• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Liverpool OMT***

It can't be replayed, Spurs ain't refunding everyone who didn't actually get a game of PL football for their ticket money, and their transport, and the concessions.

Clubs would abuse the fudge out of it in future, would be chaos.

It was clearly human error, for some reason the VAR ref says to the pitch ref at the end of the decision, "off".

I don't understand the rush, every time the ball goes in the goal, have a 5 minute TV break and have a proper review, that's what they do in the NFL and it works a treat, its rare that a problematic touchdown stands.

Jones is a lucky boy, he's gone studs up a foot off the ground, appealed it, and not had his ban increased, he's lucky they didn't double it, and even luckier he didn't end a players career.

This is going to end in a replayed game isnt it? Bound to as its us that benefitted on this occasion

Nah, if they order this game to be replayed then every manager will be going through game footage looking for "clear and obvious errors" to get a game replayed when they don't win.

Nah, if they order this game to be replayed then every manager will be going through game footage looking for "clear and obvious errors" to get a game replayed when they don't win.

I want the arsenal game back for a start, by the current laws it wasn't a penalty.

Whining from the pool fans seems to be changing now to why can't the game get called back. ManU got a pen after the game finished... (They have to go back a few years..)

Difference is, the game didn't restart for the United pen and at the final whistle VAR can look back to the pen claim.

I don't believe there is any technical reason they couldn't call it back after realising the mistake.

Think they were just scared too.

interesting, feels like we've seen it called back after a restart loads of times

I would be interested if you (or anyone) can remember any.

Closest I can think of was the Chelsea game last year. VAR I think called for a red, ref gives a red then goes to the monitor and changes it to a yellow. But the game didn't restart

I would be interested if you (or anyone) can remember any.

Closest I can think of was the Chelsea game last year. VAR I think called for a red, ref gives a red then goes to the monitor and changes it to a yellow. But the game didn't restart

Feel like I’ve seen the whistle stop play and bring it back after a throw in.

Also, what was that game where a player was sent off to then retrieved from the changing room ten minutes later to have it downgraded to a yellow?

I’m sure you are right. It just doesn’t feel like it.

Feel like I’ve seen the whistle stop play and bring it back after a throw in.

Also, what was that game where a player was sent off to then retrieved from the changing room ten minutes later to have it downgraded to a yellow?

I’m sure you are right. It just doesn’t feel like it.

I have seen clips from other leagues in Europe where a player is sent off and they head down the tunnel. Then VAR have a look and often the ref then has a look and changes the red to yellow. But the game never restarted.

It can't be replayed, Spurs ain't refunding everyone who didn't actually get a game of PL football for their ticket money, and their transport, and the concessions.

Clubs would abuse the fudge out of it in future, would be chaos.

It was clearly human error, for some reason the VAR ref says to the pitch ref at the end of the decision, "off".

I don't understand the rush, every time the ball goes in the goal, have a 5 minute TV break and have a proper review, that's what they do in the NFL and it works a treat, its rare that a problematic touchdown stands.

Jones is a lucky boy, he's gone studs up a foot off the ground, appealed it, and not had his ban increased, he's lucky they didn't double it, and even luckier he didn't end a players career.
Don't the TD reviews go to the central review location where the top referees can look at it?

That’s the key. Reviewed and restarted. Seen loads where play gets pulled back but that’s for initial review. Not post review.
I think that's correct. It can go on quite a while before the ref calls a halt or the play goes dead.

Iirc Didn't it go on forever in the 1sr leg at home v City in the CL...when eventually they halted play and gave City a penalty that Hugo saved?

Back