• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Liverpool OMT***

FW764pYWAAET15R.jpg

Calm down

Actually think the first yellow for Jota was fair. Everyone says it was harsh but he knew exactly what he was doing running accross Udoggies trailing leg to intentionally bring him down - he stopped us breaking.

The offside goal that wasn’t is pretty bad. But like you say we had ample time and an extra man to make good. And there are all sorts of judgment errors made in close football games. Nothing new there.

I am actually most sympathetic to the first red. A yellow was probably correct. VAR was brought in to deal with big errors - clear and obvious mistakes. I don’t think a yellow was, although if Bissouma leg was injured you would say a red was fair. It was a ‘leg breaker’ type challenge.

Agree on the first card, Liverpool got a penalty at WHL when Lamela did the same thing to Countinho, which Milner then scored.

Hate Arsenal and Chelsea for obvious reasons but Liverpool aren't far behind that for me. They think the hate from opposition fans towards them stems from jealousy because of their success but I doubt this is true for many of us. United have easily been the most successful team in my lifetime sk far and I don't particularly mind their fans.

Mistakes were made but that happens every game, VAR either fails to look at something (White's handball before Romero's) or gives the wrong advice, you cannot ask for games to be replayed purely because of it.
if you go down that route you'll just end up with referees refusing to referee certaon team's games for fear of reprisals. If I were a ref now I certainly would refuse any Liverpool game.

Lots of salt on rawk about us celebrating a last minute winner.

Seem to have forgotten their antics after a 2-2 at west brom a couple of years ago.

They are really convinced there is a conspiracy against them. The mind boggles really - we know that some of the bigger clubs got decisions back in the day but to suggest that we won, or they lost more specifically, because of the intervention of the officials. No mention of Matip's shin!?

You'd think no other team have ever had a bad decision go against them, see terrible decisions every week. Granted this was fact rather than subjective but amazing how much hysteria there is in the media. Always the same for one of the so called big clubs.

Official pompous statement released by Liverpool about the matter.
They think they're so important that they are justified to cry more than others when something wrong happens to them.

"Liverpool Football Club acknowledges PGMOL’s admission of their failures last night. It is clear that the correct application of the laws of the game did not occur, resulting in sporting integrity being undermined.

We fully accept the pressures that match officials work under but these pressures are supposed to be alleviated, not exacerbated, by the existence and implementation of VAR.
It is therefore unsatisfactory that sufficient time was not afforded to allow the correct decision to be made and that there was no subsequent intervention.
That such failings have already been categorised as “significant human error” is also unacceptable. Any and all outcomes should be established only by the review and with full transparency.
This is vital for the reliability of future decision-making as it applies to all clubs with learnings being used to make improvements to processes in order to ensure this kind of situation cannot occur again.
In the meantime, we will explore the range of options available, given the clear need for escalation and resolution."

FA, PL, PGMOL & Tottenham...
partridge-i-dont-know.gif

As I remember it the rules changed on 1st of June, but as the cl had started it could not change rules mid tournament, so it should have been officiated under the old rules, but it wasn't.
Same with the ref warning lloris to stay on his line, that was wrong.
Yep
Weird right

They really need to rein this stuff in. Think about it...

Is the official going to deliberately make this decision knowing he'd be shown up within minutes on international TV, vilified in front of the country for at least a week and then stood down from a few games. Embarrassed in front of the country and every other country the PL is shown in. His whole family watching on as he becomes a punchbag for Liverpool FC fans. At least in the old days, bent refs could reasonably claim they hadn't seen something without the benefit of VAR.

It's nonsense. He made a stupid mistake. We've all done it. It doesn't excuse it and yes Liverpool were screwed because of it but, unfortunately, brick like this has happened in football and sport for as long as it's existed and will happen in the future. It's not fair but the only thing to do now is make sure this particular mistake can't happen again in the future, give the guy his punishment and move on.

There's a person at the end of this who must feel fudging horrendous this morning. Unfortunately for him, he made this mistake with the biggest bunch of victim-complex clams on the planet.
Oh I’ve had a few discussions on twitter about it
They genuinely believe these “theories”
They are a special breed
It’s probably why they congregate

Back