• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Burnley OMT***

You cant speak in absolutes like this I'm afraid, If you are one that wants to take the 'moral high ground' in wanting Spurs to win regardless of how it impacts a rival then fair enough and there will be others with you on this. But I know a hell of a lot more who are happy to see Spurs lose if it means the Goons not winning the league and I'm certainly one of them. I'd suggest myself and others with this trail of thought are still football fans nonetheless....
I want us to lose
I’m fine with the progress we have made and happy just with back into Europe
I don’t know any spurs fan in real life that is happy for arsenal to win the league
Even had a couple of stewards talking about us losing when I was at the under 21s game
May not be for everyone of course but that’s life

One of my best mates who is an Arsenal fan just asked me if I will be rooting for Spurs to lose against Emirates Marketing Project and he said he couldn’t imagine a scenario where he wanted Arsenal to lose. I said it’s easy to say that when your main rival never wins anything and he’ll most likely never be confronted with that situation. Also said he’d feel different if the roles were reversed and we had a chance to win the league.
Ban?

Cannot believe some Spurs fans will be hoping we lose to City tomorrow night.

Because it's still not a given that the Gooners would go on to win the League.

Imagine how we'd feel if, having caved in to City without too much of a fight, Arsenal were to go and bottle it once again on Sunday? City could still take the title with a win against the Spammers at the Etihad.

Just how S P U R S Y would we look then? Even more so if Villa were to lose to in-form Palace at Selhurst Park whilst we romped to three comfortable points against Sheffield United.

Okay, probably too many ifs, but remember what a certain Jimmy Greaves famously once said?

It's a funny old game!

You cant speak in absolutes like this I'm afraid, If you are one that wants to take the 'moral high ground' in wanting Spurs to win regardless of how it impacts a rival then fair enough and there will be others with you on this. But I know a hell of a lot more who are happy to see Spurs lose if it means the Goons not winning the league and I'm certainly one of them. I'd suggest myself and others with this trail of thought are still football fans nonetheless....

I like most get some satisfaction out of a rivals failures but none out of ours, accepting a defeat on the basis it hurts a rival is a classic case of "cutting off your nose to spite your face" and makes us no better than all those other clubs that are always being moaned about for dropping their trousers to our rivals.

I like most get some satisfaction out of a rivals failures but none out of ours, accepting a defeat on the basis it hurts a rival is a classic case of "cutting off your nose to spite your face" and makes us no better than all those other clubs that are always being moaned about for dropping their trousers to our rivals.
That's fine and you're entitled to your opinion on it. The point is plenty of Spurs fans are happy to lose when the chances of 4th are minor and don't want to see the Goons win the league at any costs, and whether you agree or disagree with it that doesn't make them not Spurs fans....

That's fine and you're entitled to your opinion on it. The point is plenty of Spurs fans are happy to lose when the chances of 4th are minor and don't want to see the Goons win the league at any costs, and whether you agree or disagree with it that doesn't make them not Spurs fans....
No but they are an embarrassment the media are exploiting for all it's worth.

SSN are having a field day. Notice they didn't ask how many Arse fans would be getting behind Totteham.

As if they needed any further excuse to brick on us.

No but they are an embarrassment the media are exploiting for all it's worth.

SSN are having a field day. Notice they didn't ask how many Arse fans would be getting behind Totteham.

As if they needed any further excuse to brick on us.

They don’t have to ask Arsenal fans because it’s an easy decision for them. They have to support us for one game and the trade off for them is it could help them win the league for the first time in 20 years. What’s the upside for us? We go into Sunday’s game with a chance of top 4? It’s not even in our hands. We can’t secure top 4 if we win tonight. If tonight was a cup final and we won a trophy then I’d absolutely want to win regardless of the collateral of Arsenal winning the league.

I don’t think anyone is arguing we’re better than other teams fans. That’s just what rivalries are about.

Back