• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton Wanderers****OMT

Three needed to go, not convinced it was those three.
We keep saying players need to leave, they leave and nothing changes, in fact we've got worse.
thats what I was alluding to...have we made a step backwards..I,m not going to moan anymore on this thread..rant over till next time..

say what you like about Jose, he never takes a job expecting or wanting to fail

he took the Spurs job with the intention of sticking two fingers up to Chelsea and United so he could give "special one" speeches again

the mentality of the players would have been a massive surprise, seemingly Conte has fallen into the same trap too

we have quite a few players who are ‘new’ or not settled yet. Obviously Bentancur and Kulu have been in the country a fortnight. Romero is a few games back. Doherty hadn’t played 3 games in a row for a year. Royal is in his first season in the English football.

I really think we’d progress if Conte plays Kulu at right wing back and Sessengon on the left. Both need to play and not be too pressured. Playing wingback for a couple of years would take the pressure off. Royal is a good player and could be awesome in a 3. A step up from Davies.
Kulu needs to play CM aim my opinion in the attacking role
We need to give sessegnon some games
And Doherty came in today and had to change form wing back to right back again
I do agree players need time to settle, that’s a fair call
But conte also needs to learn that unless he has his perfect team he has to play a slightly different way

we have quite a few players who are ‘new’ or not settled yet. Obviously Bentancur and Kulu have been in the country a fortnight. Romero is a few games back. Doherty hadn’t played 3 games in a row for a year. Royal is in his first season in the English football.

I really think we’d progress if Conte plays Kulu at right wing back and Sessengon on the left. Both need to play and not be too pressured. Playing wingback for a couple of years would take the pressure off. Royal is a good player and could be awesome in a 3. A step up from Davies.

you need pace to play WB in the PL, a lot more pace than he's shown so far

When Mourinho did it plenty said it was the wrong approach.

I can imagine the meltdown on here if he’d taken Sess off before half an hour had been played.

Nothing wrong with making tactical changes early in games when required - i think Mourinho done so for us without incurring meltdown previously, a strange comment there.

Questions will arise as to why they are needed early in the first place though (wrong set up/ill prepared?) and whether the changes had the desired impact - 2 in the middle against 3 has repeatedly lost us the middle of the pitch under Conte, then with a poor-on-the-ball defence you are going to invite/cause problems - it happened on Wednesday and it happened again today, he needs to learn his lessons if we are to get anything from this season.

Nothing wrong with making tactical changes early in games when required - i think Mourinho done so for us without incurring meltdown previously, a strange comment there.

Questions will arise as to why they are needed early in the first place though (wrong set up/ill prepared?) and whether the changes had the desired impact.
And that was the crux of it
Conte set us up wrong
He didn’t didn’t adapt quick enough Wednesday
Today he changed it but got it wrong again IMO
He literally sacrificed width to keep Lucas in to me… and in doing so hit sessegnon confidence potentially

you need pace to play WB in the PL, a lot more pace than he's shown so far

Not necessarily. He can use his skills to good effect. Especially with Moura making runs into space down the right wing as Kulu cuts in. Most were banging on about technical ability over pace when Traore was discussed - well here you have a young player with technique. His lack of pace is more suited to playing deeper imo. As he's never going to go around a defender out wide.

Kulu needs to play CM aim my opinion in the attacking role
We need to give sessegnon some games
And Doherty came in today and had to change form wing back to right back again
I do agree players need time to settle, that’s a fair call
But conte also needs to learn that unless he has his perfect team he has to play a slightly different way

Kulu has some neat tricks and technique coming in off the wing. But right now, he's not got enough to start in the attacking 3. Which is why playing at wingback would be ideal. Provided he can defend well, then he can add heaps more to attacks than Royal, and ease his way in. Hopefully get some goals and assist - which he's more than capable of. You can see he has ability but needs to settle and find confidence.

Kulu has some neat tricks and technique coming in off the wing. But right now, he's not got enough to start in the attacking 3. Which is why playing at wingback would be ideal. Provided he can defend well, then he can add heaps more to attacks than Royal, and ease his way in. Hopefully get some goals and assist - which he's more than capable of. You can see he has ability but needs to settle and find confidence.
We should bin the 3 asap
We’re too predictable and leave the team exposed
Hence why having Kulu central could work

We should bin the 3 asap
We’re too predictable and leave the team exposed
Hence why having Kulu central could work

We've definitely been too open in midfield. Much of the defensive errors, and really a lack of pressure in midfield and it being overloaded. But plenty of teams make 3 at the back work. I think it is more to do with having a consistent stable side who know what they are doing. The back 5 is in flux right now we don't have a steady confident backline. That is the biggest issue. They need to be settled, know when to step up into midfield. That just comes with experience and being used to a system and the players around you.

My opinion, we need to move to 352, we get over run in the middle. Which is costing us, the defence can’t handle, the amount of attacks we give away. With Skipp out it as shown the lack of defence in that area.

plus on a side note, Winks, Doherty and Sanchez. Need to be put out to pasture, with a few other squad players going. Hopefully the summer, we can get who we need.

We've definitely been too open in midfield. Much of the defensive errors, and really a lack of pressure in midfield and it being overloaded. But plenty of teams make 3 at the back work. I think it is more to do with having a consistent stable side who know what they are doing. The back 5 is in flux right now we don't have a steady confident backline. That is the biggest issue. They need to be settled, know when to step up into midfield. That just comes with experience and being used to a system and the players around you.

I think @Bedfordspurs is referring to the front 3 rather than the back 3?

I’m fine with 3 at the back
It’s the lack of numbers in midfield vs the inability of the attack to keep the ball
You sacrifice Moura who’d didn’t score to create really for an extra body in midfield and press from the front

I heard a guy who sits near me say we should play Moura because of ajax… and then moan that we don’t leave lane on the bench so he is undroppable… I was like WTF!!!!

Conte is inadvertently making the same mistake Mourinho did by letting the opposition have possession/control too high up the pitch - Bentancur is a step in the right direction and maybe alongside Skipp, whose absence seems to have coincided with our downturn in form, thry could mske a midfield 2 work but atm it seems we need numbers in there to compensate for quality.

Would Kulusevski work in a deeper no.10 position?
Bentancur Skipp
Kulusevski
Kane Son​

I think @Bedfordspurs is referring to the front 3 rather than the back 3?

The 3 attackers is quite a subtle distinction anyway. You can ask Moura and Son to be a little deeper for example. Then you have more in midfield. In other words I don't think it is about whether its 523 or 343 or 352, it is about getting the team settled, familiar and condifent.

Back