• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United OMT ***

Re: Heroes!!!!

I wouldn't really call the players heroes after being the FOURTH team to beat Man Utd at Old Trafford this season. Last year was hero worthy. They were absolutely flying, probably top of the league, managed by the best manager of all time, we hadnt won their in 20 odd years. And we went and scored 3 goals and beat them in their own back yard.

Last season was obviously a better result based on history, the state of their side, etc.

This season might be a more relevant result for us, quite easy to have seen us drift off to mid table if we had lost that game.

I think it is perfectly fine to get a bit carried away after such a win. What is the point in being a fan if you can't properly enjoy those few great moments in amongst all the **** that brings you down? 'Heroes', 'legends', call them anything you like tonight, and then you can back to earth tomorrow morning.

I think it is perfectly fine to get a bit carried away after such a win. What is the point in being a fan if you can't properly enjoy those few great moments in amongst all the **** that brings you down? 'Heroes', 'legends', call them anything you like tonight, and then you can back to earth tomorrow morning.

=D>

Watching Moyes post match comments......

embarrasing!!!!!!!! what a tool...

sounds like he has lost the plot. blaming the ref for everything....

Adebayor was getting abused before his goal in the OMT. Amazing what a goal can do to peoples mind though. His touch was awful all game. Hope his injury isn't serious though. Lennon was outstanding, certainly very quiet after we went 2-0 up, but then again we didn't see too much of the ball when they scored. Chiriches was brilliant, absolutely rock solid.
If he plays that bad but scores a goal every game, I would take it no questions asked !

The United fans are pretty much saying we are an average side and they should not have lost and they have much more quality in their team. Take away Rooney and Van Persie and overall i think we have the better quality.

The United fans are pretty much saying we are an average side and they should not have lost and they have much more quality in their team. Take away Rooney and Van Persie and overall i think we have the better quality.

That same side walked the league last year. Until our players do something like that I'd tend to agree with them

I dont think Ade was all that to be honest. His touch wasnt there, actualy it was pretty bad and he rarely does win a header - which is ironic cos he scored from one.

Hope he is fit for the ****

That same side walked the league last year. Until our players do something like that I'd tend to agree with them

They done that through the quality and belief they had from the manager. It was always going to happen under Moyes and lets face it all their players are another year older.

We have yet to lose a game this year \o/

Joking apart, I think thats one of the best Christmas and New Year 4-fixture periods we have had. Okay we didnt get 4/4 but if you add in factors like the recent change of manager and current injuries, I think its been a great 11 days

I think Moyes went gung-ho way to early and that's why we got our second goal. Taking Carrick off unless he was injured was just stupid

Let's be honest though, United should've had two penalties in the second half, no doubt about it, and they created far more chances than us in this game. They were in many aspects of the game better than us, but that doesn't take away from the fact that we carried out our plan pretty well and got a fantastic result from it. The interviewer did everything he could to get an angry comment from Moyes as well, who clearly tried to avoid speaking of the penalties, so no need to criticize him, in my opinion. Clearly just annoyed that he didn't get the penalties he should have had.

Let's be honest though, United should've had two penalties in the second half, no doubt about it, and they created far more chances than us in this game. They were in many aspects of the game better than us, but that doesn't take away from the fact that we carried out our plan pretty well and got a fantastic result from it. The interviewer did everything he could to get an angry comment from Moyes as well, who clearly tried to avoid speaking of the penalties, so no need to criticize him, in my opinion. Clearly just annoyed that he didn't get the penalties he should have had.

Karma's a bitch. Can't really say they tested Lloris to much to be honest with you. Having lots of possession but no end product sounds abit familiar???

Point 1 - I can think of so many penalties and decisions going against us in the past that I dont even feel guilty if they should have had a penalty or two. Its not even touched the number of times this needs to be done before we are even.

Point 2 - How many clear cut chances did they have really? They had some good good positions and that is to be expected but they really didnt have too many chances. We had the Lennon chance early on and the Soldado opportunity. Lennon also had a fairly good chance in second half following his run.

They had much more possession and in our territory too but they didnt do too much with it. All huff and puff and not a lot of creativity.

Joking apart, I think thats one of the best Christmas and New Year 4-fixture periods we have had. Okay we didnt get 4/4 but if you add in factors like the recent change of manager and current injuries, I think its been a great 11 days

Hear, hear. Really cheered me up that is for sure. :)

Point 1 - I can think of so many penalties and decisions going against us in the past that I dont even feel guilty if they should have had a penalty or two. Its not even touched the number of times this needs to be done before we are even.

Point 2 - How many clear cut chances did they have really? They had some good good positions and that is to be expected but they really didnt have too many chances. We had the Lennon chance early on and the Soldado opportunity. Lennon also had a fairly good chance in second half following his run.

They had much more possession and in our territory too but they didnt do too much with it. All huff and puff and not a lot of creativity.

Sure thing, it's the nature of the game. Sometimes these decisions go for you, other times they go against you, but you can be certain that we would have complained as well, if we got those decisions against us. ;) I think they created quite a few clear cut chances in the second half. After getting their goal back, they tested Lloris on quite a few occasions, we headed the ball off the line a couple of times and Vidic had that header into extra time going over. It's not like they were out-chancing us big-time, but they had more chances than us overall, which as you say, were to be expected, really.

I'm not trying to take anything away from our performance, I thought we were outstanding, and I don't necessarily agree that United deserved to get something out of the match, but they did indeed have more chances than us and they should have had two penalties. :)

Rose seemed to think that he was a left winger, even when we needed to play out the last ten minutes. He was often caught in too forward a position, which on another day could have cost us. I think that when we are in a leading position, we need to keep the shape of the team solid, without runners moving out of position and just ensure that we will be a harder unit to break down.

Back