• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur VS Liverpool - Official OMT***

Perhaps you should watch it again, because that certainly isnt the game I saw.

They huffed and puffed and did fudge all.

We defended like trojans, and couldnt break them down either - but still enjoyed plenty of the ball and passed it brilliantly under pressure to retain possession at times.

Yes it was more they attack/we defend over all but we matched everything they had - and ultimately should/could have won it near the end.

I suspect the late rear guard action as affected your perception of the entire game.

We werent great, but we werent lucky to get away with a point either

Unbelievable

Enjoyed plenty of the ball? Defended is ALL we did ALL game because we didn't HAVE the ball. We fought for a point. They couldn't win the game. That is the difference for me

We DIDN'T match them in midfield. Not for longer than 10 odd minutes in total. We had 1 clear goal scoring opporunity all game. They had at least 10 shots towards our goal.

It only 'worked' if you wanted to play for a draw

No i'm sorry but it appears you're wrong again.

Us being defensive yesterday says nothing about the formation and everything about our injury list. If we had Lennon i'd be confident we would have picked them off on the counter playing that EXACT formation. For all their 'domination' we created the best chance of the game and could have easily walked away with a smash and grab 0-1 win.

That defensive midfielder we played (who btw was motm) allowed us to literally stop them creating any chances of note the whole game and as i said, we had the only 1 on 1 clear chance.

To sum it all up....4-3-3 (especially with that injury list) = Thank GHod we have a smart manager like Arry.

Have to say, as usual I thouight Bellamy was excellent. What a player he could have been in this team

Ah ok you're right here. We should have signed him when he was at Blackburn, at West Ham and we should have gone for him when he was at City. Such a shame we failed to get him on the 2 occasions we really did go for him.

Nayim, not sure if you wathced the game but we most certainly didn't match them. Not for 80% of the timeat least and were pinned back continously defending for our lives under pressure

How can you possibly suggest it was an even game is beyond me. Our midfield was non-existent, ffs. They controlled the tempo and rhythm, we resorted to hoofing at the back and occasional push and run by Bale. Yes, we fought hard to that point but were second best on the night in most departments.

If our midfield was non existant, how exactly did Niko, Livermore and Parker have good games (and the other 2 pretty decent games tbf)?

If our midfield was non existant, how exactly did Niko, Livermore and Parker have good games (and the other 2 pretty decent games tbf)?

Parker did what he does best - defended well. That is all we had to do so he thrived.

Krunchie tired in the second half - one good ball to Bale, that's it for 45 mins

Livermore is another defensive player who did ok in a defensive game but nothing more

Are you suggesting we were in charge of the midfield?

Indeed, they played very well together and defensively were like a brick wall.

I also lost count of thed number of times they one-touched between themselves to leave Liverpool chasing shadows.

Our issue last night was soley creating chances.

Also big shout to Livermore who I thought was outstanding, that lad is rapidly changing my opinion of him

What we lacked last night was a direct replacement for Lennon meaning that we had to change or way of playing for two reasons (i) we didnt have another match-fit CF to partner Adebayor and (ii) we didnt have a second winger which, considering we attack a lot down the flanks and with pace, was a problem. Whilst I really like Krancjar, I cant help but feel that he's at teh wrong club given that he's not a first choice player and, as a back-up, he's not a like for like replacement for a first choice when they're injured.

Liverpoo last night looked like a team who could play for days and not score. They were solid but lacked any cutting edge, any creativity and lack a goalscorer. Really dont think they'll be back in the top 4 for a while without some major additions

Parker did what he does best - defended well. That is all we had to do.

Krunchie tired in the second half - one good ball to Bale, that's it for 45 mins

Livermore is another defensive player who did ok in a defensive game but nothing more

Are you suggesting we were in charge of the midfield?

but who played well in midfield for them if they controlled the game like you say? i mean Gerrard was decent but Adam and Spearing were non existant. Our midfielders played better than their lot so i don't see where you're coming from tbh.

I have lots of answers, you just wont ever be able to see how wrong you are so its pointless puursuing it. You are a lost cause.

I leave you to your ignorance, I hear its bliss.

My time is better spent elsewhere

Saying they were good defensively and suggesting we matched them in midfield are two completely different aspects

If we had control of the game they didn't have to be good defensively at all

Our midfielders played better than their lot so i don't see where you're coming from tbh.

Our midfield was better? That's crazy

Spearing was good in the first half. Gerrard ran well and his passing was above average.

Above all - they pressed us very, very well. We didn't do ANY pressing in the middle - simply sat back and absorbed. For fcuks sake - we couldn't get out of our own half for more than 10 minutes at a time, how could we have possibly been better in midfield?

I have lots of answers, you just wont ever be able to see how wrong you are so its pointless puursuing it. You are a lost cause.

I leave you to your ignorance, I hear its bliss.

My time is better spent elsewhere

so why start it off then if "your time is better spent elsewhere" you egomaniac . You make me laugh man.

Usually people who's time is "better spent elsewhere" don't bait the posters that they are trying to not interact with. I know your Saudi Sportswashing Machine prediction is still hurting you but please don't take it out on me 'princess'.

Our midfield was better? That's crazy

Spearing was good in the first half. Gerrard ran well and his passing was above average.

Above all - they pressed us very, very well. We didn't do ANY pressing in the middle - simply sat back and absorbed. For fcuks sake - we couldn't get out of our own half for more than 10 minutes at a time, how could we have possibly been better in midfield?

Better individually i'd say.

They created nothing aprt from a suarez header near the end from a bloody set piece. They didn't even have that much more possesion than us, they didn't do anything of note. A draw is a fair result.

You, like your friend must have watched a different game then

Chelsea (h) was a fair draw

This was defending for a point while pinned back and without any ideas going forward

You, like your friend must have watched a different game then

Chelsea (h) was a fair draw

This was defending for a point while pinned back and without any ideas going forward

but the opposition created jack brick. Chelsea deserved the 3 points wayyyyyy more than Liverpool did because they created clear cut chances and had lots of possesion. Liverpool did neither.

Indeed, they played very well together and defensively were like a brick wall.

I also lost count of thed number of times they one-touched between themselves to leave Liverpool chasing shadows.

Our issue last night was soley creating chances.

Also big shout to Livermore who I thought was outstanding, that lad is rapidly changing my opinion of him

this. and everything else you've said. was just 2% in favour to liverpool and we showed them better passing possesion game.

modric , parker, livermore and niko all played well IMO.

genuine question, how is it that niko hasnt been playing more often?

Back