• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Fulham OMT***

Because we were brick, best player in a brick team doesn't often mean a great deal. Hojberg is a decent player but no more than that. Our current system has so relied upon Bissouma's capabilities. The concern is without him and a similar type player to come in for him that the system may not function as well.

On the topic of Hojberg when he was the starter under Mourinho we wanted and needed better. Now we have better the concern is can he match up to the higher standards now required?

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

So Bissouma is the new Harry Kane? We can't win games without him? The team have to play in a different way, if we can't then we have a bit more work to do. I would hope fans realise we aren't the finish article and it might take time to get there, this start has got people expecting more than we can possibly deliver at this time, still a work in progress.

So Bissouma is the new Harry Kane? We can't win games without him? The team have to play in a different way, if we can't then we have a bit more work to do. I would hope fans realise we aren't the finish article and it might take time to get there, this start has got people expecting more than we can possibly deliver at this time, still a work in progress.

I never even made that claim with Harry Kane, but I have and will argue that the midfield is the most important part of the pitch and if the setup there is wrong then you're starting with a disadvantage.

Your point about people expecting too much is actually in alignment with what I've said. Expecting Hojberg to come in and perform exactly to the same level would be expecting too much. The question is how closely can he perform to the required level?

It may not make any difference and the rest of the midfield is able to compensate for his absence but that remains to be seen.

I never even made that claim with Harry Kane, but I have and will argue that the midfield is the most important part of the pitch and if the setup there is wrong then you're starting with a disadvantage.

Your point about people expecting too much is actually in alignment with what I've said. Expecting Hojberg to come in and perform exactly to the same level would be expecting too much. The question is how closely can he perform to the required level?

It may not make any difference and the rest of the midfield is able to compensate for his absence but that remains to be seen.

Exactly it remains to be seen, Holjberg is no Bissouma and the manager and team must come up with a way of coping. May not play as well but keeping to the attacking style and winning is the main thing not the personel.

Exactly it remains to be seen, Holjberg is no Bissouma and the manager and team must come up with a way of coping. May not play as well but keeping to the attacking style and winning is the main thing not the personel.

For me it's not about him being Bissouma or like Bisouma it's can he fit the system and do a job. In that it's going to be about moving the ball quickly and contributing to the tempo. He is never going to be a break the line ball carrier but I think that's extra that Bissouma gives us rather than the minimum.

Can he get the ball to those in dangerous areas quickly, that's going to be his role

Fat Bloke: "I'd much rather have Maddison in that space."

Well, Maddison will be there vs. Fulham. Hojbjerg is taking Bissouma's place. Not saying he is a like-for-like replacement, but I think he can emulate many of the qualities Bissouma has including driving forward with the ball at his feet. No doubting his defensive abilities.

Well, Maddison will be there vs. Fulham. Hojbjerg is taking Bissouma's place. Not saying he is a like-for-like replacement, but I think he can emulate many of the qualities Bissouma has including driving forward with the ball at his feet. No doubting his defensive abilities.
When does he ever drive forward with the ball? And defensively he is bang average. He is no better than Harry Winks apart from occasionally scoring a goal. He is vastly overrated by a lot of Spurs fans.

Mr walk back and swing my arms in the air.

For me it's not about him being Bissouma or like Bisouma it's can he fit the system and do a job. In that it's going to be about moving the ball quickly and contributing to the tempo. He is never going to be a break the line ball carrier but I think that's extra that Bissouma gives us rather than the minimum.

Can he get the ball to those in dangerous areas quickly, that's going to be his role
Agree with you, thats why I have a problem with skip, the game slow down every time he gets the ball and his passing is the second or third best pass.. wish he could pass the ball faster and take the best pass, becouse he has the speed to run with the ball too

When does he ever drive forward with the ball? And defensively he is bang average. He is no better than Harry Winks apart from occasionally scoring a goal. He is vastly overrated by a lot of Spurs fans.

In my previous comments about Hojbjerg, I've mentioned what he gets to do for Denmark as opposed to what he has been asked to do for Spurs. If he was as schitt as you say, he'd be playing chess in the cheese room with Eric Dier.

You're not from Schleswig-Holstein are you? They too question Hojbjerg's abilities.

Gutted I’m gonna miss this due to bring on a plane to Daneland
Will get off at the other end end get my phone on asap to see a great 3-1 win

Yiddo, go to YouTube and find Hojbjerg highlights season 2023… I realy dont understand that ppl know brick about what he gives us…

National flags have sweet FA to do with a game of club football. Oh, they can be tolerated in the right circumstances - Sarf Krean flags waving for Sonny, just to let him know they're there.

But the middle east powderkeg is close to full eruption. No need to make anyone uncomfortable - and I'm sure we do have fans of Arab origins. Most of us are at sports events for a distraction, not a reminder.

Sorry for going off piste but what is weather like on the east coast in October? We were thinking of taking a cruise to there next year.

Back