• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Leicester City *** OMT

6 clean sheets all season (only QPR and Leicester have fewer) and 7 games since our last one (highest in the league); conceded 3 or more goals 7 times this season (almost once every 4 outings; only Burnley have a worse record); lost by a margin of 3 or more goals 4 times (no-one else in the top half close to that; only Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Villa equal the distinction); conceded at a rate of 1.50 per game (highest in the top 10 by a margin; only Saudi Sportswashing Machine and the current bottom 3 have worse stats). I'd say there ought to be strong concerns. We do represent the best entertainment for the neutral, though, with the highest goals-in-games figure in the league (3.17).

Happy we won. But it looks like the old circus is back at Spurs ! Really hate those topsy-turvy matches where we would always concede almost as many goals as we score. It has been some years since we last end up with tennis scores such us 4-3, 4-4, 4-5, and 6-4. Now Pochettino's team has made it possible with the kamikaze defending once again ! Our defence has become so shyte that we look like conceding goals every time other teams attack now, regardless of how shyte the opponents are. It is really embarassing that Leicester who are bottom of the league outclassed us and scored 3 goals at WHL. They could have won this game if Kane was playing for them instead of us ! We were also fortunate to get the penalty for our 3rd goal as we looked lost after losing our 2 goal lead then.

Pochettino has to take the full blame for playing the same team that got humiliated by ManU last week. Really annoyed that he never thought of improving our defending with players like Fazio, Dembele and Stambouli. As a result, we are now officially the worst home defence in the whole league, with only Sunderland conceding as many goals at home as us which is 22 goals. Embarassingly, even the bottom 3 teams have conceded far less goals at home than us ! Fortunately for us, Kane is continuing to save us with his goals or we would be near the relegation zone now.

Full credit to Kane for getting his first hattrick of the season in the league. It is really amazing that he continues to save us with his goals. He has now got 19 goals in the league and 29 in total which is even more amazing. But he might have 1 goal taken away from him as his 2nd goal might be ruled as an own goal as it took a huge deflection off the Leicester player. Kane could have scored 2 more goals as he scored another which was correctly ruled offside and wasted antoher in the 2nd half with only the goalie to beat. Not sure where we would be in the league if not for Kane's goals.

Unfortunately for us, both Eriksen and Chadli seems to be badly out of form and out of luck now. Eriksen should have scored 2 goals but had 1 shot hit the post from which Chadli wasted the rebound. Eriksen also should have scored our 4th goal but his tame shot was saved by the goalie but deflected into goal by the Leicester player. Similiarly, Chadli wasted another chance late in the 2nd half. Both Chadli and Eriksen used to score those chances but seems to ran out of luck now. Credit to Dier for assisting our first goal for Kane and Rose for winning the penalty for our 3rd goal. Paulinho also did well when he came on as he created the chance for Eriksen for our 4th goal.

Really annoyed that Pochettino played the same defence and midfield which was so poor against ManU. After their poor performance against ManU, Dier, Mason and Stambouli should have been replaced by Fazio, Dembele and Stambouli. Not surprisingly, our defence and midfield had another shyte performance, getting outplayed by Leicester for large period of the game. It was annoying to see the defence go missing for their 1st and 2nd goal. Vertonghen should have defended better for their their 3rd goal but Dier should have covered for him. Unfortunately for us, Lloris went off injured so early in the game. Thought Vorm should have done better for atleast 1 of their goals, especially their 3rd goal. It was very poor for Vorm to be beaten from that distance like that. Our midfield were no better either with both Mason and Bentaleb making too many silly errors which put pressure on our defence. This match proves that we badly need a defensive midfielder like Stambouli or someone better to help our defence now.

It was nice to get this win after the humiliation to ManU last week. But Pochettino better do something about our defending if we want to stay in the top 4 race. If we can concede 3 goals at home to bottom team Leicester, just imagine how many goals teams like ManCity can score against us ! Won't be surprised if that match ends up 5-4, 6-5 or 7-6 either way ! Unless Pochettino makes drastic changes to our defence and midfield, we can't expect to finish this season in a positive mood regardless of how many goals Kane scores.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if you watched the game spurs7891 but eriksen was outstanding. He was passing and moving better than he has for some time. He hit the post too. He was the key to everything good really played top notch football

Chadli was toss. Poor decision making at both ends

I'm not sure if you watched the game spurs7891 but eriksen was outstanding. He was passing and moving better than he has for some time. He hit the post too. He was the key to everything good really played top notch football

Chadli was toss. Poor decision making at both ends

Eriksen had a decent game but his goal scoring touch seems to have deserted him. Remember, he was scoring from almost all his touches earlier in the season. But now he can't seems to score whatever he does. Also he seems to be lacking in confidence in front of goal now, always choosing to pass instead of shooting even when he is in a good position. Badly wanted him to score but he has now gone without scoring in 10 matches now.

until last week this team had been our best eleven, and we've had a full week to recover from the Man U defeat. i don't think poch was wrong to start with this team again, and I am quite sure he wanted to assess the players from their response this week.

i was pleased with the way kane, walker, rose kept pounding forwards. they are our best hope in driving the club forwards.

mason and bentaleb - sure still young - but excuses aside they still lack the experience to control games from the centre. one aspect they need to improve is in assessing when to come back to defend e.g. when your CB is way up front. also they looked scared and not confident holding on to the ball and did not provide us with the surprise element, no the rhythm going forwards. a clear indication of their fear or lack of confidence could be seen by how too quickly they passed the ball, when modric for instance would try to get a player to commit to him before laying it off.

defending from the front is simply said that done, very often we are too badly organized and exposed...i insist this is more of poch's fault than the dier or verts; poch needs to get the best out of them, not force fit square pegs into round holes. dier and verts didn't look confident as a pair and didn't trust each other enough to be confident going for the fifty-fifty; and they were both missing defending corners.

chadli's misses were bad; but he's had a brilliant first half of a season, so i think he needs to be cut some slack. on the other hand paulinho showed what a little "dare to do" can bring to the game. good to see that he came on very positively looking to create and immediately put lecesiter on the back foot.

poch has a lot to answer for in the game - fatigue, organization etc. - but i think in the safety of the points haul and our europa position and the rise of a few home grown talents, he has opted for some experimentation. from the last few games I believe he is starting to nail down his philosophy and the core of the team for next season. and that he is doing this also for the committee - mitchell, baldini and levy - to callibrate the players needed from within and without the club.

Eriksen had a decent game but his goal scoring touch seems to have deserted him. Remember, he was scoring from almost all his touches earlier in the season. But now he can't seems to score whatever he does. Also he seems to be lacking in confidence in front of goal now, always choosing to pass instead of shooting even when he is in a good position. Badly wanted him to score but he has now gone without scoring in 10 matches now.

He hit the post and the 4th came from his shot

Its was a strange game, you have a feeling of disappointment despite scoring 4 at home which could have easily been 6 or 7. But defending again was so shaky in open play and shocking at set pieces. The big worry is we don't seem to be learning and improving and there seems to be an acceptance that we will concede.

So when he hit the post that was a pass?

Phil Neville having a dig at Walker tonight for his positional play and concentration. He was right on all counts, highlighting his role in 4 of the last 6 goals that we have conceded, which considering how he is one of our senior players now is worrying. Personally I felt that perhaps the system was to blame for the goals conceded today, but rewatching the first and third goal today really did show that a lot was down to individual errors (Walker and Dier in the main).

Agreed that he's been very poor in the last two games.

He's had poor patches in the past and worked his way through them and emerged a quality player on the other side. Hopefully this latest poor patch will be much shorter than those before. Probably needs to keep it a bit simple for the next couple of games I would say.

Agreed that he's been very poor in the last two games.

He's had poor patches in the past and worked his way through them and emerged a quality player on the other side. Hopefully this latest poor patch will be much shorter than those before. Probably needs to keep it a bit simple for the next couple of games I would say.

It is my belief that Walker is carrying some deep knock, perhaps an aggravation to the rumored ongoing hip issues. I feel he might well be playing through a pain/discomfort barrier. Remember, this is the man who lined up three seasons ago with two games left playing with a broken toe! he wants to be out there and giving his all. But he needs to be 100%. We shall see.

It is my belief that Walker is carrying some deep knock, perhaps an aggravation to the rumored ongoing hip issues. I feel he might well be playing through a pain/discomfort barrier. Remember, this is the man who lined up three seasons ago with two games left playing with a broken toe! he wants to be out there and giving his all. But he needs to be 100%. We shall see.

He got injured during a game a few weeks back didn't he.. The cup final.

Maybe your right but it shouldn't effect his decision making

He got injured during a game a few weeks back didn't he.. The cup final.

Maybe your right but it shouldn't effect his decision making

In my experience Playing with an injury always led to problems, it was always there nagging away and would lead to lapses in concentration. Whatever it is hes been very poor lately and Neville was spot on with whta he pointed out

We do concede too many goals. What we lack is that "invisible" DM that does a lot of the "dirty" work, helping and protecting the CB and FB. We don't have that Sergio/Macherano type midfielder in the team currently. I'd like to have Stambouli instead of Mason. He has the ability to be that type of player. That and both Chadli and Townsend are not doing their share of the defensive work. How Chadli stayed on for the full 90 minutes is beyond me! Next game I'd play Stambouli for Mason, Lamela for Townsend, and stick Eriksen out wide and play Paulinho/Dembele in the middle. Eriken also bails out of his defensive duties at times, but Bentaleb seems to cover that left side decently most of the time. Right side is more of a problem. Lamela is so much better than Townsend at helping Walker, and Walker has looked awfully exposed since the introduction of Townsend.

Quite possibly. He does have a history of playing through pain as you say. Think it was in his first season with us where he twisted his ankle and I was sure he was out for a month, but he finished the game...

He also didn't have a pre-season and had been playing a lot since coming back from his injury. Some inconsistency is to be expected.

When he first came back, he had pretty much his top speed. Recent games he has not been able to make up ground on anyone who has got behind him.

I'm surprised he's though good enough for England on this form.

Hope he comes through it all, but suspect we might need next season before he 'turns up' again.

His defensive positioning is absolutely atrocious and leads to so many chances for the opposition. IMO this is a problem he had even before the injury and not sure he has what it takes to improve.

His defensive positioning is absolutely atrocious and leads to so many chances for the opposition. IMO this is a problem he had even before the injury and not sure he has what it takes to improve.

His positioning has been bad in the last couple of games. It's not consistently bad. He's sorted it out quite a while before his injury actually.

Its no doubt that I high line and high pressing can catch our full backs out. It seems that the centre backs have a license to roam and Benteleb will fill in. But if our full backs are caught high then its all too easy for the opposition to get in down our flanks, this in turn pulls a centre back out of position.

I said before the game that it was obvious Leicester wanted to exploit this much in the same way Liverpool and Man United did. Its becoming a blueprint for opposition sides if they are willing to change their formation. Walker is getting caught out more than most as he loves to get forward. But he needs to look to himself for accountability and pick and choose when he bombs on. Rose seems to be getting a decent balance of both. But even then he was caught out up the pitch when Eriksen turned it over it Walker did not cover the left side for the cross.

Back