• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United OMT ***

Point 1 - I can think of so many penalties and decisions going against us in the past that I dont even feel guilty if they should have had a penalty or two. Its not even touched the number of times this needs to be done before we are even.

Point 2 - How many clear cut chances did they have really? They had some good good positions and that is to be expected but they really didnt have too many chances. We had the Lennon chance early on and the Soldado opportunity. Lennon also had a fairly good chance in second half following his run.

They had much more possession and in our territory too but they didnt do too much with it. All huff and puff and not a lot of creativity.

Completely agree. Thought on the whole we were good today and worthy of the win. Our chances were very good, they had a few half chances and a couple of penalty shouts. Liked Sherwood's comments as well, we didn't play amazing and could clearly play better, a lot of managers would just be happy with a win away to the champions, I like his arrogance / confidence.

Let's be honest though, United should've had two penalties in the second half, no doubt about it, and they created far more chances than us in this game. They were in many aspects of the game better than us, but that doesn't take away from the fact that we carried out our plan pretty well and got a fantastic result from it. The interviewer did everything he could to get an angry comment from Moyes as well, who clearly tried to avoid speaking of the penalties, so no need to criticize him, in my opinion. Clearly just annoyed that he didn't get the penalties he should have had.

Two pens?

The Lloris one, ok.

But the Welbeck one do you mean?? No way? He was never touched.

Re: Heroes!!!!

Adebayor was getting abused before his goal in the OMT. Amazing what a goal can do to peoples mind though. His touch was awful all game. Hope his injury isn't serious though. Lennon was outstanding, certainly very quiet after we went 2-0 up, but then again we didn't see too much of the ball when they scored. Chiriches was brilliant, absolutely rock solid.

Funny, I thought Ade was pdg on the ball today.

Edit - BTW I didn't listen to the tv commentary (usually utter b******s) or read the OMT so I speak what I saw.

Last edited:
Welbeck was NEVER a pen, he should have been booked, a clear dive, hopefully the FA have the balls to start looking at theseretrospectively because it makes the ref's job so much harder with players like Welbeck, Young, Suarez, Oscar, etc. trying to cheat. (Think Soldado's a bit cheeky on this front as well to be honest)

Not the best angle. I thought it looked a penalty from one of the other angles I saw, definite contact anyway, but it might well be that Welbeck did indeed look for it and tried to catch Chiri's foot, in which case he should've been booked.

They done that through the quality and belief they had from the manager. It was always going to happen under Moyes and lets face it all their players are another year older.

Well that and the 20 odd "Fergie" points they got from the refs last season.

Seeing it all from block 29.

Not the best angle. I thought it looked a penalty from one of the other angles I saw, definite contact anyway, but it might well be that Welbeck did indeed look for it and tried to catch Chiri's foot, in which case he should've been booked.

I think that is the best angle. Nothing is covered by bodies. You can see clearly that Vlad sticks out a foot and pulls it back in. Even if there was minimal contact ( which personally i dont think there was ) he then proceeds to lift his left leg and stick out his right to fall and try to win a penalty.

Im starting to really dislike Wellbeck. Him and his stupid haircut. He did the same at the Lane. He pushed it too wide of Lloris to get on the end of it so dragged his left leg to make contact with Lloris who was not even moving at this stage and then went down and got a penalty. What with him, young and Janjuez they have a team full of diving Twunts.

No "might well" at all IMO, it was one of the most blatant dives you'll ever see, there's contact because Wellbeck quite clearly kicks Vlad, not the other way round, Vlad doesn't move.

Just got back from the game, had VIP in the United end, really impressed with it, not sure i'd class Russell Beardsmore as a United legend but he did the table tours. The United fans weren't impressed with us, we celebrated like loons for both goals, had a few comments thrown our way, one lass saying she wouldn't stand in our way if we got set on and we should remember where we were....... got volleys of phlegm during the second goal as well ....nice folk.

Have to say thought other than the first 10-15 mins, thought we played really well, not sure what game some were watching but i thought Ade was quality and Harry Kane should be praised for the shift he put in, we'd have had no outlet without him and he ran his socks off and pressured their back four. Unfair that a few on here have deemed him not good enough, so many know it all's always quick to **** off the youngsters. Same with Sherwood, can't believe GB's still keeping up his vendetta..... are you Afan ....makes me wonder?????

Have to say the young United lad Janawa is going to be some player, couldn't believe how much space Rose gave him though, he seemed to be almost central at times.

Quality away support as always, sounded awesome from where we were sat by the halfway line.

Coys

Let's be honest though, United should've had two penalties in the second half, no doubt about it, and they created far more chances than us in this game. They were in many aspects of the game better than us, but that doesn't take away from the fact that we carried out our plan pretty well and got a fantastic result from it. The interviewer did everything he could to get an angry comment from Moyes as well, who clearly tried to avoid speaking of the penalties, so no need to criticize him, in my opinion. Clearly just annoyed that he didn't get the penalties he should have had.

I don't really get this at all. I don't know what penalties you mean and looking back on our performance without hoping we would hold on for dear life, I think we were the more impressive performers. They came at us strong in the first few minutes but other than that I didn't feel like we were severely threatened.

I think that is the best angle. Nothing is covered by bodies. You can see clearly that Vlad sticks out a foot and pulls it back in. Even if there was minimal contact ( which personally i dont think there was ) he then proceeds to lift his left leg and stick out his right to fall and try to win a penalty.

Im starting to really dislike Wellbeck. Him and his stupid haircut. He did the same at the Lane. He pushed it too wide of Lloris to get on the end of it so dragged his left leg to make contact with Lloris who was not even moving at this stage and then went down and got a penalty. What with him, young and Janjuez they have a team full of diving Twunts.

One of the replays showed definite contact, it also showed him planting his other foot and jumping of It. No pen i Mo.

Lots more Spurs players Tweeting about the great result, nice to have a positive vibe around the club again =D>

@andros_townsend: What a massive win that was!! And the youngsters @hkane28 and @nabilbentaleb42 coming on at the end as well!! Can't wait to get back fit!!

@GrahamRoberts4: Tim not gone on about injuries he has got on with it fantastic start to his start of management at spurs.

@Darren_Anderton: Great result...

@1MickyHazard: So pleased with result today, must give us belief that we can beat the big boys even on their ground, great great result COYS

@chriswaddle93: Well done today Tottenham #COYS

‏@kylewalker2: Fantastic to come away from Old Trafford with 3 points again. The lads dug deep today! #COYS

@Aaron7Lennon: Great way to start the new year!!! #Buzzing #COYS

@Howellsey: Great result! Most pleasing things were the togetherness, belief and the two youngsters coming on, doing well and experiencing it. #COYS

@nabilbentaleb42: Great win today ! We shaw massive character and desire for the all 95th min ⚽️ #COYS

@ChrisEriksen8: Welcome to 2014! #1-2 #mantot #goal #header #notveryoften http://instagram.com/p/ipKHSbEc0K/

@hkane28: What a win that was ! Lads dug deep and put a shift in ! Great performance and great result away from home ! Buzzing ! #haveit #coys

And not forgetting the Chief Rabbi who was following the Spurs today

@chiefrabbi: Delighted to be at Old Trafford to see Man U vs Spurs. Hopefully I can bring #THFC some mazel! #COYS pic.twitter.com/zVOLUCQUzN

Point 1 - I can think of so many penalties and decisions going against us in the past that I dont even feel guilty if they should have had a penalty or two. Its not even touched the number of times this needs to be done before we are even.

Point 2 - How many clear cut chances did they have really? They had some good good positions and that is to be expected but they really didnt have too many chances. We had the Lennon chance early on and the Soldado opportunity. Lennon also had a fairly good chance in second half following his run.

They had much more possession and in our territory too but they didnt do too much with it. All huff and puff and not a lot of creativity.

What about the smalling handball that went out for a corner when he had no one near him. Looked to me like he moved his hand to the ball to control it completely unnecessary and was stupid. If Webb had been goal side it would have been hard to argue against it IMO

One of the replays showed definite contact, it also showed him planting his other foot and jumping of It. No pen i Mo.

I don't even get this 'contact = pen' thing that seems to have developed among football discussion.

It's a contact sport. Contact does not = foul. Surely the only consideration that needs to be made is - does Chiriches foul the guy? Does his contact make Welbeck fall like he did? The answer is an undoubted no - it's no where near a pen.

Back