• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS CHELSEA - CAPITAL ONE CUP FINAL

Pirate55 said:
We are going to win. It is written.
Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

If the amount of nervous pre-match poo's I've had equates to how many goals we will score today, we will score a hatful hahaha

Haha, I can relate.

I'm predicting something along the lines of - we're dominating the first half, people are surprised, getting optimistic, looks like we can get something out of this game, we miss a few good chances, 0-0 at half time - start the second half well, miss a few sitters, Chelski get a freekick in the 68th minute, whoever takes their freekicks scores off a deflection, we try to get one back, but get hit on the counter a couple of times, and lose 3-0.

Been following Spurs for too long to even start to dream about us winning this. Which is a good thing going into the match, I guess.

are we playing in all white??? our last two league cup wins v Cheatski came with us wearing all white iirc

I've always rather hoped we'd grow out of the "Let's pretend we're Real Madrid" thing one day :)

I'm guessing a pointless shove in Hazard's back by Walker while he's going away from goal, free-kick, 1-0, then a loose backpass from Vertonghen latched onto by Costa, who is left one-on-one with the keeper for 2-0. If there's a consolation it'll probably come late and be from Eriksen.

Edit: That's assuming Vertonghen is still on the pitch and hasn't been red-carded after conceding a penalty for a nonexistent challenge on a player he was five yards away from.

Last edited:
The other thing I fear is Lamela's temperament. He seems to get in little niggles, shoves, elbows all the time and it never seems to come to anything, but in a big game we can do with keeping 11 on the pitch. 10 men versus Chelsea = a problem!

Good gosh I am bricking it already!

I went and saw Mogwai perform at a gobsmacking show in Melbourne tonight (soooo good) , hope it's an omen and Tottenham serve up an equally mind blowing performance in the hours to come.

COYS!

Who in the Chelsea team will want this more than Kane and Mason?

Coming round to the idea of playing Townsend because of the size of the pitch suiting him, his familiarity with playing at Wembley and he started the 5-3 game.

Why does it feel like I need a team of helpers just to make sure I haven't forgot anything, to tell me what to do, show me where to go etc etc.....any other day I could do all this with my eyes closed.....the nerves and anxiety are so so debiltating.......now which nail haven't I bit yet!

It's been around since the late 90's but it started as Spurs Update.
Yes, I was on Spurs Update around 1997 with that guy Bruce something, is he still around? And then transitioned to Glory Glory, not unlike Frank Warren.

We didn't have the internet at work, we just had email, so I had to wade through the daily email updates... halcyon days.

Find it hard to mentally prepare for this League Cup Final. There is is too much tension just thinking about this match. Boom shaka laka been playing and winning Cup Finals more regularly. Instead we have not won any Cup since 2008 and there is desperation from us to win our first Cup in 7 years. Without doubt Chelsea will be looking for revenge after losing that 2008 Final to us. But we have beaten them in the league in January. So, we should not fear them. We have shown we have the players to beat them as long as we play out best !

Surely, Kane will be our key player in this match. Regardless of how we do in other areas of the field, we badly need to score to have any chance of winning the Cup. We have such a poor record in penalty shoot outs. In fact, we lost the 2009 Final on penalties. So we need to do all we can to win this match in normal time. To do that, we badly need the goals from Kane. Hope Kane will keep his goal scoring run going. Eriksen has been out of form in recent matches, having not scored in 5 matches. Hope he will be up for this match and score a goal or two, especially from any freekicks we get.

Can see this match being won or lost in midfield. We need to control the midfield to have any chance of winning. I think we need experience more than talent to do that. Will prefer if we play Dembele and Stambouli in centre midfield. I feel the inexperienced Bentaleb and Mason will get overawed about playing a Cup final. Chadli should start as well as he can improve our goal scoring chances. Also want Lamela to start ahead of Townsend. I think Lamela's creativity will help us open up Chelsea's defence. But we can bring on Townsend later if needed.

Our defence have been conceding goals non stop this season. But hope they will lift their game for this Final and keep a clean sheet for once ! Surely, Lloris should start as he is our no.1 goalie. Vorm might have played in all League Cup matches before this but all those were against shyte teams. We need an experienced and more reliable goalie like Lloris against teams like Chelsea. Want Vertonghen and Fazio to start in centre defence. Both may have made costly mistakes against Fiorentina but I think they are still our best defenders. I think Dier's lack of experience will be a huge disadvantage in this Final. We also need Walker and Rose to be at their best to avoid making any silly mistakes in defence.

This is going to be a tense Final. We always seems to make it hard for ourselves in Cup Finals. Remember, we came from behind to beat Chelsea in 2008 and needed injury time goal to win with 10 men in 1999. And in the 1991 FA Cup, we lost our best player Gazza to injury, went a goal down, then Lineker missed a penalty but still managed to win in extra time. Can see this being another difficult Final. Hope we will turn up with the positive mentality, get all the luck we need and win the Cup !

Back