• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur VS Liverpool - Official OMT***

unfair to pin all on ade - bale having departed his LM post should have found ways to exploit his freedom closer to and playing of ade. as it is we had two attacking players who were isolated as bale was everywhere but nowhere.

sure bale is still learning his trade, but its not paying off too well at the moment, and i'd like to see bale's freedom reigned in a little bit so that there is some discipline in attack at times.

i can see why harry keeps on playing bale up front. if we get this right, our goals will start flowing again.

Really disappointed. A draw at Liverpool should be a good result any other time. But since we are in the title race and have to close the gap on ManCity, this was surely 2 points lost. The fact we had the best chance of the match but Bale failed to score makes it harder to accept.

We were never really in the match and had to withstand pressure from Liverpool. But we created the best chance of the match and should have scored. Bale had all the time in the world to beat the goalie but he took it too soon and his shot was too weak. With the form he was in recently, Bale should have scored that. It is always annoying to see us wasting those one-on-one chances. We have simply wasted too many of those this season.

Happy with our defending apart from a few lack of concentration. Liverpool's attack were toothless but our defence still made many crucial blocks. Surprised to see Dawson coming in for Kaboul. Is Kaboul injured now ? Thought Kabouls is our first choice considering he did well in Dawson's absence. It is always nice to get a clean sheet at a team like Liverpool. If only we had scored !

Looking at our bench, it was worrying to see we had no experienced players there except for 34 year old Saha who was making his debut. Whatever happened to our strength in depth ? Find it hard to believe we only have 11 established players now. There was no one we could have called upon to win the game for us. And it was strange to see us replace Adebayor with Saha when we were camping in our half for most of the 2nd half. It was a pointless substitution.

If only Bale had scored, we would be in a better position in the title race. But with us failing to win, it is getting increasing harder to close the gap on ManCity. We could only hope for both ManCity and ManU drop unexpected points in the coming games.

Last edited:
Really disappointed. A draw at Liverpool should be a good result any other time. But since we are in the title race and have to close the gap on ManCity, this was surely 2 points lost. The fact we had the best chance of the match but Bale failed to score makes it harder to accept.

We were never really in the match and had to withstand pressure from Liverpool. But we created the best chance of the match and should have scored. Bale had all the time in the world to beat the goalie but he took it too soon and his shot was too weak. With the form he was in recently, Bale should have scored that. It is always annoying to see us wasting those one-on-one chances. We have simply wasted too many of those this season.

Happy with our defending apart from a few lack of concentration. Liverpool's attack were toothless but our defence still made many crucial blocks. Surprised to see Dawson coming in for Kaboul. Is Kaboul injured now ? Thought Kabouls is our first choice considering he did well in Dawson's absence. It is always nice to get a clean sheet at a team like Liverpool. If only we had scored !

Looking at our bench, it was worrying to see we had no experienced players there except for 34 year old Saha who was making his debut. Whatever happened to our strength in depth ? Find it hard to believe we only have 11 established players now. There was no one we could have called upon to win the game for us. And it was strange to see us replace Adebayor with Saha when we were camping in our half for most of the 2nd half. It was a pointless substitution.

If only Bale had scored, we would be in a better position in the title race. But with us failing to win, it is getting increasing harder to close the gap on ManCity. We could only hope for both ManCity and ManU drop unexpected points in the coming games.

Sorry if I'm repeating anything since I haven't followed the thread after the game, but liverpool missed a bunch of chances as well so it could have easily gone the either way. It was a frustrating game, but for both sets of fans. It's just that we know we have to work for it instead of being handed everything.

If we run into them in the FA cup, I do hope Sandro is able to start.

In order to pull out some positives from today's game, here's Papa Friedel with some pussy
[video=youtube;eDYhDDq3uN0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDYhDDq3uN0[/video]

As announced, I'm happy with a point from that game. We had no attacking outlet, passed the ball around in midfield with no attacking movement, and did not run at them. Which was pretty smart, as they matched us for pace at the flanks. Walker chose his runs poorly, but was absolutely immense tracking back. Dawson was solid at the back as expected, when alongside King. I only wish he'd learn how to calm down, not everything has to be a 50-yard panic hoof. But he battled hard today.

BAE sloppy again, he expects everybody to fall for the Cruyff feint, which they do not anymore. But he was dragged out of position so many times due to lack of support from whoever was playing left wing. Livermore played well, albeit very cautious and Jenas-like. Did his fair share defensively. Modric from average to the sublime. Parker is a warrior, unlike Carroll he can take it as well as dish it out.

Bale hot-headed as usual of late, while I love when he only has eyes for goal, he is seriously hampered by the lack of a Lennon to relieve pressure. He is targeted by all teams, and rightly so, but not every touch has to be a run for goal. A little more cleverness in possession, and he would be as good as they come, even by world standards.

I see Ade getting a little bit of flak, but today I think he played quite well. Better in his decision making, and found teammates more than usual. But why on earth do we have to play so narrow and onto players tightly marked by two or three players?

The rest did ok, but particulary Kranky impressed me today. Sure he is slow as tar, but noone can question his effort today. He played like his contract was on the line, until he predictably ran out of steam. Comfortable on the ball, and distributed it well. But a winger he is not in any shape or fragrance.

And finally Friedel. I have to laugh when so called tough guys with tattoos all over their bodies roll around like little girls for the slightest of touches, while this gentleman only laughs and shrughs off being kicked all over. Such a character is extremely valuable to have around, and embodies the ethos at a proper club like Spurs. His experience and calmness also more than balances out the acrobatics but rashness of Gomes (who I still like).

But at the end of the day, we did not dominate this game in any way, so I'll say it was a point won for both us and the dirty cheating scum from Liverpool. We did not have the stupid oaf Carragher to help us out either. The only players to come out with any dignity was the little goblin I've forgotten the name of, and Reina. Suarez, Skrtel and Carroll should be taken out the back and put down like the rabid dogs they are.

well - I've seen some mindless and woefully inaccurate analysis on this board before, but this bilge takes some beating. Its so wrong I can't be arsed to bother with it. 1/10 - the Friedel comment saved you getting nothing.

In answer to this first point...

there was no Lennon, Van Der Vaart, Defoe, Kaboul, Gallas or Sandro. I haven't even bothered to mention Huddlestone or Nelsen. That's eight experienced, top level pros, 4 or 5 of whom are walk-ins and top top drawer. Tonight was a game where the squad really had to come to the fore.

In answer to your second, Adebayor was doubtful u til kick-off. Ever thought he might've been giving us 60-70 mins at not 100%?

My problem is not that we got a point but rather that we played for a point. If we went for a win but only got a point I would had no problem at all.

We defended like Spartans, every man, I have never seen Crunchie for instance defend so well, he really helped Walker out and Parker was a beast while Liver more I thought had his best game for Spurs

Unfortunately playing Ade upfront on his own in this form gives us nothing.

The good thing about yesterday's performance is that I am really confident now that we will hold on to 3rd

what a miserable wretched bunch of supporters some of you are

we just got a point at Anfield, with a gutsy committed performance, missing VDV, Defoe, Lennon, Sandro, Kaboul, Gallas and Huddlestone. Chuck a keeper and couple of full backs in there and you have a top six football team

the complete brickheadedness of some of you is nauseating

Well played Spurs

=D>
This.

Sorry if I'm repeating anything since I haven't followed the thread after the game, but liverpool missed a bunch of chances as well so it could have easily gone the either way. It was a frustrating game, but for both sets of fans. It's just that we know we have to work for it instead of being handed everything.

In order to pull out some positives from today's game, here's Papa Friedel with some pussy

What was it being sung after the cat was removed from the pitch?

"We are all witnesses, we don't need a cat" :-k

After the game they showed an interview with Dawson and Parker. While the former spoke with a silk southern voice, I couldn't understand a word Dawson said - what accent is that? :D

[video=youtube;eDYhDDq3uN0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDYhDDq3uN0[/video]

The game was so shyte that even the cat was bored and decided to entertain itself by running onto the field ! But it was funny Friedel was too scared to go near it.:D

I think I kinda get how Naija feels. Liverpool are such a horrible team of midtable cloggers that I feel upset we didn't knock the stuffing out of the clams, but I suppose a draw is a good result in the circumstances.

Considering they outplayed us for 75% of the game - not bad to leave with a point

On paper however, I agree - we should be smashing them. Talentless cloggers with a monunental unsubstantiated self esteem built on past glory

Last edited:
Who would have thought playing one less attacking player in favour of a 'solid' midfielder would leave us shorn of attacking intent and sat back defending for much of the game?

I would have imagined that instead we would have enjoyed a high possession rate and had lots of attaccking impteus, considering all the space our attacking players should have enjoyed....

Who would have thought playing one less attacking player in favour of a 'solid' midfielder would leave us shorn of attacking intent and sat back defending for much of the game?

I would have imagined that instead we would have enjoyed a high possession rate and had lots of attaccking impteus, considering all the space our attacking players should have enjoyed....

Ooohh..

Meeow Nayim, Me-bloody-ow! (not your cat was it?)

8)

Back