• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Burnley OMT ***

Do people think Kane's been great today too? Because I really really don't so just wonder how out of synch with you lot I am :) Amazjng he keeps scoring so won't complain too much. But it enforces what I think - slow, not clinical enough, works hard but in terms of play how much does he have an impact?

My word.....

The ages of our starting line up is ridiculous. If Arsenal did this the media would be spunking all over themselves.

24 27 27 21
20 23
22 22 25
21​

average age 23.73

Whew. Nervy game, but good win in the end. Special mentions to Fazio (solid, dealt with Ings relatively well(, Verts (was at ease throughout the 90), Eriksen (displayed terrific awareness throughout, played some incisive passes and always looked to get into a position to aid the man on the ball/man closing down), and of course Lamela, who looked confident and assured for the first time in ages.

Not a dirty game but Mike Jones let a few strong challenges go (rightly imo) whereas some other refs would have blown up because they want to wrap the EPL in cotton wool. Good game for him.

Have been asking that question to my toffee friends all season, they are not having any of it.

At some point the novelty of passing football will wear off. They are leaking goals and their back 5 is Coleman and a bunch of pensioners.

At some point the novelty of passing football will wear off. They are leaking goals and their back 5 is Coleman and a bunch of pensioners.

At the moment they are being very loyal and maybe sensible by wanting to give him another season at least.

I'll hazard a guess and say that Liverpool and Everton are struggling this season partly as the managers are playing extra games which neither had to contend with last season. Poch, on the other hand has had to come into Spurs and immediately get to grips with squad rotation as well as getting players to buy into his playing system. So fans should bear this is mind before criticising his team selections and subs.

On the train home from the game - kyle walker made such a difference to lamelas game. Having a compote right back behind him to offer him options but also defensively. You could also see him coaching and giving him advice. I think walker coming back will be a huge difference for us.

I'll hazard a guess and say that Liverpool and Everton are struggling this season partly as the managers are playing extra games which neither had to contend with last season. Poch, on the other hand has had to come into Spurs and immediately get to grips with squad rotation as well as getting players to buy into his playing system. So fans should bear this is mind before criticising his team selections and subs.

Good post

1000 times this

There are a lot of pseudo intellectuals who, whenever they hear the words "philosophy" or "strategy", they shoot their loads. Rodgers and Martinez are good managers but they haven't uncovered some secret that is beyond the comprehension of people like Allardyce and Harry.

It was very interesting to hear that we have already played 10 more games than Burnley. Hope the squad doesn't burn out.

There are a lot of pseudo intellectuals who, whenever they hear the words "philosophy" or "strategy", they shoot their loads. Rodgers and Martinez are good managers but they haven't uncovered some secret that is beyond the comprehension of people like Allardyce and Harry.

I must admit there is one guy, who got a job they were both mooted for, who gets me shooting my load

It was very interesting to hear that we have already played 10 more games than Burnley. Hope the squad doesn't burn out.

Rotation, rotation, rotation :)

Some brief research into our most frequent starters:

PlayerStartsSub apps.
Lloris23
Vertonghen201
Eriksen191
Lamela178
Kane158
Davies151
Fazio15

On the train home from the game - kyle walker made such a difference to lamelas game. Having a compote right back behind him to offer him options but also defensively. You could also see him coaching and giving him advice. I think walker coming back will be a huge difference for us.

Spot on for me. Excactly what I was thinking during that first half, and then just before half-time they switched wings,didnt get that. Lamela was giving the Burnley No.6 plenty to think about.
Didnt expect a comfortable win 1-0 was my pick, but I think had someone converted that Lamela cross at 1-0 we would have gone on to repeat Wednesday nights scoreline

Nice to see the flag on display today as well

Burnley Home 20-12-14.jpg

Back