• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Burnley OMT***

2nd half I thought we played pretty decent
Maddison had a better game too, VDV/Romero/Porro were very good
Sonny when on the left looked excellent, especially with VDV behind him too

Only Nunez at Liverpool has worse Xg stats.
To be honest, this doesn't concern me for a player who is 22 years old. The fact he is consistently getting in the right positions is a big thing, and wingers tend to become more productive with their finishing over time. I'd wager that his goals and assists numbers increase a fair bit next year and go on an upper trajectory from here. I think he has all the attributes to go to the very top....

Decent performance. Can clearly see what's missing with several starters out and limited options, but can also see what we're capable of even in those circumstances.

Good to get a win again. Good to come back from going behind.

Bring on City whatever happens.
Indeed.

In an ideal world the Goons lose today and we beat Emirates Marketing Project on Tuesday. That way Emirates Marketing Project can win the title at home in front of their own fans.

To be honest, this doesn't concern me for a player who is 22 years old. The fact he is consistently getting in the right positions is a big thing, and wingers tend to become more productive with their finishing over time. I'd wager that his goals and assists numbers increase a fair bit next year and go on an upper trajectory from here. I think he has all the attributes to go to the very top....
His combined numbers are good

2nd half I thought we played pretty decent
Maddison had a better game too, VDV/Romero/Porro were very good
Sonny when on the left looked excellent, especially with VDV behind him too
The 1 on 1 Maddison created for himself was more like the player we know
But his finishing of it was crap

Lennon finished second in Young Player of the season to Rooney and CR7 over his first 2 consecutive seasons for Spurs. Lennon also had solid ball skills. Johnson is older and I would pick 17 yr old Lennon over him based on what my eyes tell me.

You're entitled to your opinion, young pacy wingers who dribble with the ball are exciting to watch, Lennon being no exception, but objectively speaking Johnson this season is more productive as an attacking player than Lennon ever was in his career and has room to improve beyond where he is now.

Yeah, agree. Reminds me a bit of early Bale at times.

One of my best mates who is an Arsenal fan just asked me if I will be rooting for Spurs to lose against Emirates Marketing Project and he said he couldn’t imagine a scenario where he wanted Arsenal to lose. I said it’s easy to say that when your main rival never wins anything and he’ll most likely never be confronted with that situation. Also said he’d feel different if the roles were reversed and we had a chance to win the league.

I remember when the general consensus of arsenal fans was that United were their main rival and they didn’t think about us.

One of my best mates who is an Arsenal fan just asked me if I will be rooting for Spurs to lose against Emirates Marketing Project and he said he couldn’t imagine a scenario where he wanted Arsenal to lose. I said it’s easy to say that when your main rival never wins anything and he’ll most likely never be confronted with that situation. Also said he’d feel different if the roles were reversed and we had a chance to win the league.

No football fan want to see his team lose no matter what the result means to an other team.

I want the arse to guarantee 2nd, still worried City could get a points deduction letting the scum back in.

No football fan want to see his team lose no matter what the result means to an other team.
You cant speak in absolutes like this I'm afraid, If you are one that wants to take the 'moral high ground' in wanting Spurs to win regardless of how it impacts a rival then fair enough and there will be others with you on this. But I know a hell of a lot more who are happy to see Spurs lose if it means the Goons not winning the league and I'm certainly one of them. I'd suggest myself and others with this trail of thought are still football fans nonetheless....

Back