• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Leicester City *** OMT

Well, I'll concede that perhaps 'uniformly bad' isn't the best term to use, given that I myself mentioned that Rose, Eriksen and Kane had good games. But nonetheless, I remain unconvinced. Leicester created better chances than we did, and more of them: and the self-inflicted nature of the goals they conceded were equally matched on our side, with the bounce being all that separated us today.And when that is the performance we as a whole offer up against a team at the very foot of the table, it cannot be called vintage, or even passable.

There were times this season when we were deemed 'lucky' unfairly, and when the good that I did see in our play was overlooked by a lot of people. Today we were just lucky, and still managed to put in a fairly awful performance overall, imo.

If only your opinions on Levy were as easy to change ;)

I agree that we were lucky to get the win today. But I also think there were some positives. How many times have we seen a Spurs team collapse after conceding an equalizer (be it 2-2 or 1-1). Thought we actually responded quite well, took control of the game a bit more and started creating chances. Yes it was messy, but there were also some positives. We're in poor form, a hard fought, good spirit shown, one goal marginal win can be just what we need.

I think people sorely underestimate an average age of 22-23 and one of the highest match tallys this season. I wonder which is a bigger factor, accumulative fatigue or the LACK of 2-3 game a week rhythm we've had all season all of a sudden.

I think people sorely underestimate an average age of 22-23 and one of the highest match tallys this season. I wonder which is a bigger factor, accumulative fatigue or the LACK of 2-3 game a week rhythm we've had all season all of a sudden.

Very fair point, even players who have been delivering are looking a little sloppy

Job done, hatrick for Kane, onwards and upwards

Was thinking the other day... I think it's a well described phenomenon (can't be bothered to google right now) that people get ill a bit more often right after getting time off work for a holiday. In a way the body keeps going and keeps going and then crashes a bit when the rest finally arrives. Not saying that's exactly what happened to us, but as a layman I don't think a slight drop in form after a period like ours seems impossible to explain as a reaction to what happened in the previous months. It's not a computer game where "fitness" gradually improves with time away from matches in a predictable fashion.

The age thing though... Almost certainly a big factor. And it's not like we have a young squad with a couple of experienced key players (like say Liverpool last season). Even our key players are young and inexperienced. Even our experienced players like Lloris and Vertonghen are, compared to many other teams, relatively speaking inexperienced...

Absolutely mate, would not deny it and yes, as is your right. But what I would say is that generally evidence suggests he is firmly in the right direction. Unless you want Harry/Tim back!

I would rather have Christian Gross before Sherwood came anywhere near us again. :D Whilst I don't agree that we are firmly in the right direction, I DO hope that we get there mate, however bumpy the ride may be. :)

At the game, disappointed again, our midfield five are poor, no structure and the sitting two (Bentaleb and Mason) not capable of performing in the way that MP expects, we need 6 new players or we change our system, top four, your having a laugh, how fatigue comes in to it I do not see, we are playing one game a week, I await the arrows !

Little Paulie did a neat enough job today, I thought, especially going forward.

Agreed. Won a couple of duels too. Actually looked a bit like the player I thought we had signed when we signed him.

Well done on Poch for trusting him in that situation, I don't think many of us would have...

If only your opinions on Levy were as easy to change ;)

I agree that we were lucky to get the win today. But I also think there were some positives. How many times have we seen a Spurs team collapse after conceding an equalizer (be it 2-2 or 1-1). Thought we actually responded quite well, took control of the game a bit more and started creating chances. Yes it was messy, but there were also some positives. We're in poor form, a hard fought, good spirit shown, one goal marginal win can be just what we need.

In the end, it probably won't matter - three points will be recorded as three points, and if anything this game will be remembered mainly for Kane's hat-trick more than anything else. So in that respect, it's not too important either way. :) However, in my opinion, we never really made efforts to get back into the game - we just got tremendously lucky while playing in much the same fashion that saw us concede both the first and second goals. We won't get away with this against even marginally better sides, and it's important to acknowledge this bwfore it bites us in the arse, what with the tricky games we have left.

Our games against struggling sides always seem to run to script. Start brightly, score, then take the foot off the gas, pass the ball side ways and backwards, all momentum is lost and then concede. When the tempo goes, so does our performance.

At the game, disappointed again, our midfield five are poor, no structure and the sitting two (Bentaleb and Mason) not capable of performing in the way that MP expects, we need 6 new players or we change our system, top four, your having a laugh, how fatigue comes in to it I do not see, we are playing one game a week, I await the arrows !

You should expect the arrows, you want to change 6 players from a team that have an average age of 23 plus, got to cup final and 3 points off 4th in the managers first season?

Our games against struggling sides always seem to run to script. Start brightly, score, then take the foot off the gas, pass the ball side ways and backwards, all momentum is lost and then concede. When the tempo goes, so does our performance.

Not just against struggling sides. That's been our script for a while now, including in Europe.

I would rather have Christian Gross before Sherwood came anywhere near us again. :D Whilst I don't agree that we are firmly in the right direction, I DO hope that we get there mate, however bumpy the ride may be. :)

WE AGREE!!!!!!!!!!! Let's leave it there mate COYS!
;)

In the end, it probably won't matter - three points will be recorded as three points, and if anything this game will be remembered mainly for Kane's hat-trick more than anything else. So in that respect, it's not too important either way. :) However, in my opinion, we never really made efforts to get back into the game - we just got tremendously lucky while playing in much the same fashion that saw us concede both the first and second goals. We won't get away with this against even marginally better sides, and it's important to acknowledge this bwfore it bites us in the arse, what with the tricky games we have left.

Thought there were several spells with us playing good football in that second half. Moving it side to side, fairly patient buildup, looking for openings, not over committing.

We also got that 2 goal lead again. A well worked attack I thought at the time, despite the luck involved with the finish. It's one of those people always complain about if we don't get the two goal lead, of course particularly if we conceded. But we did get it.

We have played a couple of truly awful games this season where there weren't many positives. Just don't think this was one of them. Agree completely that we have to improve in the remaining games.

Frankly, we're so shіt defensively, it's untrue. Panic stations every time we come under the slightest pressure and a collective headless chicken act at every set-piece.

LAST WEEK was a game with no positives!! 3 points is 3 points no matter how poor the performance, man u lost to this lost 5-3, Liverpool drew 2-2 at home so they aren't hopeless. Gooner Merse said we'd lose. Still LOTS of work to do with this team, mainly at the back, but just enjoy the fact we won guys, and remember how rubbish it felt 6pm last Sunday

You should expect the arrows, you want to change 6 players from a team that have an average age of 23 plus, got to cup final and 3 points off 4th in the managers first season?

I want to change 6 players to play the system we are playing, see if we finish 3 points off fourth at the end of the season, we rely far too heavily on Kane.

I want to change 6 players to play the system we are playing, see if we finish 3 points off fourth at the end of the season, we rely far too heavily on Kane.

i think we need a few as well, other than Lloris and Kane we don't really have a spine, if we can add an experienced and canny head at CB and CM we'll be a more solid unit, we need another forward as cover for Kane and for when he hits the inevitable dry spell, the wide outs we have aren't up to it either

Back