• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Burnley OMT ***

Looking forward to this. The cup win means nothing if we revert back to a bad performance today. There is absolutely no ex-cuse for not beating Burnley at home. COYS !

I think it's a myth rose is better in attack. Davies got the assist against Swansea, when was the last time rose got an assist? I. Work he is, but his crosses are 80% one inch off the ground or out for a goal kick. Davies every single time.

----------LLoris
Walker-Fazio-Jan-Davies
----Stambouki-Bentaleb
Lamela---Kane----Eriksen
----------Soldado

I'd be fine with lennon/chadli/Dembele in Lamelas position.

In his last PL start, at home to Stoke. Only Lamela has more assists.

Last edited:
Not sure I agree. 7 subs should be able to cover all 11 positions, And with 11 subs you'll have plenty of times when small teams cant fill the bench. Just plays in to the hands of the big teams

I see your point but on the other hand you may have space to put youngsters you wouldn't usually put on the bench and if winning comfortably chuck on a youngster to give him some game time which should help their development.

--------------lloris
walker----fazio---vert----davies
eriksen*----mason---bentaleb--townsend
--------------chadli---kane

*kind of a free role, but goes back to the right to defend.

Oh Spurs you have me feeling all optimistic for the second half of the season after recent performances, please don't disappoint me today.

3-0

COYS

The last time we played Burnley, we lost 2-3 to them away in 2010, even with Bale and Modric scoring for us. But we did beat them 5-0 at home that season. So, hope we will repeat that home performance here. Afterall, we are on a 2 match winning run. We need to continue that run. We really need to improve our home form in the league. It was really disappointing to draw 0-0 with Palace in our last home league match. Hope we will repeat the performance against Saudi Sportswashing Machine in this match.

Can see Burnely concentrate on defending in this match. So, Eriksen will be be our key player again in this match. He is the one who can open up the other teams with his creativity and set pieces. Hope he will be up for this match again. But not sure if he will be too tired after playing against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Badly wants Lamela to do well for us but not sure if he has earned the right to start any match for us. But Lamela does have the most assists for us in the league with 4 assists. Wish we can get the best out of him somehow.

It is nice to have a striker in good form like Kane is now. But Kane needs to be more consistent in the league by scoring more league goals. Hope he can get one here. Soldado did well to score against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. But like Kane, he really needs to score more in the league. Somehow feel Soldado has been very unlucky for us, rather than clumsy. Almost all his shots goes only inches wide or high. After scoring against Everton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine, hope he will get more luck scoring for us.

Our defence did well to keep a clean sheet against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Hope we can continue to partner Vertonghen and Fazio in defence and get more consistent. Fazio seems like improving fast. Hope he can start a good partnership with Vertonghen. We really need to avoid any silly mistakes and keep more clean sheets. Our defending under Pochettino has not been very convincing so far. Hope we can improve on that.

We really need to improve our performances and results at home in the league. To do that, we have to beat teams like Burnley at home. Will prefer a big win but just a simple win with a clean sheet will be acceptable.

Any official team news yet ?

Hope we will be fired up for this match after the erection inducing win against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. The 0-0 draw against Palace last time was disappointing. Hope we will do much better and get the much-needed win here.

The last time we played Burnley, we lost 2-3 to them away in 2010, even with Bale and Modric scoring for us. But we did beat them 5-0 at home that season. So, hope we will repeat that home performance here. Afterall, we are on a 2 match winning run. We need to continue that run. We really need to improve our home form in the league. It was really disappointing to draw 0-0 with Palace in our last home league match. Hope we will repeat the performance against Saudi Sportswashing Machine in this match.

Can see Burnely concentrate on defending in this match. So, Eriksen will be be our key player again in this match. He is the one who can open up the other teams with his creativity and set pieces. Hope he will be up for this match again. But not sure if he will be too tired after playing against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Badly wants Lamela to do well for us but not sure if he has earned the right to start any match for us. But Lamela does have the most assists for us in the league with 4 assists. Wish we can get the best out of him somehow.

It is nice to have a striker in good form like Kane is now. But Kane needs to be more consistent in the league by scoring more league goals. Hope he can get one here. Soldado did well to score against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. But like Kane, he really needs to score more in the league. Somehow feel Soldado has been very unlucky for us, rather than clumsy. Almost all his shots goes only inches wide or high. After scoring against Everton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine, hope he will get more luck scoring for us.

Our defence did well to keep a clean sheet against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Hope we can continue to partner Vertonghen and Fazio in defence and get more consistent. Fazio seems like improving fast. Hope he can start a good partnership with Vertonghen. We really need to avoid any silly mistakes and keep more clean sheets. Our defending under Pochettino has not been very convincing so far. Hope we can improve on that.

We really need to improve our performances and results at home in the league. To do that, we have to beat teams like Burnley at home. Will prefer a big win but just a simple win with a clean sheet will be acceptable.

I HOPE we win 8 -0 :D

Any official team news yet ?

Hope we will be fired up for this match after the erection inducing win against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. The 0-0 draw against Palace last time was disappointing.

I have been told this is the team
--------------Vorm
Chrics---Kaboul---Dier----Naugton
Lamela----Capou---Winks--townsend
--------------chadli---Ade

This team will win I hope

Last edited:
That was as an AM though, not a CM. Why move him further from the opposition's goal and bog him down with defensive work? Personally I love him on the left, he moves into space undetected and disorganises defences, when he starts as a 10 he's easier to track imo and isn't as influential. I doubt he'll ever start as a CM, not in a two anyway. Same reason the likes of Silva, Nasri, Mata and Ozil never would.

Agreed. He's not a Modric. When will people realise?

Happy with the team. I'd probably have swapped Lamela for Soldado but he really needs to show why he's in the team today.

THFC Team: Lloris (c); Walker, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies; Bentaleb, Mason; Lamela, Eriksen, Chadli; Kane

Subs: Vorm, Chiriches, Rose, Dembele, Stambouli, Townsend, Soldado

Don't like Kane up front, but solid team nonetheless...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk
Agree. Think him and Solly work well together. Maybe Poch is trying just to give them a break given we only have 2 CFs (I don't count Ade) but lots of games coming up

There are goals in this team but no real target man. Burnley should struggle against the clever and fast play today. Hoping for a big win but this is Spurs.

COYS

Back