• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Burnley OMT ***

I'll have a go at some:

Going clockwise starting from top left:

- ??
- Bobby Mimms (In November??)
- Paul Mahon
- Dean Marney??
- Chris Waddle
- Mitchell Thomas
- Paul Stewart
- Tony Parkes

The first one is Ralph Coates. The second is Mark Kendall. The third is Paul Mahorn (Typo!). I agree with the others, apart from Tony Parks (another typo!).

Lloris

Walker Fazio Verts Rose/Davies (ambivalent)

Townsend Eriksen Mason/Bentelab Chadli

Kane Soldado

------------Lloris------------
Walker--Fazio---Verts--Davies
-------Mason--Bentaleb------
Lennon----------------------
-------------------Lamela---
-----------Kane-------------
----------Soldado-----------

In Soldado and Lamela with have players who are misfiring and I think giving them a chance against one of the bottom 4 at WHL would be a good idea. They fail to turn up by the 60 minute mark and we bring on Eriksen, Chadli and whoever else.

In Soldado and Lamela with have players who are misfiring and I think giving them a chance against one of the bottom 4 at WHL would be a good idea. They fail to turn up by the 60 minute mark and we bring on Eriksen, Chadli and whoever else.

Soldado plays because he's actually scored and Kane looks better with him on the field.

Lamela needs a rest ... if both him and Bobby have a **** game, we will probably be 1-0 down by 60 minutes, no value to the risk.

Lennon/Townsend wide, hopefully Eriksen has enough left in the legs for 60 minutes here

Might opt for Stambouli to start, rest Mason

Whhhaaaatt? No Eriksen? Cannot be serious - an oversight surely, no?

Lloris

Kane Soldado

Eriksen has been awesome for us lately coming in off the flank, primarily by getting goals and assists. So you want to move him to a position with more defensive responsibility and where he will most likely spend more of the game further away from the box?

Almost certain it will be 2 out of Mason, Bentaleb and Stambouli for the two central roles.

I will also be very surprised if Townsend gets a start ahead of Lennon and Lamela. He was rather poor against Besiktas and alright against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Burnley will most likely park the bus and not give Townsend space to run into. And have plenty of players back to block his shots from range. And we have Walker back to provide width down that flank.

Soldado plays because he's actually scored and Kane looks better with him on the field.

Lamela needs a rest ... if both him and Bobby have a **** game, we will probably be 1-0 down by 60 minutes, no value to the risk.

Lennon/Townsend wide, hopefully Eriksen has enough left in the legs for 60 minutes here

Might opt for Stambouli to start, rest Mason

For me, if players are tired I think it's an equally valid plan to start them on the bench to give them half an hour at the end when opponents are tiring rather than give them the starting hour when opponents are fresher and space is harder to come by. That being said, for this one we were in cruise control against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Eriksen really didn't have to run himself into the ground towards the end. Obviously just a guess, but I think he'll be fine starting the game.

Agree that Soldado deserves a start, a couple of goals and a good attitude. Would be a good time to try to get him going and he should obviously be nice and fresh having only played 20 minutes midweek.

Mason was rested midweek, don't think he needs another rest. Stambouli has been good, but Mason for me has been more creative and he seems better at pushing on into attacking positions. Think we might need that.

Giving Lamela some time away from the starting line-up is one approach. Giving him more time on the pitch is another. I think both those are decent ideas and I trust Poch to make a good decision on that.

B]Eriksen has been awesome for us lately coming in off the flank, primarily by getting goals and assists. So you want to move him to a position with more defensive responsibility and where he will most likely spend more of the game further away from the box?

Almost certain it will be 2 out of Mason, Bentaleb and Stambouli for the two central roles.

I will also be very surprised if Townsend gets a start ahead of Lennon and Lamela. He was rather poor against Besiktas and alright against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Burnley will most likely park the bus and not give Townsend space to run into. And have plenty of players back to block his shots from range. And we have Walker back to provide width down that flank.

For me, if players are tired I think it's an equally valid plan to start them on the bench to give them half an hour at the end when opponents are tiring rather than give them the starting hour when opponents are fresher and space is harder to come by. That being said, for this one we were in cruise control against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Eriksen really didn't have to run himself into the ground towards the end. Obviously just a guess, but I think he'll be fine starting the game.

Agree that Soldado deserves a start, a couple of goals and a good attitude. Would be a good time to try to get him going and he should obviously be nice and fresh having only played 20 minutes midweek.

Mason was rested midweek, don't think he needs another rest. Stambouli has been good, but Mason for me has been more creative and he seems better at pushing on into attacking positions. Think we might need that.

Giving Lamela some time away from the starting line-up is one approach. Giving him more time on the pitch is another. I think both those are decent ideas and I trust Poch to make a good decision on that.

Regarding Eriksen, I don't agree that he was best coming in from the flank. In fact, in both the Hull and Swansea games he only came good late in the game when he moved to a more central position. Against the Barcodes, he had Townsend right and Chadli left and started centrally where he bossed the game.
Furthermore, he needs runners to be most effective and having two wide men increases his options. Also, him and Lamela in the same side has never really worked.

He can certainly play centrally and given that Burnley are likely to park the bus we need him on the ball as much as possible. Paired with either Mason or Bentelab, who would given a more holding role, this should be sufficient against Burnley imo

The choice on the right is between an out of form Lamela, an injured Lennon or an overkeen Townsend. For the reasons I have given in the Townsend thread, I think he should be given a few consecutive starts to see if his performance improves - just like we have been perservering with Lamela so far but unfortunately he hasn't yet delivered. For me, it is now Townsends turn to stake his claim.

Regarding Eriksen, I don't agree that he was best coming in from the flank. In fact, in both the Hull and Swansea games he only came good late in the game when he moved to a more central position. Against the Barcodes, he had Townsend right and Chadli left and started centrally where he bossed the game.
Furthermore, he needs runners to be most effective and having two wide men increases his options. Also, him and Lamela in the same side has never really worked.

He can certainly play centrally and given that Burnley are likely to park the bus we need him on the ball as much as possible. Paired with either Mason or Bentelab, who would given a more holding role, this should be sufficient against Burnley imo

The choice on the right is between an out of form Lamela, an injured Lennon or an overkeen Townsend. For the reasons I have given in the Townsend thread, I think he should be given a few consecutive starts to see if his performance improves - just like we have been perservering with Lamela so far but unfortunately he hasn't yet delivered. For me, it is now Townsends turn to stake his claim.

That was as an AM though, not a CM. Why move him further from the opposition's goal and bog him down with defensive work? Personally I love him on the left, he moves into space undetected and disorganises defences, when he starts as a 10 he's easier to track imo and isn't as influential. I doubt he'll ever start as a CM, not in a two anyway. Same reason the likes of Silva, Nasri, Mata and Ozil never would.

Last edited:
--------------Lloris------------
Walker---Fazio----Verts---Rose
--------Mason----Bentaleb------
Dembele-----Kane-------Eriksen
------------Soldado-----------

That was as an AM though, not a CM. Why move him further from the opposition's goal and bog him down with defensive work? Personally I love him on the left, he moves into space undetected and disorganises defences, when he starts as a 10 he's easier to track imo and isn't as influential. I doubt he'll ever start as a CM, not in a two anyway.

I agree with you, but think with the right DM partner he could play as a CM, with a freer role against those likely to park the bus like Burnley. Same transformation as Modders.

Do you not think this is the type of game we need to use Rose over Davies? Where we need width and assertiveness, over solidity and composure.

This coming from a Rose sceptic too.

I think it's a myth rose is better in attack. Davies got the assist against Swansea, when was the last time rose got an assist? I. Work he is, but his crosses are 80% one inch off the ground or out for a goal kick. Davies every single time.

----------LLoris
Walker-Fazio-Jan-Davies
----Stambouki-Bentaleb
Lamela---Kane----Eriksen
----------Soldado

I'd be fine with lennon/chadli/Dembele in Lamelas position.

Lloris

Kane Soldado
What on earth has Townsend done to deserva a start??? Even considering him is for me mindboggeling! Give the people in row Z a break!

0-0. Soldadodo's leg, impossibly, and to the loud and frank astonishment of Jonathan Pearce or similar, will detach itself at the hip just as he is shaping to tap in the winner, and fall uselessly to the ground with a hollow sound like an empty tin can.

classic banana skin, game we should win comfortably, burnley have nothing to lose, i remember us getting tonked by them in the 80's in a cup game, i remember terry gibson scoring and thats all

I think it's a myth rose is better in attack. Davies got the assist against Swansea, when was the last time rose got an assist? I. Work he is, but his crosses are 80% one inch off the ground or out for a goal kick. Davies every single time.

----------LLoris
Walker-Fazio-Jan-Davies
----Stambouki-Bentaleb
Lamela---Kane----Eriksen
----------Soldado

I'd be fine with lennon/chadli/Dembele in Lamelas position.

Why on earth would you play Stambouli instead of Mason?!?!? Especially at home where we've had problems opening up teams!!! Baffling

I think Serie A have the right idea having 11 players to choose from on the bench.

Not sure I agree. 7 subs should be able to cover all 11 positions, And with 11 subs you'll have plenty of times when small teams cant fill the bench. Just plays in to the hands of the big teams

Chance to go 5th today, certainly 6th even if only overnight. We usually end up blowing these situations though

Sorry Burnley but you are going to get a right royal dingdonging
badger2.jpg

with out lube today,

I feel it
maxresdefault.jpg

i know it,
honey-badger.gif

i can smell it.
images

Not sure I agree. 7 subs should be able to cover all 11 positions, And with 11 subs you'll have plenty of times when small teams cant fill the bench. Just plays in to the hands of the big teams

Because I think he's better. Not only does he protect more, but weirdly, he seems much more involved in the attack too (surprisingly). I really dont rate mason at all. Plus, I dont want to be complacent either. And finally, him offering more protection may free up bentaleb.

Last edited:
Back