• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Leicester City *** OMT

Aside from our problem in defence - who is the natural leader, or leaders out there ? I'd say Lloris, Kane, Rose but I don't get a feel for anyone else. Lloris by his performance and bearing, but Rose and Kane are interesting as they are still so young, but performing without hesitation others seem to have. I need to unload in a proper thread on this.

We had a good 10-15 minute period after we went 3-2 up where the full backs held back and the back line appeared to be playing deeper. That coupled with the personel change suddenly made us look like a team in control. Then we opened back up again and the spaces started re-appearing. Paulinho might have a place in the side in a 3 with Bentaleb and Mason making up for his passing, but I do think that our fullbacks playing a more disciplined game is what we need.

3-5-2 can be a bitch to mark against, but I do think our system and mentality needs to change.

I want to change 6 players to play the system we are playing, see if we finish 3 points off fourth at the end of the season, we rely far too heavily on Kane.

Mate, 6 .. and then what, another transition season?

Very different in if we need to change 6 in squad or 6 in 1st team (squad yes, first team no)

Lloris, Rose, Bentaleb, Eriksen, Kane are probably untouchable, you really think you would change everyone else?

We had a good 10-15 minute period after we went 3-2 up where the full backs held back and the back line appeared to be playing deeper. That coupled with the personel change suddenly made us look like a team in control. Then we opened back up again and the spaces started re-appearing. Paulinho might have a place in the side in a 3 with Bentaleb and Mason making up for his passing, but I do think that our fullbacks playing a more disciplined game is what we need.

3-5-2 can be a bitch to mark against, but I do think our system and mentality needs to change.

Walker, Vert, Chadli are all badly out of form/fatigued, and we depend badly on all 3.

Mate, 6 .. and then what, another transition season?

Very different in if we need to change 6 in squad or 6 in 1st team (squad yes, first team no)

Lloris, Rose, Bentaleb, Eriksen, Kane are probably untouchable, you really think you would change everyone else?

I am not slighting certain players, I think we need different players with different attributes to play this 4-2-3-1, some one mentioned in an earlier post that when our fullbacks stayed deeper we looked better and I would agree with that entirely.

I am not slighting certain players, I think we need different players with different attributes to play this 4-2-3-1, some one mentioned in an earlier post that when our fullbacks stayed deeper we looked better and I would agree with that entirely.

Fit/form Walker/Chadli and Msaon/Bentaleb would make it work, I'd prefer a DM that covers the space the FBs leave, also think due to our highline we still need CBs that are better in arial duels

So how did we play today? I was at work, obviously Harry did alright!

Poor actually, way too open, just better at taking our chances (even though between Chadli and Kane we should have put away another 3)

A win is a win, as they say, but still ...our defending was criminal. Bottom of the league and they put three past us, at our own ground. Sorry times to say the least. BUUUUUUT saying that, we are the only team, all season, to score more than 3 past Leicester. It keeps our season alive. 4th is almost impossible ...but 5th (and guaranteed Europa League) is a goal that we MUST push for. Three points always gives us hope. Keep getting three points and hopefully other teams will trip up. Liverpool v Utd tomorrow that one ending in a draw breathes a little life into our fight.

Walker has become a complete liability, he just can't defend and his passing is terrible, he ended up kicking lloris because he lost the ball then his man.

A win is a win, as they say, but still ...our defending was criminal. Bottom of the league and they put three past us, at our own ground. Sorry times to say the least. BUUUUUUT saying that, we are the only team, all season, to score more than 3 past Leicester. It keeps our season alive. 4th is almost impossible ...but 5th (and guaranteed Europa League) is a goal that we MUST push for. Three points always gives us hope. Keep getting three points and hopefully other teams will trip up. Liverpool v Utd tomorrow that one ending in a draw breathes a little life into our fight.

I think it's because we commit so many players to attack. As I've said elsewhere, at times we almost play with a 2 man defence. So it's no wonder that we can score goals but also ship them the other way.

We defended poorly as we weren't committed and barely organised... But we still won

We missed some golden chances to have a bigger lead... But we won

Our one try world class player was injured after 3ins... But we won

Yes it wasn't a classic performance but it's 3 points in the bag and a tricky game gone. They don't lie down for anyone and have given us two hard games already this season beating us once if people care to remember

Phil Neville having a dig at Walker tonight for his positional play and concentration. He was right on all counts, highlighting his role in 4 of the last 6 goals that we have conceded, which considering how he is one of our senior players now is worrying. Personally I felt that perhaps the system was to blame for the goals conceded today, but rewatching the first and third goal today really did show that a lot was down to individual errors (Walker and Dier in the main).

Phil Neville having a dig at Walker tonight for his positional play and concentration. He was right on all counts, highlighting his role in 4 of the last 6 goals that we have conceded, which considering how he is one of our senior players now is worrying. Personally I felt that perhaps the system was to blame for the goals conceded today, but rewatching the first and third goal today really did show that a lot was down to individual errors (Walker and Dier in the main).

I've made it clear im no fan yet... Buy maybe walker is missing Lamella as let's face it, Townsend send goes missing all the time

Walker has been atrocious lately which has coincided with the return of Townsend

It's true and there were a few times today where Townsend was caught ball watching and his man was able to run off him. However Walker is now at an age where he shouldn't be getting caught out like he does and should be one of those guiding the less experienced players. He still needs his CB there to help position himself and right now that man is Dier, a 20 year old playing his first season in the EPL.

The thing Walker needs is some serious competition for his place. The sooner the better.

Pretty much. It isn't a case of his injury affecting him, because he's as quick and mobile as ever. It's his decision-making that's been awful recently. It's always been his problem (even during the spells when he's been brilliant), but it's shown up more over the past few weeks.

And him being a lock for the England squad regardless doesn't help.

Back