• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs ASTON VILLA - OMT

Dar Crom, I do believe that 'king Dawson could be onto something with that lineup (strokes chin enigmatically).

Glenroy and DHSF.

That's a classic exchange you two have got going on.

Not siding with one or the other. Just want to say I've got some lovely Chilean Malbec in touch with my nostrils - where it don't belong - after reading that exchange.

Just hope Villa get into serious relegation trouble this year. I've got a couple of Villa-supporting plonkers on my turf I'd love to lip off at.

Harry - All to play for

Redknapp ready for run-in

Last Updated: May 3, 2012 7:02am

After a sticky spell in recent weeks, Spurs know that victory in their final two games will give them fourth place in the league.

Tottenham registered their first win of 2012 with a 4-1 win over Bolton, which was also their first ever success at the Reebok.

"We have got good quality in the team and we have had a great season, we just had the little spell but it is all to play for, two tough games left - Aston Villa away and Fulham at home and they are difficult games," he told Sky Sports.

"But Saudi Sportswashing Machine have gone to Chelsea and won and it is all to play for, I said we needed four wins - we have got two of them and now another really hard two more to come.

"We have a great chance, we are playing well as we have all along as I have said but we have come back strong in the last few weeks.

"We have always been full of confidence."

Redknapp was delighted with how his side played at the Reebok.

"I felt first half we played ever so well, we came in 1-0 up and should have been more, but credit to Bolton they came out second-half and were much sharper and they got the goal back and at 1-1 they started to look like they could win it from us dominating," he said.

"But we came back strong and showed tremendous ability on the break."

England

Redknapp, meanwhile, insisted he was not overly disappointed about his unexpected snub for the England manager's position.

"I didn't wake up on Monday morning and think, 'What has happened to my life, I'm not the England manager'," he said.

"It has happened. That is how I am. If it would have happened... it saved me making a decision in all honesty. I am very happy at Tottenham.

"I wish Roy Hodgson all the very best, I really do. I am fed up with hearing my name mentioned. I am history with that job.

"It's Roy's job, good luck to him, he deserves it. I just hope he makes a good job of it."

Redknapp dismissed suggestions he might have been offended not to have even received a courtesy call.

He said: "Not really, honestly. I don't feel that at all, it is done. End of story, move on. Get behind the manager, forget me.

"I am not bothered. I am lucky, I have got a great job.

"There are blokes about cleverer than me managing lower-division clubs.

"I am lucky I am managing a top-five club, one of the best clubs in the country."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/20876/7725102/Harry-All-to-play-for

wrestling-funny-picture-411x375.gif

8802.jpg

Aston Villa host Tottenham Hotspur at Villa Park on Sunday 6th May 2012 (KO 14:00) in the 37th round of 2011-12 Premier League matches.

Villa come into the game in 15th place in the table on 37 points after their 0-0 draw at West Bromwich Albion, while Spurs are in 4th place with 65 points after their 4-1 away win at Bolton Wanderers.

The match at will be the 162nd time the two teams have met.

Tottenham Hotspur first met Aston Villa on 11th April 1896 when Spurs were still in the Southern League. The friendly match played at Tottenham Marshes ended with a 3-1 win for Aston Villa.

Three more friendlies were played until the clubs met in anger for the first time in the old Third Round of the FA Cup (today's 5th Round) in March 1903 with Villa winning 3-2.

The first Football League meeting came on 20th November 1909 in the First Division after Spurs had been promoted after their first season of League football. Villa once again won 3-2.

There have been two Wembley matches played between the two clubs.

The first was in the 1971 Football League Cup Final which Spurs won 2-0 with two goals from Martin Chivers - Aston Villa were in the Third Division at the time.

The second game at Wembley came in the 1981 Charity Shield with FA Cup Winners Spurs drawing 2-2 with Football League Champions Aston Villa. Mark Falco scored both Spurs goals and Peter Withe did likewise for Villa.

There have been no Domestic Cup meetings between the two teams during the last 16 years.

The last time they met was in the 5th Round of the League Cup in January 1994 with Villa winning 2-1.

Both Aston Villa and Tottenham Hotspur were founder-members of the Premier League in 1992-93 and the two clubs, along with Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool and Manchester United are among the only seven ever-present clubs during the competition's 20 season history.

Last season, Spurs did the 'double' over Villa winning both matches 2-1 with Rafael van der Vaart scoring all of Tottenham's four goals. Villa's two goals both came from Marc Albrighton at White Hart Lane in October and Villa Park in December, after Spurs had been reduced to ten men after Jermain Defoe's red card after 27 minutes.

Spurs signed former Villa goalkeeper Brad Friedel during the summer on a free transfer. Alan Hutton made a move in the opposite direction and Jermaine Jenas joined Villa on a season's loan.

The reverse fixture at White Hart Lane earlier this season took place on Monday 21st November and resulted in a 2-0 win for Tottenham. Two first half goals from Emmanuel Adebayor after 14 and 40 minutes were enough to see Spurs take all three points in a game marked by Harry Redknapp's return after undergoing minor heart surgery.

Sunday's game at Villa Park will be the 162nd match played between the two clubs and Spurs have the edge with 64 wins to Villa's 59 with 38 matches having been drawn.

Darren Bent
Gundi Bergsson (Villa trialist)
Danny Blanchflower
Mark Burke (Spurs trialist)
Colin Calderwood
Jimmy Cantrell
Billy Cook
Peter Crouch
Ronnie Dix
Brad Friedel
David Ginola
George Graham (Villa player, Spurs manager)
Andy Gray
James Gray
Steve Hodge
Alan Hutton
Bob Iverson (Spurs junior)
Jermaine Jenas
Oyvind Leonhardsen
Ernie Phypers
Vic Potts
Wayne Routledge
Gordon Smith
Cyril Spiers
Tom Tebb
Jack Treasadern (Spurs manager, Villa scout)
Kyle Walker
Frank Wilson
Luke Young

So Agbonlahor is there current active top scorer with 5 goals (D.Bent (9) and Petrov (4) are both out) the next best is 2 goals!

Man they have really been tinkle poor this year hey!?

So Agbonlahor is there current active top scorer with 5 goals (D.Bent (9) and Petrov (4) are both out) the next best is 2 goals!

Man they have really been tinkle poor this year hey!?

Unlucky with some major injuries but yes - a shocking season overall. Bottom 5 finish considering they were pushing Top 4 couple of seasons ago is a disaster any way you look at it

Unlucky with some major injuries but yes - a shocking season overall. Bottom 5 finish considering they were pushing Top 4 couple of seasons ago is a disaster any way you look at it

And there may be lessons for ourselves in there too and maybe we should also appreciate what is being achieved at our club and enjoy the fact we are up there challenging for the third season in a row. When you look at Everton's collapse the season after they finished 4th, the fact that Saudi Sportswashing Machine actually got relegated inbetween qualifying and being back in the top flight, how far Villa collapsed after challenging and what has happened to Leeds Utd. Gives it some real perspective.

Be interesting to see whether Harry goes with parker or Sandro. hard to drop Sandro after the last two games however I reckon Harry will play Parker given that he's a Brit rather than being some johnny-foreigner. Personally I would play Sandro

Back