• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton Wanderers****OMT

Really… you watch that and that’s what you see

Granted he scored the odd goal centrally, but most of the moves he's cutting in from the right wing. Arriving late into the box. Or teeing someone up from the right side. I know he's played left, right, through the middle. I just don't see quite enough for him to start in attack at the moment. He didn't hack it at Juve in that position. Whereas I think he could arrive late, drift in from the right-wing, and use his technical ability from the less pressured position at wingback. But who knows. He has ability, he's young, and needs time. My concern is he won't get enough time and patience playing upfront for us. Better playing deeper to start with.

From what i saw a couple of times he looked like he could play on the turn, which in that no.10 position with Son and Kane in front of him could work well, as a start anyway
Certainly how I see it
You play in the right shape with players who can keep the ball

Granted he scored the odd goal centrally, but most of the moves he's cutting in from the right wing. Arriving late into the box. Or teeing someone up from the right side. I know he's played left, right, through the middle. I just don't see quite enough for him to start in attack at the moment. He didn't hack it at Juve in that position. Whereas I think he could arrive late, drift in from the right-wing, and use his technical ability from the less pressured position at wingback. But who knows. He has ability, he's young, and needs time. My concern is he won't get enough time and patience playing upfront for us. Better playing deeper to start with.
He would be deeper and central
He can play with both feet two which we haven’t seen much of

Don't forget that he's coming back from an injury (even though his form was way below best before then), and seems like he's slower and taking extra touches.
Few times today he was in good positions and made a poor choice . Like it was more confidence issue. We badly need him to come good .

We need our best players on the pitch
That has to be players who can keep the ball, control the ball and want the ball
That’s the bravery bit we know has been missing

I agree. That is partly why I want Kulu at wingback. It's a position we need more from. Someone who can attack. Royal suits CB, but will frustrate at wingback. Doherty is decent wingack cover/rotation.

I agree. That is partly why I want Kulu at wingback. It's a position we need more from. Someone who can attack. Royal suits CB, but will frustrate at wingback. Doherty is decent wingack cover/rotation.
Royal I think can play RCB
Romero I know can play RCB
Doherty can play RWB… it where he played when we signed him and he was very very effective (did it against us several times)

I am by nature an optimist, season after season following our club is draining my glass from half full to half empty.

I'm actually not! Haha. The world is going to hell, and I'm constantly afraid about what's around the next corner in life - but Tottenham I don't worry about. We'll come good.

Royal I think can play RCB
Romero I know can play RCB
Doherty can play RWB… it where he played when we signed him and he was very very effective (did it against us several times)

Doherty can play at wingback, but he's never going to be a flair player. Kulu offers more attacking spark no? He's certainly better technically and has age on his side. The big question is whether Kulu can be disciplined to defend too. I think he can.

I’m not just pinning blame on Conte because, you’re right, 4 people with far more knowledge than me have struggled with these lads. But I’m judging what’s happened in front of me. Southampton and Wolves deserved their wins. Not just because of individual mistakes and individual poor performances. They were set up better than us. Some of that responsibility is with the manager. I have faith in him but he can’t just be excused for Wednesday and today because Poch, Jose and Nuno also struggled. The performances have not been anywhere near good enough.

Couldn't agree more and I'd like to add that not knowing everything about managing a football club should not prevent us from sharing our opinions and trying to figure out as much as we can. It's what message boards are all about.

It's just that, more often than not, after a poor result, you'll read something along the lines of 'this one is on [insert current manager name] because he made the wrong change, chose the wrong tactic, etc.' What I'm reading now, I read about Mourinho not so long ago. Neither him nor Conte are blameless but at the end of the day, their record at Spurs (Mourinho's at least - Conte's hopefully far from over) are noticeable below par for them. So my guess is, if there's something wrong, you can't pin it down to one poor decision or an inability to prepare for a game. He did that very well at Chelsea, there's no reason why he couldn't do it here.

Last edited:
Doherty can play at wingback, but he's never going to be a flair player. Kulu offers more attacking spark no? He's certainly better technically and has age on his side. The big question is whether Kulu can be disciplined to defend too. I think he can.
A wing back is not a winger though
He is a defender who attacks
Kulu doenst have pace and isn’t known for crossing
Playing central he can play his slide rule passes

A wing back is not a winger though
He is a defender who attacks
Kulu doenst have pace and isn’t known for crossing
Playing central he can play his slide rule passes

Well he missed a bit of a sitter in the center of the box today.

And personally, I'd like to see more technical quality down the wing. It is where we are often lacking. Who would you play there?

Just watching that Lloris / Davies masterpiece for the 2nd goal, they obviously take 99% of the blame, however Son offered no outball at all, just strolling across the pitch, surely he could see an issue developing?

The defensive side would be no problem. Other than that I see no attributes for him to be a WB. He’s more suited to playing the inverted role and drifting inside and combining with short link ups/through balls.

Just watching that Lloris / Davies masterpiece for the 2nd goal, they obviously take 99% of the blame, however Son offered no outball at all, just strolling across the pitch, surely he could see an issue developing?

I just saw it. The bit that got me was Davies not thinking he could pass to Sessegnon and then offer for a return. If he doesn’t think he can pass to Sess there who’d found a few yards of space then neither of them should be on the pitch.

And personally, I'd like to see more technical quality down the wing. It is where we are often lacking. Who would you play there?
Nobody. I wouldn’t play a system that I didn’t have the players for.

Doherty
It’s where he played for 5 seasons before we brought him
And if you have Romero playing RCB he will bomb on too
Doherty thrived cutting in and getting on the end of balls across the box from his lwb… he can do that here to support attack

Back