• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Liverpool OMT***

I know we are accustomed to being nervous as fans. But I was really disappointed with the atmosphere today. We could have carried the team when they were down to 10 men but the atmosphere just died. Yes there were pockets of singing all round the ground but for anything to take hold it has to come from the south stand.

Other than that - get in! I can’t take these last minute winners much more but how absolutely delicious does it feel to have done those lot at the death.

I was a bit disappointed with some around me. Some of them moaned non stop. Against Sheffield United, even at 0-1, I thought the support was outstanding and the atmosphere so much better than last year. Today was a step back in some respects.

First half people were moaning that “we were just knocking it around instead of getting it forward”. IMO, it was clearly a tactic to draw the press and play through it. It worked a couple of times too albeit it could have backfired once or twice too.

When they went to 9, the moaning was ridiculous. Yes, we were a bit ponderous and slow to move but the amount of moaning when our lads didn’t shoot was doing my head in. Thing was Liverpool, to their credit, did everything to restrict shots. There was simply no room or opportunity to do it because of how brilliantly they defended their box.

The people leaving early as well? fudge me. After what happened last time? In a massive game v Liverpool that’s finely poised? I know the train strike caused havoc but I can’t believe how many left early.

Of course, at full time, the place was rocking and the craic was brilliant around the bars in the ground. But, after Sheffield United, I was convinced Ange had turned the crowd. Today…I think he might still have work to do.

I was a bit disappointed with some around me. Some of them moaned non stop. Against Sheffield United, even at 0-1, I thought the support was outstanding and the atmosphere so much better than last year. Today was a step back in some respects.

First half people were moaning that “we were just knocking it around instead of getting it forward”. IMO, it was clearly a tactic to draw the press and play through it. It worked a couple of times too albeit it could have backfired once or twice too.

When they went to 9, the moaning was ridiculous. Yes, we were a bit ponderous and slow to move but the amount of moaning when our lads didn’t shoot was doing my head in. Thing was Liverpool, to their credit, did everything to restrict shots. There was simply no room or opportunity to do it because of how brilliantly they defended their box.

The people leaving early as well? fudge me. After what happened last time? In a massive game v Liverpool that’s finely poised? I know the train strike caused havoc but I can’t believe how many left early.

Of course, at full time, the place was rocking and the craic was brilliant around the bars in the ground. But, after Sheffield United, I was convinced Ange had turned the crowd. Today…I think he might still have work to do.

There will always be work to do. People are moany bastards.

Interesting few tweets about what might have happened with VAR and the offside.

In summary VAR ref thought a goal had been given so agreed there wasn’t an offside so said check complete. Then we took the free kick and nothing could be done.
I'd be happy to concede 2 points because of a wrong VAR decision against Liverpool, as long as we get 2 points back from the last wrong VAR decision against Arsenal. Now that it's suddenly important that VAR decisions are correct I mean.

It's a wonderful result and a deserved outcome. Fookinate Liverpool. Fookinate their arrogant, murdering, unpunished fans.

We were deftly playing the ball in, out, over and around their attempts to press. They were getting frustrated, which led to ever increasingly anxious challenges and, finally, Jones steaming in full-blooded on Bissouma and getting tossed. We switched off to let them equalize and regain momentum and spirit. Especially just before half time when they could properly re-organize.

To be fair, they re-organized well after the break. This is their third game being down to 10 men and have won the first two. And now, their first game down to nine. So glad we nicked a winner. It's a punishing victory. Gakpo looks like he's done himself some damage. Jones is gone for three games, Jota one. Other players looked absolutely stretched and knackered. So, that will, no doubt, leave lasting effects and hopefully hamper their ambitions in their next set of games.

We've come through a very testing stretch of the schedule and taken four points from Arsenal away and Liverpool at home. Just one point out of first and no reason to believe we can't continue to menace the top spot for many days to come. What a time to be a Spurs fan.

Or maybe them going to a low block meant Richie through the middle made more sense?

Son 100% had a knock. He was hobbling a little before the sub. Otherwise on your theory, Rich and Son could have just swapped - which was actually also my theory and what I suggested to my Son.

There will always be work to do. People are moany bastards.

That was going to be my response. I think people just need to get on with being the supporter they want to be. Yes, it went a little quiet for a period in the 2nd half - but I think that was nervousness/apprehension about actually getting the win we should do against 9 men.

And on leaving early - there are 60000 people there whose circumstances people do not know. Some may have places to get to in the evening, some may have youngsters with them and not want the large crowds at the final whistle, etc etc.

Few things that are irking me slightly after the game listening the phone ins etc.

Jota had a blatant yellow not given straight after coming on - think it was a pull back. So his first yellow wasn’t an isolated incident.

Jones red seems to be getting justified and talked down to a yellow by some because he rolled over the ball. Do people not realise how stupid that sounds? If you haven’t tackled properly and your studs have rolled over the ball and into a players shin half way up - clearly you are out of control and reckless. In fairness to Savage and Sutton on 606 they dismissed any Liverpool fans calling up saying it wasn’t a red.

If Diaz goal stood it would have been 0–1 with 10 men and an hour to go. Hardly a locked in 3 points away to a team averaging at least 2 goals a game. It’s likely cost them 1 point max imo.

Back