• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Vs MAN UNITED -OMT***

Explain what your issue is? What alternative options has Harry missed because VDV and Bale were known to be struggling with injuries? really not sure why so negative.
4-4-2, it wont work, modric on the left wont work. We needed that extra man in the midfield vs arsenal, and we'll definitely need one today

Luka on the left only works when we have someone else in the middle to pass, create and dictate tempo.
Back when the left side was Modric's position we had Huddlestone doing exactly that.
We weren't relying on 2 defensive midfielders in the middle.

aye, Hudd's been a big miss for us this year, i rate him.

true, but Luka on the left has worked well in the past. can't say whether it's the right move today though.

could be a 4-2-3-1, with Sandro and Jake holding, Ade left, Lennon right, Modric in the No. 10 behind Saha?

It's worked because we had a cm like Huddlestone who can pick a pass in the middle instead. Today we have Sandro and Livermore.

If i saw..

--------------------Friedel------------------------

------Dawson-----Kaboul------King------------

-Walker----------------------------------Ekotto/Rose-

----------------Livermore--Sandro-------------------

------------------------Modric-------------------------

-------------------Ade---------Saha------------------

I'd be a bit more confident. Whatever man COYS.

He's just setting the team up to sit deep concede possession and hit them on the break with lennon, ade and saha.
He's relying on our defence to soak up United pressure for 90 minutes, get a clean sheet and score one on the counter.

The same defence that conceded 5 goals in 50 minutes last week? :-"

No, I'm not willing to commit suicide just yet. Redknapp has made some strange tactical decisions in the past when its come to our games against Man utd and I suspect that this may be another one (when Modric played on the left previously, we had Huddles in the middle, not....Livermore) but there are still some very good players out there, AS will be loving the wonky and Man utd lost to a reserve Blackburn team at OT. Anything can happen.

But I'd be happy with a draw. ;)

Looking at the united line up, they're playing with 2 central midfielders that play very deep and can spread the ball around from those deep positions.
I can't see Livermore and Sandro stepping up the pitch to disrupt them effectively. When they both step up (one doing it won't be enough), they will leave a huge gap in front of our defence. We need either 3 in midfield or lots of help from the strikers to disturb scholes and carrick.

Id rather Modric left than Krancjar left.

Can people not see why he wants Livermore AND Sandro in the middle?

sandro and livermore dont influence the game enough so its gonna be painful watching them together. if modric and lennon are quiet then we will lose

The same defence that conceded 5 goals in 50 minutes last week? :-"

No, I'm not willing to commit suicide just yet. Redknapp has made some strange tactical decisions in the past when its come to our games against Man utd and I suspect that this may be another one (when Modric played on the left previously, we had Huddles in the middle, not....Livermore) but there are still some very good players out there, AS will be loving the wonky and Man utd lost to a reserve Blackburn team at OT. Anything can happen.

But I'd be happy with a draw. ;)

Exactly its fudging suicide.

We'd find it hard enough playing United 11 vs 11 let alone 10 vs 11 tbf.

Altough saying that i'd much rather have seen:

------------------Sandro-----------Livermore------------------

Lennon------------------Do Santos---------------------Modric--

with Dos Santos and Luka swapping over. That way we'd get to see Gio play in his 'natural' position and Luka in a more advanced left sidded attacking role where he'd have a bit more freedom to move about.

Id rather Modric left than Krancjar left.

Can people not see why he wants Livermore AND Sandro in the middle?

I think we can all see why he wants them in the centre. But at the same time, we're not Stoke. We want a player who can influence the play in cm too, a player who can keep play ticking over. One of those players is on the treatment table, the other is on the left of midfield. As I said, it might work but I personally think that we need a ballplayer in the centre. If Redknapp wants Livermore and Sandro, go for three in midfield then.

sandro and livermore dont influence the game enough so its gonna be painful watching them together. if modric and lennon are quiet then we will lose

And if Krancjar is quiet on the left, and Modric quiet in the middle, and Lennon quiet on the right, and Ade quiet up top...........

Back