• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United OMT ***

Those 12 points have come in their last 4 games, so their form is pretty good.

I watched them against Norwich, they were awful. Their win was day light robbery. Seriously misfiring at the moment.

Good chance of getting a result.

I watched them against Norwich, they were awful. Their win was day light robbery. Seriously misfiring at the moment.

Good chance of getting a result.[/QUOTE]

You're forgetting one very vital piece of information.....

And today's referee is Mr Howard Webb

howardwebb1.jpg
2012_2_25_10_21.jpg
howard-webb-man-utd-2.jpg
_49574531_rooneypkg191010copy.png
image.axd
howebb.jpg
Howard-Webb-holds-back-Wi-001.jpg
howard-webb-manchester-united-celebration.jpg

FWIW, in corresponding fixtures this season ManU have picked up the same amount of points as us... surely destined to be a draw at OT then :-k
FixtureSpursMan_Utd
Relative Pts / Goal Diff(n/a)(= / +6 )
Stoke (h)3-0 3-2
West Brom (h)1-11-2
Southampton (a)3-2?-?
Liverpool (h)0-5?-?
Sunderland (a)2-12-1
Fulham (a)2-13-1
Man Utd (h)2-2n/a
Emirates Marketing Project (a)0-61-4
Saudi Sportswashing Machine (h)0-10-1
Everton (a)0-0?-?
Hull (h)1-0?-?
Villa (a)2-03-0
West Ham (h)0-33-1
Chelsea (h)1-10-0
Cardiff (a)1-02-2
Norwich (h)2-0?-?
ARSEnal (a)0-1?-?
Swansea (h)1-0?-?
Palace (a)1-0?-?

The Omt Gods seem fairly pleased with my offering's thus far..... I forsake my dignity to be a sacrificial little lamb in order for us to get points on the board.

Yep I hold my hands up pretty pis* poor this time round....I think 'tims teamtalk' will bow out after the NLD.....I will try and bow out in a blaze of glory and nonsenseical nonesense;)

thanks for the kind words..

Am enjoying these Nigeyman. Keep up the good work. Almost feel I am there myself :)

I think the fact that they only scraped the win vs Norwich means they will probably have a lot in the tank to roll over us, just like after their 5-0 win in Germany they had a bit of a bad run following that.

I'm expecting a loss to be honest, will be pleasantly surprised with a win.

I think the fact that they only scraped the win vs Norwich means they will probably have a lot in the tank to roll over us, just like after their 5-0 win in Germany they had a bit of a bad run following that.

I'm expecting a loss to be honest, will be pleasantly surprised with a win.

I'm expecting a loss too. We are away at the reigning PL champions. To expect back to back wins there is really too much to hope for. Would be nice though. Hope we give a good account of ourselves.

I'm more confident than most of you it seems. Ironic given I'm still not keen on Sherwood as our manager, but fancy him to turn them over at the Theatre of Silence :D

I just think our team matches up well against theirs. They bypass the midfield which is our strongest area so we should be able to take control of that part of the pitch. Evra is the absolute pits nowadays so I'd well fancy Azza to give him a torrid time should he start. If Rooney and/or van Persie are out then even better for us. We outplayed them at the Lane and I fancy us to do again Wednesday.

Man Utd 1-2 Tottenham

COYS

------------------------------LLoris--------------------------------

Walker--------------Dawson---------Chiriches-------------Rose

-------------------------------Capoue-----------------------------

-----------------------Paulinho------Dembele--------------------

---Lennon-----------------------------------------------Eriksen--

----------------------------Adebayor-----------------------------

Subs: Friedel, Naughton, Fryers , Holtby, Chadli, Lamela, Soldado

I've sort of changed my mind.

Lennon--------------Paulinho--------------Dembele-----------------Eriksen

--------------------------Lamela---------Adebayor--------------------------

That's what i want to see for this game. United have been suspect defensively and i feel Lamela partnering Ade would allow for some brilliant movement. He could drop deep if needs be, can move to the channels if needs be...i really think he could cause them a major headache.

MANU 2-1 TOTT

Can't see us winning two on the spin up there. No doubt, we're not incapable of getting a result, but the Webb factor will ensure the home win, I think.

Given the unconfirmed news of the extent of Paulinho's injury, I will go for the following:

Lloris

Walker Dawson Chirches Rose

Lennon Capoue Dembele Eriksen

Soldado Adeybayor

ah confidence is on the wain...even read somewhere that Rose is not going to make it but I hope thats not true. looks like no Paulinho.

Looks like Rooney & RVP will be involved...

so

Hugo

Walker Dawson Vlad Rose(hopefully)

Soldado Ade

is how I think we will line up....

of course the worry is rooney finding pockets of space in front of our back 4 and Welbeck at whl gave Dawson many problems.... I am thinking that Eriksen will have to do a lot of 'tucking in... which could leave Rose or whoever exposed against Valencia or Januzaj....

If we do start with Ade & Solly then they will need to work hard to act as a first line of defence and prevent United having to much time on the ball picking out Rooney.

oh hells bells we really could be back in business with a win here but I am struggling to see that happening at the moment.

Given the unconfirmed news of the extent of Paulinho's injury, I will go for the following:

Lloris

Walker Dawson Chirches Rose

Soldado Adeybayor

If Paulie is not fit, that would be my team too. I would get Capoue to man mark Rooney if he is playing and Ade to sit on Carrick. If we can cut off these two, we will largely nullify United. I think this would give us the best chance of getting something there.

If Paulie is not fit, that would be my team too. I would get Capoue to man mark Rooney if he is playing and Ade to sit on Carrick. If we can cut off these two, we will largely nullify United. I think this would give us the best chance of getting something there.

Like fatty Cazorla did to Capoue?... 8-[

I think those are the best tactics but not sure how well Capoue could mark Rooney. I think Rooney's movement makes his marking very difficult and would drag Capoue out of central midfield. I think Rooney needs to be defended against when he reaches key areas of the pitch, with him marked zonally as such, rather than being marked Man to Man. He would be marked by Capoue in those areas but would be allowed to roam around the rest of the pitch, in areas which would hurt us less.

We'll need a bit of luck. Despite Sherwood's surprise, Paulinho has been the one player to step up and try and make things happen all season. He is a player who can score from midfield and drive into a well organised but uninspiring united side.

We have plenty of other top players. But they need to step up, and take the game to united. No Bale or Vertonghen (both key to last years success), but Lennon and Ade need big games. They can lead the team in attack and inspire the newer players.

We'd take a draw. Would love a win. Which is possible. United are not a great team. They have got results recently by setting up a strong defensive foundation. But they are not as free-flowing in attack. IF we can score, then it will be a great game, and we have every chance of the win. But with the team personnel changable and undermined by injury, will we be able to unpick their defense, and defend ourselves? A point will be a decent result.

Back