• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Burnley OMT ***

My internet went down in shock the moment Lamela scored, well done the lad, do him the world of confidence.

The crispness of our passing is some of the best I remember in decades

Have to say I agree although decades is a bit of an exagerration - Has really improved over the last few games too imo. I don't completely agree with Scara and accept that width can be important when teams are proving hard to break down. But imo it is used all too often as an easy option rather than developing good, quick passing in the final third.

excellent half of football. missed lamela's goal coz i was changing my daughter's nappy! saw it on replay, great hit, hopefully sets him on a run of form.

let's win this by 3 or 4!

I hope Mason's okay. Biggest concern atm. Apart from that, though, magnificent goal for Lamela, a massive relief off everyone's shoulders, most pertinently his. And Kane scores again. :) Good performance, good half. bit worried for Mason.

Pretty good first half from Spurs but only 3 shots on target from 13 attempts is a little bit slack.

Shame to lose Mason but Stambouli can do with more Premier League minutes under his belt.

You are just setting him up to fail there. We should judge him over a range of games rather than against two of the better teams in the league.

By the same token lets not judge him on just this game either (which will be hard for some).

being out for 9 months wont affect technical ability.

It won't, but it will affect their interplay with teammates.
Of course gifted technical players can do it more easily but I think Walker has demonstrated enough ability to suggest that he will improve when he becomes more family with the new style.

Still can't believe Kane missed an open goal from 1 yard, it was so obvious Lamela was going to square it to him, yet it took him by surprise!

Looking good so far, lots of neat crisp passing. Too many shots over the bar, we need to give Heaton something to save, not just blast it over.

So good to see Kane's first home league goal this year and Lamela's first league goal, let's hope Lamela's confidence continues and the left back (Mee?) continues to cower away from him. That battle is key.

Back