• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur Vs Liverpool OMT ***

Mate,

At the risk of repetition, please see a reply I just gave to DH...it will at least give you my perspective on that second-half...in short, when you play the uptempo pressing game we did for the 3rd game in 7 days, you need a Modric (or Allen!!!!) to be able to hold the ball and settle things down/pass short and well...we also need players like Sig to show up.

Sig really shouldn't be anywhere near the pitch atm, even as a sub. Offering absolutely nothing.
I can see why Hoffenheim outed him.

I will say that for all the stick Dempsey gets, he is a presence who fights and works; we need Sig to show so much more if he's going to even be a good tactical sub...

I'm still in the hopeful camp with Siggy, but for games like today you can't come on floating around and half arsing challenges for the ball. Lennon was working twice as hard as him and he'd been on doing that for the whole game, like a rabid dog at times whereas Sig was just kind of milling around. Obviously he needs confidence in his ability but he also needs the attitude, Dempsey at least is trying fudging hard, some of it worked today and some of it didn't for him but he helped the team. If Sig had started I doubt we'd have won to be honest

Im not gonna blame AVB but something changes in tactics that makes the players panic. It starts with a simple change in the system i.e. sitting back then five mins intense pressure leads to 20 and then an hour. Its difficult for a team to go in and out of those phases I think.

I don't think it is the tactics that changes but the players mind set. You are right, there is panic when there shouldn't be. Guys hoofing the ball when his mate is unmarked right beside him. I can't understand that.

Right. I'm over that poor performance (for two thirds of the match). GET IN YOU BEAUTIES!! 3 points is all that matters .

Time for a cliché - were winning matches again and 5th while not playing all that well. Title push come January. Fact.

I think he's up for it, but I hope he's up TO it...just like Ibra was a good day at uni for Caulker, so will marking Berba...

I'd like the odds far more with Caulker than Gallas...

though Berba won't exactly be testing him for pace..

Berbatov will think its christmas when he plays against our defence and tacticts on sunday.

We can push right up against Berbatov though. He's not gonna out do anyone for pace. Completely different game.
We somehow got away without Suarez doing Gallas and Dawson for pace and scoring.

At the end of the day, performances don't win you games and get you fourth or higher, results do.

and us, Tottenham Hotspur, got a mighty fine result today at home to Liverpool who were on a very impressive unbeaten run. Fulham away next, which is always tough, and end up getting a point or even better a win but get outplayed, I don't mind, as long as we pick up those all important 3 points.

One win in nine games is brick.

I'm still in the hopeful camp with Siggy, but for games like today you can't come on floating around and half arsing challenges for the ball. Lennon was working twice as hard as him and he'd been on doing that for the whole game, like a rabid dog at times whereas Sig was just kind of milling around. Obviously he needs confidence in his ability but he also needs the attitude, Dempsey at least is trying fudging hard, some of it worked today and some of it didn't for him but he helped the team. If Sig had started I doubt we'd have won to be honest

Bang on. I want him to succeed, he's a Spurs player, but he looks like a rabbit in headlights. In fact, every time i watch him, I see a player who is actually playing like he's on a tactics board or is being controlled by a joystick and played to some uber-rigid plan whereby he cannot move more than 10-20 feet out of his 'zone'...Lennon was marvelous tonight, as much for the grit as the flair...

They are lacking a striker and maybe a class defender (Id argue that Reina's done too)...their system is spot-on. Allen drops in, picks up, feeds. In the first-half we pressed and pressed that 'out' and wouldn't allow them time, thus we got the ball and kept possession high up the pitch. It's hard to play like that for 90 minutes. With a Luka on the pitch you can afford to sit a little more in the second-half because you have someone who controls the ball and holds it, the problem we have right now is not having a player like that to allow us to slow the game down and take the sting out of without being battered. But with Dembele only just coming back from injury, with Gallas gritting out another 95 mins on hollow legs, and with the high-tempo first half we put in, after 3 games in 7 days, a second-half like that was sadly on the cards.

I will say that for all the stick Dempsey gets, he is a presence who fights and works; we need Sig to show so much more if he's going to even be a good tactical sub...

-----------------------------------Reina---------------------------------------

Johnson-------------Skrtel----------------Agger----------------------Enrique

----------------------------------Lucas-----------------------------------------

------------------------Allen----------_________-----------------------------

------Suarez--------------------------------------------------------Sterling---

-----------------------------------__________---------------------------------

They need a striker badly and then the next priority after that should be a CM to replace Gerrard. If they do that and get the right players they should be challenging for a top 4 spot.

1st half it was like watching a poor el classico game for me. Liverpool being a very poor Barcelona, keeping the ball but not really opening tus up, while we seem to very much in the Real Madrid mold, counter attacking and very direct in the final third, every time we had the ball in their half I thought we were going to score.

2nd half we fell to pieces, we couldn't get hold of the ball, when we did we played long balls and credit goes to Liverpool for making us do that.

As good as Gallas has been since he joined us I cant forgive him anymore, every time he plays he looks like costing us a goal, its sad because in his prime he was a hell of a player

Back