• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Burnley OMT***

I think if Richarlison had stayed fit, we'd have seen Sonny hitting 25 and Richy 20. Liverpool have great options, the goons about the same as ours IMO. I think Richy is better than Jesus, I think Sonny is absolutely as good as Saka (the latter has been in good form in one position, the former flogged and playing at least two positions this season). I do think we need an elite CF option, but personally I think it should be keeping Richy if we can, not replacing...

Richy and Jesus are at a similar level IMO, neither are world class. Arsenal fans rave about Jesus just as Liverpool fans always raved about Firmino, they’re both wrong :)

I’ve made my feelings clear about Werner. Ok as an option just not a marquee signing.

Johnson has done ok, not sure he will be the level we need but jury is still out for me.

Its the one area of the team along with a top DM we desperately need.

Richy and Jesus are at a similar level IMO, neither are world class. Arsenal fans rave about Jesus just as Liverpool fans always raved about Firmino, they’re both wrong :)

I’ve made my feelings clear about Werner. Ok as an option just not a marquee signing.

Johnson has done ok, not sure he will be the level we need but jury is still out for me.

It’s the one area of the team along with a top DM we desperately need.
I assume you mean CF and a DM
We create loads
Water even creates loads
But our conversion need to be better
But the biggest issue is none of the forwards other than Richy occupy the opposition
It’s why Scarlett did a job today.. he made the CBs think

I think if Richarlison had stayed fit, we'd have seen Sonny hitting 25 and Richy 20. Liverpool have great options, the goons about the same as ours IMO. I think Richy is better than Jesus, I think Sonny is absolutely as good as Saka (the latter has been in good form in one position, the former flogged and playing at least two positions this season). I do think we need an elite CF option, but personally I think it should be keeping Richy if we can, not replacing...
Liverpool have a world class player in Salah
A top finisher in Jota (seems to be injured loads) and the rest are not great. They are sexy names but miss way too many chances

I assume you mean CF and a DM
We create loads
Water even creates loads
But our conversion need to be better
But the biggest issue is none of the forwards other than Richy occupy the opposition
It’s why Scarlett did a job today.. he made the CBs think

I don’t think Werner is good enough if he’s the only signing we will make in that position.

Johnson is ok but again I think we could do better from what I’ve seen so far but happy to give him more time.

I don’t think Werner is good enough if he’s the only signing we will make in that position.

Johnson is ok but again I think we could do better from what I’ve seen so far but happy to give him more time.
Werner, statistically is good enough
The issue as I said loads was we had no one in the box
We were shoehorning son into a role he couldn’t do
We never actually got to see Werner play with an actual CF which is a shame
I don’t think we will sign him but I’d be fine if we did. He gets how we play and he does the hard thing which a beat his man and hit the area. I can’t fathom why his finishing is so bad but then … you have Jesus, Nunez, Diaz, played who finish as poorly

I don’t think we will sign him but I’d be fine if we did. He gets how we play and he does the hard thing which a beat his man and hit the area. I can’t fathom why his finishing is so bad but then … you have Jesus, Nunez, Diaz, played who finish as poorly

Have to disagree about Werner.

Plenty don’t rate him
Even when the stats show it
Like I say, the guy never got the chance to play with a striker which is a shame. You can have the best winger in the world but unless someone gets on the end of it… their hard work is fruitless

Small sample size of games. I think we can and should try and sign better. He’s not the kind of signing that is going kick us on. All IMO.

What do the stats show? 2 goals and 3 assists in 827 mins? Which equals around 6-7 goals and 9-10 assists over a season of 30 full starts? Not bad, but not great.

Its the one area of the team along with a top DM we desperately need.
Agree. Johnson has the tools, but he needs to be braver, and attack the goal more. As it is, he isn't a goal threat, other getting on the end of crosses.
With the ball, he's not really a goal threat. He rarely attacks the goal with the ball,he wants to go to the byline and cross it. Maybe that's what he's told to do, but he needs to be more of a threat on his own! I think he has it in him.

Agree. Johnson has the tools, but he needs to be braver, and attack the goal more. As it is, he isn't a goal threat, other getting on the end of crosses.
With the ball, he's not really a goal threat. He rarely attacks the goal with the ball,he wants to go to the byline and cross it. Maybe that's what he's told to do, but he needs to be more of a threat on his own! I think he has it in him.
Johnson is negative on his Xg by a big sum… 6 less roughly
That’s a massive opportunity for him to improve on

I mentioned earlier that Lennon at 17 was far more dangerous in my opinion. Johnson reminds me of Wayne Routledge. He needs to improve in quite a few ways. Perhaps Bale can have a word with him because I am seriously not seeing anything standout about him apart from pace. Perhaps it is first season for him and he will show us his abilities second season.

I mentioned earlier that Lennon at 17 was far more dangerous in my opinion. Johnson reminds me of Wayne Routledge. He needs to improve in quite a few ways. Perhaps Bale can have a word with him because I am seriously not seeing anything standout about him apart from pace. Perhaps it is first season for him and he will show us his abilities second season.

Lennon looked dangerous because of his speed - he never once had a season as productive as Johnson has had.

Lennon looked dangerous because of his speed - he never once had a season as productive as Johnson has had.
Lennon finished second in Young Player of the season to Rooney and CR7 over his first 2 consecutive seasons for Spurs. Lennon also had solid ball skills. Johnson is older and I would pick 17 yr old Lennon over him based on what my eyes tell me.

Decent performance. Can clearly see what's missing with several starters out and limited options, but can also see what we're capable of even in those circumstances.

Good to get a win again. Good to come back from going behind.

Bring on City whatever happens.

Back