• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Anzhi ex-Moneybagscashcowala OMT ***

Soldado to simply start against Liverpool because we're at home. Defoe offers nothing in home games.

Soldado to simply start against Liverpool because we're at home. Defoe offers nothing in home games.

Its AVB's call.......high anticipation for the first team on sunday..... think I would go Townsend left & Soldado up front.....we shall see.

Sandro Raniere ‏@sandroraniere 23s
congratulations guys... beautiful game tonight... soldadooo oooo soldadoo oooo...

Am I crazy in thinking that both our open play goals today came from "inverted wingers" cutting inside from a wide position and finding the right pass and that the penalty was won by a full back after getting a pass from one of those inverted wingers?

That was what I saw, but reading the previous page it seems I might have nodded off at some point...

Am I crazy in thinking that both our open play goals today came from "inverted wingers" cutting inside from a wide position and finding the right pass and that the penalty was won by a full back after getting a pass from one of those inverted wingers?

That was what I saw, but reading the previous page it seems I might have nodded off at some point...

I'm still not sure I'd classify Lamela as an inverted winger. Because he isn't a winger.

Townsend is a left winger who has simply been shafted on the right because he has a semi decent left foot and he's quick. So yes, one of our 4 goals was set up by an inverted winger.

Today shows the importance of having lots of ball players in the team . If injury dictates it, we should always look to strive to have at least 2 out of Lamela, Holtby or Eriksen in that midfield 3. Arsenal only play with one DM, we should do the same.
Also it shows the importance of having 1 ball player deep. I really hope we don't have Paulinho, Sandro and Moussa all int he 3 on sunday!

I'm still not sure I'd classify Lamela as an inverted winger. Because he isn't a winger.

Townsend is a left winger who has simply been shafted on the right because he has a semi decent left foot and he's quick. So yes, one of our 4 goals was set up by an inverted winger.

Why I used the quotation marks, I'm not that fond of the term myself, but the way it seems to be used these days is for any player playing wide on the side that lets him cut inside onto his strongest foot so...

Why I used the quotation marks, I'm not that fond of the term myself, but the way it seems to be used these days is for any player playing wide on the side that lets him cut inside onto his strongest foot so...

yeah, the term really seems to be taken out of context a lot!

Jurgis Klinby.

BbUWnh1IEAA0gC_.jpg:large

There was a massive difference in Townsend (and ultimately how we played) when he was on the left as opposed to the right. You say its just someone cutting inside but that second or two of him shifting the ball to his left foot is a) predictable b) allows the oppositions defence to set themselves c) Townsend will invariably shoot and d) our start 28m striker gets hounded out and chances arent created.

Townsend was excellent in first half but second half he was infuriating.

Today shows the importance of having lots of ball players in the team . If injury dictates it, we should always look to strive to have at least 2 out of Lamela, Holtby or Eriksen in that midfield 3. Arsenal only play with one DM, we should do the same.
Also it shows the importance of having 1 ball player deep. I really hope we don't have Paulinho, Sandro and Moussa all int he 3 on sunday!

I'd almost forgotten how good it was to see a Spurs team full of ball players rather than just beasts but can't see AVB risking a line-up like this in the Premier League!

@ReviewFootball: The line-up Spurs finished the game with vs Anzhi was so attacking (look at who the CM's are!)..(via @Squawka )
BbUVRPAIMAAQftW.jpg

There was a massive difference in Townsend (and ultimately how we played) when he was on the left as opposed to the right. You say its just someone cutting inside but that second or two of him shifting the ball to his left foot is a) predictable b) allows the oppositions defence to set themselves c) Townsend will invariably shoot and d) our start 28m striker gets hounded out and chances arent created.

Townsend was excellent in first half but second half he was infuriating.

I was just pointing out some facts from the game. Seems like a strange time to be complaining about the system that helped us get goals I thought. Seems a very strange time to categorically state that Townsend will "invariably shoot" considering one of those assists I mentioned too...

Do you agree that Lamela is better on the right? I agree that Townsend looks better on the left for now at least, but I can understand why AVB is using him in both positions.

I was just pointing out some facts from the game. Seems like a strange time to be complaining about the system that helped us get goals I thought. Seems a very strange time to categorically state that Townsend will "invariably shoot" considering one of those assists I mentioned too...

Do you agree that Lamela is better on the right? I agree that Townsend looks better on the left for now at least, but I can understand why AVB is using him in both positions.

In regards to Lamela - I think he looks lost everywhere. Granted he has shown glimpses of what he can do but theyre trailers rather than the movie... when will the movie come out? Perhaps next season.

For Soldado - its best if Townsend is on left and Lennon on right, Soldado will score a lot more goals that way. Its not just based on todays game (Like I say I think Anzhi were so so so so so bad, I mean no words descrie how poor they were) but more, what his strengths are and how to best bring them out.

I thought AT was great both halves.

I actually think his attitude work rate belief were all fantastic and he got a great assist in the second half. But he can be so much better, I hope Andre talks to him and coaches him to get his head up and use his teammates more. His pace and power are fantastic though and always a threat, but it actually he was almost poor in the second half in a weird way despite being our outstanding player. I know it don't make sense but hopefully you'll know what I mean

Back