• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Burnley *** FA Cup OMT ***

No surprise really, that's what you get for moving it to a Monday night!

Hats off to those travelling up from the South, not so bad for us Northerners, although beware the M6 J17-19 is usually a nightmare and then J21-24

You're right!

*Looks for hat
*Puts on hat
*Takes off hat

Good luck those going tonight. Hope the lads put on a real show for you. Someone in the Carroll thread was talking about the then not televised game where Carroll made an impression in a cup game against Stoke a couple of years ago. A bit of luck and those going tonight might have similar stories about Onomah in not too long.

From what i understand. Burnley & Sprus both didn't want to play on Saturday due to having played on Thursday. So they wanted to play Sunday but couldn't due to stewarding & police, well the line that was given. Therefore we ended up playing tonight.

I understand not playing saturday - would have been silly to... but dont understand why the police wouldnt want it played on a sunday... interesting... bu tthanks.

I wouldnt play the 3 pricks Ade, Kaboul & Capoue and I don't think Poch will either

What is it that these three have done to be bombed out completely? Gone from starters to not even making the bench, and not seen anything in the paper/online - are they out of favour or something else has happened?

Didnt realise Wiziwig was shut down - that was my go to service - ****...

Anything else like it out there? Much appreciated.

I found a few alternatives for yesterdays games but they only seem to have poor flash streams. Obviously looks like tonights game isnt on but looking ahead for the rest of the season, hopefully will find one.

I heard that the game isn't being broadcast on any foreign channels tonight so no way of watching it unless you have a ticket.

I understand not playing saturday - would have been silly to... but dont understand why the police wouldnt want it played on a sunday... interesting... bu tthanks.
Pochettino complained recently that it would be better to play the match after a thursday night Europa League tie on a monday rather than a Sunday to help recovery time for the players. If you add the fact that Tottenham have come through a period of 5 matches in 16 days between 17th December to 1st January, including matches against Man Utd and Chel53a and a cup quarter-final, and that the next game is not until late on Saturday afternoon and, though away, is in London, then from a team rather than a fan's perspective, I'd suggest it's a no-brainer. I suspect that the Police are a red herring and that both Tottenham and Burnley prefer to play tonight.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Premier-League-help-English-teams-Europe.html

Last edited:
I heard that the game isn't being broadcast on any foreign channels tonight so no way of watching it unless you have a ticket.

ISTR having the same problem last year with the FA Cup, maybe BBC are providing most cameras and aren't up for syndicating.

I did find a site saying it's on via Australia, but you have to download stuff and basically I don't trust it. Same wording crept up on a dot com.

Resigning myself to radio or BBC highlights, which will feature only 2 matches so must show us - even though MoTDextra managed to only feature Man U match the other Sunday.

Israel TV are showing the AFC Wimbledon v Liverpool game live tonight but they will cut to Turf Moor to show any live highlights as and when they happen.

Yep, I get almost every game from here in US (even ones not usually broadcast), but this one isn't on any of the channels

This is complete **** first match in ages not being able to watch anywhere. As Raziel said here in US we usually get every match on one station or another (even league cup ones albeit on delay sometimes) but this one is nowhere I have scoured the interweb and my tv schedule ugh

Reminds me of the Stoke cup match a few years ago that went to pens thread of the century as most of us had no idea what was going on in the match and resorted to rick rolling one another

Tricky game to night. And im not feeling very hopeful. Burnley have played well their last three games. Just losing to us, winning at home and then two creditable draws where they came back. So if we put out a weakended side i cant see it going well. I always want a strong run in the FA Cup. So im hoping Poch with put out a near first team for this.

Team im hoping for:

--------------------Lloris----------------------
Walker----Fazio-----------Verts------Davies

-------------Dembele--Stambouli------------

--Townsend-------Eriksen--------Chadli-----

-------------------Kane-----------------------

Rose gets a rest. Benteleb and Mason are both out i believe. Lamela is injured and I dont fancy him for this game anyway. Would have played Lennon but it seems he is out of favor? And dont want Soldado in the team.

Its strange that and all Premiership tie is not being show. Why the Hell is it on Monday then?

Tricky game to night. And im not feeling very hopeful. Burnley have played well their last three games. Just losing to us, winning at home and then two creditable draws where they came back. So if we put out a weakended side i cant see it going well. I always want a strong run in the FA Cup. So im hoping Poch with put out a near first team for this.

Team im hoping for:

--------------------Lloris----------------------
Walker----Fazio-----------Verts------Davies

-------------Dembele--Stambouli------------

--Townsend-------Eriksen--------Chadli-----

-------------------Kane-----------------------

Rose gets a rest. Benteleb and Mason are both out i believe. Lamela is injured and I dont fancy him for this game anyway. Would have played Lennon but it seems he is out of favor? And dont want Soldado in the team.

I know Kane should probably be rested but selfish part of me wants him to play and just see him tear Burnley a new one then again I have no way of watching the match so if he is to miss one I would prefer it be this one.

In general I feel if Kane isn't on the team sheet these days it is a huge let down for our players and our fans just how important he is to us atm

This highly likely situation where I won't be able to see us play live tonight is messing up my evening. I had even planned a nap right about now. It really isn't fair.

Isn't it amazing how behind the media have been with content online? Music industry - late to the party, took Apple to show the way. Films, again, traditional providers shown the way by likes of Netflicks. Now the FA or whoever, could be charging pay per view, or offering boards like this, or clubs, group memberships to view such games. One day...

A few sites list it as being broadcast by a Chinese channel QQ Sports but I can't find a direct link. Seems strange that a Chinese channel would be the only ones showing an English cup tie though.

Isn't it amazing how behind the media have been with content online? Music industry - late to the party, took Apple to show the way. Films, again, traditional providers shown the way by likes of Netflicks. Now the FA or whoever, could be charging pay per view, or offering boards like this, or clubs, group memberships to view such games. One day...

Apple is way behind now (buying music is madness .. subscription answer), but yes, "local rights" is stupidity.

Competitions need to offer online subscriptions to high quality feeds on a subscription/one off basis, global revenue would go way up, pirate feeds way down.

Back