• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur VS Liverpool - Official OMT***

Liverpool had more chances than us, as I mentioned - always helps to watch the game again with a clear mind

When you see us hoofing at the back, not being able to put a single forward pass for minutes then you'd see what I mean. Not once did Liverpool did that all game or we had them under pressure at the back apart from Bale's 1v1

Last edited:
I only feared a goal once; Carroll's volley from 8 yards or so. They may have had a fair bit of possession in our half, but they did sweet F/A with it.

Liverpool had more chances than us, as I mentioned - always helps to watch the game again with a clear mind

When you see us hoofing at the back, not being able to put a single forward pass for minutes then you'd see what I mean. Not once did Liverpool did that all game or we had them under pressure at the back apart from Bale's 1v1

What chances did Liverpool have btw?

What chances did Liverpool have btw?

Off the top of my head

Two free-kicks on the edge of the box - you get those from being near our box

Carroll's volley just over

Suarez free header in the six yard box

Close header from a corner (Carroll?)

Spearing shot missing close in the first half

Kelly's long shot from distance

Suarez's shot blocked twice where he was called for handball

Gerrard free kick from the side where luckily Brad came out and was actuall fouled

Off the top of my head

Two free-kicks on the edge of the box - you get those from being near our box

Carroll's volley just over

Suarez free header in the six yard box

Close header from a corner (Carroll?)

Spearing shot missing close in the first half

Kelly's long shot from distance

Suarez's shot blocked twice where he was called for handball

Gerrard free kick from the side where luckily Brad came out and was actuall fouled

So to sum that all up:

* 3 free kicks
* 2 headers from corners
* 2 long rangers
* and a blocked shot that the gk didn't even need to save

to break it down more
5 half chances from set pieces (did the GK have to save any?) and 2 long rangers.

Saurez' header and Carroll voley were sitters, not half chances

Irrelevant whether they converted or not - point is they created more than us overall. How can you even argue that?

Could have been more - can recap later when I'm home

Last edited:
we played poorly, would have been nice to play Saha and Ade up top from the start. we were too defensive and uncreative

brick game anyway, poor advert for the Premier League

Saurez' header and Carroll voley were sitters, not half chances

Irrelevant whether they converted or not - point is they created more than us overall. How can you even argue that?

Could have been more - can recap later when I'm home

I think there's no doubt that Liverpool edged it, can't see how anyone can deny that. But I would hardly say that they dominated us. Both teams had two good chances (Carroll slice and Suarez header, and Bale 1-on-1 and Walker's first-half scuffed left-footer), whilst Liverpool had more half-chances. But you'd expect that, given that they were the home team and that we had seven first team players missing.

Also you say stats mean nothing in response to the fact that possession was almost identical, but then start spouting spats that support your own argument! Having watched the game and looked at various stats (from Guardian chalkboards etc) I think it's clear that possession was pretty equal, but we played much deeper and so they had the ball more in our half / third. I think that was the right tactic to employ; unfortunately we weren't very effective on the break, I guess due to Ade not holding the ball up that well, Bale not playing great, and Lennon being missing. Then again, if Bale had scored his one-on-one everyone would probably be saying that it was a perfect example of how to win away from home against a top team!

Perhaps you should watch it again, because that certainly isnt the game I saw.

They huffed and puffed and did fudge all.

We defended like trojans, and couldnt break them down either - but still enjoyed plenty of the ball and passed it brilliantly under pressure to retain possession at times.

Yes it was more they attack/we defend over all but we matched everything they had - and ultimately should/could have won it near the end.

I suspect the late rear guard action as affected your perception of the entire game.

We werent great, but we werent lucky to get away with a point either

Totally agree. They were at home, and they turned up the heat. But we played it out from the back calmy and skillfully, and Brad only made one real life saving save......the same amount as Reina.

So to sum that all up:

* 3 free kicks
* 2 headers from corners
* 2 long rangers
* and a blocked shot that the gk didn't even need to save

to break it down more
5 half chances from set pieces (did the GK have to save any?) and 2 long rangers.

Funny how Parkers rather silly challenges on the edge of the box go down as Liverpool creating chances isnt it. And then, the resulting free kicks which were blasted into the wall are counted as near misses.

Having just got back from the game, it looked as though we were set up to nullify their midfield threat and their attacking full backs, which we did admirably. I agree that we showed little ambition to win the game, but at this stage of the season, given the absentees, it was a good result.

At the end of the season, it is all going to come down to points ground out away from home that will keep us ahead of the chasing pack. If we can maintain 3rd spot by our own efforts, who knows what might happen around us?

I agree with you that we certainly weren't. We really missed VDV IMO.

We missed VdV and Lennon imv - Walker was essentially our only width with Bale roaming around like a dog looking for a burried bone. Also looked as if him and Ade were really tired/exhausted - games have piled up, mind you plus it's a long trip up there.

Thank you KD, a perfect example.

Is my Saudi Sportswashing Machine prediction hurting? No, not at all.

I predicted many months ago they would not be anywhere near the top 4 come the end of the season. That may well ring true, but regardless I made a point of saying the other day that they had exceeded expectation. Or in other words, that my prediction was indeed wrong. Im comfortable admitting that, and I wish them well. Its what grown ups do.

What grown ups generally do not do is try and drag up predictions made many months ago to try and score points off of a poster who has just said they had it wrong.

Hence my little snipe this morning, I sank to your level for a spot of fun.

Im now quite convinced you are on a bit of a wind up here, having some fun

Liverpool didnt hoof it? Are you sure?
Liverpool didnt go through phases of not being able to make a forward pass, are you sure?
We didnt have them under pressure at the back? Really?

We couldnt convert pressure into chances in the box, thats not to say we didnt build attacks.

You said you still have the game, I suggest you take your own advice on board and watch again with a clear mind

Im now quite convinced you are on a bit of a wind up here, having some fun

Liverpool didnt hoof it? Are you sure?
Liverpool didnt go through phases of not being able to make a forward pass, are you sure?
We didnt have them under pressure at the back? Really?

We couldnt convert pressure into chances in the box, thats not to say we didnt build attacks.

You said you still have the game, I suggest you take your own advice on board and watch again with a clear mind

We did hoof it a little, but that was partly our own fault. I can recall a couple of times where i saw parker/livermore with the ball going sideways across the pitch and i was shouting at the tv 'Don't pass to the full back!', yet they pretty much always did and the pressing from liverpool forced walker/bae to get rid of the ball rather then risk losing it in an awkward area.

Our choice of passing at times could have been better, we put ourselves under pressure due to the choices we made.

Whereas Liverpool were just hoofing it at the box from 40 yards, when you compare that to the recent United- Chelsea game where United were chasing a late goal, passing it around, not losing the ball and just looking for that opportunity, you start to realise how far liverpool are behind at the moment.

False again young 'princess' padawan.
First of all you stated they wouldn't be anywhere near the "top 6" after their fixtures. Your original statement was top 4 but then it was "top 6 after the fixtures".
Also you didn't simply make a point to say you were wrong. That's what normal decent people do. What you did is state that not many would have thought they would do well. That;s not you saying you're wrong, that's you trying to group people together as if it was some sort of justification as to why you had got it wrong (because most get it wrong so it's ok). If you would have said "yep got it wrong" i wouldn't have said anything but nah you said "most wouldn't have predicted it" so please stop twisting it as if it was your way of saying you were wrong.

As for your "grown ups don't drag up predictions" crap...what utter steaming gonad*s. We're all on a football forum where we discuss things and lots of posters get pulled up for a wrong prediction (especially when they're so so confident and even make a point to state something in their favour everytime or everyweek where it looks like they're prediction is coming off) you made a point to state how brick they play after most bad performances so naturally i'll pull you up on your false prediction when it looks like you're wrong. That's a natural thing that's been done to many posters so stop crying about it, dry your eyes, take a deep breath, man up, and quit with the baiting if you're above that level.

Last edited:
I genuinenly thought you had a much better understanding of football in general

Not a single neutral fan out there would agree we matched them in midfield, possession, blow by blow, and had them pressed, etc. It was cringeworthy to watch us pinned at times for 10 minutes absorning cross after cross and looking like we couldn't buy a goal. If that is your idea of matching them, I'd rather not discuss any further.

The fact at least 15-20 odd users amogst other threads have shared similar concerns over our performance tells me you either didn't watcht the game thoroughly or simply have a very different understand of the game overall

Don't engage me on this again, please.

Back