursday morning which clears up for Saturday. Can we not give one of these U21 lads a start, they seem to scoring goals for fun

Ive had enough now, Im actually bored watching Spurs play these days, yesterday was ridiculous

Ive had enough now, Im actually bored watching Spurs play these days, yesterday was ridiculous

The guy next to us hit the tickle my balls with a feather after the first 20 mins he commented it was just like a last match of the season with nothing at stake.

Hopefully having 2 tough away games in the League coming up could work to our advantage, because I'd like to think these players know they cant coast through 90mins against the likes of City and Arsenal.

Got a bit of break ourselves until our next live game, I know a lot of us feel very deflated right now, but I'm hoping the break will do us good and we'll be 'chomping at the bit' come the weekend of the West Ham game

Think this is actually quite a big game for AVB. After the previous two away performances in the Europa league - a competition he seems to be taking seriously and the performance (and crowd reaction) against Wigan, he could do with a blinding performance on Thursday. Im not saying its a must win or anything but there are games in a mangers tenure which have a big impact.

I fear a less than great performance, irrespective of result, on Thursday and serious questions will be asked of AVB, assuming he picks a strong side.

Think this is actually quite a big game for AVB. After the previous two away performances in the Europa league - a competition he seems to be taking seriously and the performance (and crowd reaction) against Wigan, he could do with a blinding performance on Thursday. Im not saying its a must win or anything but there are games in a mangers tenure which have a big impact.

I fear a less than great performance, irrespective of result, on Thursday and serious questions will be asked of AVB, assuming he picks a strong side.

Im torn between playing a first team or changing a few around.

We have a massive game on sunday and the players are already looking weary. i would like to see a few changes and I would definitely play Ade with a view to playing on sunday with Defoe.

Either way I would say we need an early goal and a convincing win.

Im torn between playing a first team or changing a few around.

We have a massive game on sunday and the players are already looking weary. i would like to see a few changes and I would definitely play Ade with a view to playing on sunday with Defoe.

Either way I would say we need an early goal and a convincing win.

I dont think the players look tired, i think this is what we think we are watching but in my opinion the players are playing like machines and not playing on instinct, the exact opposite to Harry and its hard to watch. To me it looks awkward and uncomfortable and a struggle and makes the players 'look' tired.

I dont think the players look tired, i think this is what we think we are watching but in my opinion the players are playing like machines and not playing on instinct, the exact opposite to Harry and its hard to watch. To me it looks awkward and uncomfortable and a struggle and makes the players 'look' tired.

You could be right a bit regimental. Im a bit baffled - so many reasons and excuses haha.

I would still change the side a bit and see how that goes but keep a strong bench of course. I dont think we would beat them easily but we really should be beating them.

Thursday 8th November. Kick off 8.05pm.

Where?

WhiteHartLaneES_468x316.jpg

Between?

tottenham_main_1568160o.jpg

&
1.jpg

Score - 3-1 Spurs
Team Line up - dont know, dont care
Team formation - see above

Plus points - the 1882 movement will be there so at least it wont be quite so morgue-like as normal.
Dunno about the 1882 movement but the Malibu front line look like they are all having a movement.

We're currently one of the favs so yeah I think if we take it seriously then we have a good chance of winning it. I want Tottenham to win something, part of the reason that we've been so mentally weak over the years is that we're used to losing.
That is a great point. I think when you get in the habit of winning you err.. keep on winning.

I don't see it as a disadvantage, if anything it's an advantage as you know what the other teams have done, either way you should be looking at winning each game so I think it's a bit of a moot point.

I guess I'll be on my own wanting us to win then.

You're only at an advantage if the teams lose on Saturday, but the good teams win more than they lose. Hey, I'm all for winning this competition AND getting top 4, I just don't think it can be done with our squad.

Back