• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Liverpool OMT***

A lot of interesting match ups in this game.

Their attack is a worry and they have a lot of attacking quality in midfield. But it's not as solid as it was with Fabinho, Henderson Milner etc. Hoping that we'll see more joy in periods where they press is high than we did against Arsenal (particularly the opening 25ish minutes of the first half). If Maddison and Bissouma can get the upper hand in those situations they'll struggle to keep defending high and from the front.

They have one of the best attacking units in the world when they're on their game. I think they're better than Arsenal in that regard. Biggest test yet for our still young and "new" defensive setup. If we get on the back foot and their press succeeds at suffocating us we'll struggle more than against Arsenal.

Also a big test for Porro. He looks much better defensively now, but Diaz (I'm guessing) supported by Robertson and the midfield is far from easy.

Our left hand side will be so important though. Salah against Udogie in itself is a very interesting duel. Udogie is another who thrives on those tight areas that could break their lines. But if Johnson or Solomon could get the upper hand against whoever their right back will be I think that could be a big difference maker.

A lot of interesting match ups in this game.

Their attack is a worry and they have a lot of attacking quality in midfield. But it's not as solid as it was with Fabinho, Henderson Milner etc. Hoping that we'll see more joy in periods where they press is high than we did against Arsenal (particularly the opening 25ish minutes of the first half). If Maddison and Bissouma can get the upper hand in those situations they'll struggle to keep defending high and from the front.

They have one of the best attacking units in the world when they're on their game. I think they're better than Arsenal in that regard. Biggest test yet for our still young and "new" defensive setup. If we get on the back foot and their press succeeds at suffocating us we'll struggle more than against Arsenal.

Also a big test for Porro. He looks much better defensively now, but Diaz (I'm guessing) supported by Robertson and the midfield is far from easy.

Our left hand side will be so important though. Salah against Udogie in itself is a very interesting duel. Udogie is another who thrives on those tight areas that could break their lines. But if Johnson or Solomon could get the upper hand against whoever their right back will be I think that could be a big difference maker.

I especially think how we deal with Nunez will be crucial; Romero and Van Der Ven will have to be at the very top of their game. Diaz as you say also a big threat (or Jota if it is him who starts on their left).
It's a shame that it looks like Johnson might not be fully fit to start as i think his pace vs their right hand side would have maybe given us the upper hand.

Can you imagine if we actually win this one?

I especially think how we deal with Nunez will be crucial; Romero and Van Der Ven will have to be at the very top of their game. Diaz as you say also a big threat (or Jota if it is him who starts on their left).
It's a shame that it looks like Johnson might not be fully fit to start as i think his pace vs their right hand side would have maybe given us the upper hand.

Can you imagine if we actually win this one?

Romero and can der Ven will definitely be put to the test as well and will have to be close to their best, as they pretty much have been all season.

Yeah. I actually think Johnson would be a significant miss for this one. Though I think Solomon too can cause them real problems down that side.

I can imagine it. It's glorious.

When was the last time we beat them? IIRC it was at Wembley when we beat them 4-1? We always seem to gift them silly goals as well. And they rarely have an off day against us. Surely we’re overdue a result against. I’ll go 2-1 with Son and Kulu with the goals.

It’s a cult now
Their success is what it is
But their fan base and the club… “this means more”…
If we, as a fan base were as united as their we would do better imo

I think this is an interesting point, maybe it's a defensive angle but it appears to suggest that we fans are partly responsible for the lack of success which I refute pretty strongly. The fanbase being happier / united makes things easier to deal with vibewise and obviously less toxic in terms of atmosphere but it's not a chicken and egg paradox - If you win stuff your fans will regale, if not the fans will naturally want the club to win stuff. I'm wary about restarting the tired old debate because what's important to each fan of any club is different, but the whole notion that wanting your club to be better is somehow a bad thing is beyond me.

On the team news makes sense to be cautious with Johnson, even if he didn't pull it risking him seems a bit nuts but obviously I don't have the medical data, just the anxiety of him starting and properly twanging it.

As a result of a dogbrick season and a dogbrick performance against Fulham in the cup we're "lucky" enough to have had a full week between both games against top opposition that have played midweek, even so, a win here and a point against L'arse would be a huge boost so hopefully we can keep up the momentum.

Team news | Ange's update on Maddison, Johnson and Sonny | Spurs vs Liverpool

There was both positive and negative news on the injury front from Ange Postecoglou as he updated us on the latest team news ahead of Saturday's visit of Liverpool.

Speaking to us exclusively on our new pre-match show Inside Spurs, Ange told us that both James Maddison and Heung-Min Son have trained this week after the pair were withdrawn from the action early in our 2-2 draw with Arsenal at the Emirates on Sunday as a pre-caution. Although, our Head Coach stressed that they will be assessed once again ahead of the 5.30pm kick-off with the Reds at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

There was disappointing news for Brennan Johnson though as Ange confirmed the forward will not be available this weekend. Our summer signing from Nottingham Forest was also brought off prematurely in the north London derby as he pulled up with a muscular issue. However, Ange has said the issue is not too serious.

I just hope Ange is indulging in a bit of mind-games, creating a bit of doubt, and that he already knows Son and Maddison will be good to play.

Not having Johnson is a big miss imo....oh well, I guess we must hope Solomon can step up and cause Trent (or whomever is on their right FB side) some real problems.

Would it be fair to say that compared to Arsenal, Liverpool have a much more potent attack but nowhere near as good a defence?

This was one of those fixtures where I figured we could get smashed up as we felt our way forward.

Doesn’t feel like that is so likely now but we are still very much in the discovery phase of what and where we are.

COYS.

Udogie is up against it again, hopefully he gets abit more cover this time.

I think we had it worked out for the 2nd half.

So we can either start off how we want to play and see how he copes, or make the same changes and give him a bit more protection from the start

There's a fair amount of Liverpool are in form, unbeaten stuff going around, they've had a pretty easy start to the season and thier trickier fixtures have been at home.
Still don't think they are there yet.

There's a fair amount of Liverpool are in form, unbeaten stuff going around, they've had a pretty easy start to the season and thier trickier fixtures have been at home.
Winning away at StJames Park with 10 men was impressive to be fair, even though it was smash and grab.

Son is uncertain according to FPL - 75% chance he starts, apparently has a knock. Anyone know anything about this?

They've only lost 1 game in 6 months I heard, and that was a 4-3 to Bayern in a friendly. They are also scoring goals for fun this season, 3 in each of their last 5 games. I'm not expecting anything but I hope we give them a tougher game than they have faced in a while!

Back