• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur v Stoke City

To say they are pessimistic regarding their prospects doesn't really sell it. Starting with the title of the thread!

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/278216/stoke-city-tottenham-hotspur
This was quite amusing
A few good omens.
We've lost 3 on the bounce.
Spurs won 6 on the trot.
Stoke won 6 all season.
6 goals in 10 games.
They've scored same amount in 2 games.
We've lost 4 on the trot to Spurs.
Aggregate score being 1-17.
We don't create chances.
They do all the time.
We are second bottom with no win in 5.
They are 4th and unbeaten in 13.
Kane will be back.
We've got Berahino who hasn't scored for 57764467 mins.
We are a poor team.
They are very good.

So a 9-0 win it is then.

Loris
Alder verts
Tripper Rose
Dier Wanyama
Lamela Eriksen
Alli
Kane

And I know that is unexpected, but I want this one ( except dembele for wanyama for United match) and they have to be fit so give Rose,Toby and wanyama a run of games.

Alderweireld not in the matchday squad apparently

This was quite amusing

You know, it is things like this that will always make following football so unique and enjoyable.
The self deprecation of fans, the ability to laugh at yourself, the natural instinct to seek out the far-stretched positives whilst simultaneously walllowimg in the “we are doomed” negatives - it’s what we all do. It’s riduculous but I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Good chance to put some pressure on the others, Liverpool could easily drop points and likely won't play Salah and Utd will likely lose as well. Chance we'll drop points next week so need them this week.

Better not take this for granted. Stoke fighting for their lives no matter what their form and we cannot be complacent. Good news is we do enjoy playing at their ground.
Pochettino made that clear repeatedly in his press conference (the first part, not the last sentence). He seemed really determined as always, and I think that Saudi Sportswashing Machine loss is still hurting him. I wonder if he will use that in his talks with the team and individual players. Let them know that some have let him and us down in the past, it better not happen again.

It'll be interesting to see if Kane starts or not. I reckon he will. Hopefully back with a goal or two. We need to be sharp today, no time for slacking!

Better not take this for granted. Stoke fighting for their lives no matter what their form and we cannot be complacent. Good news is we do enjoy playing at their ground.

This totally. Yes, based on current form and recent form against them, it should be a straightforward win, but this new-Tottenham still dont do straightforward (most of the time). Players must not be complacement a-la Newport/Rochdale. As had proved with Stoke in the past, us scoring first is key. An early goal and they might well get a tonking, but would happily take a 1-0 or 2-1, just to get another 3pts in the bag, we really need today to be one of the 4 wins we need for CL football

Oh and yes, you how they say 'It's grim up North'

By 'eck they are right today, it's sh#tting it down up here right now

As regards the Emirates Marketing Project game next week I'm hoping that we couldn't play them at a better time...

I want them to beat united today and clinch the title.. If they then manage to come back and beat the scousers they will be on a high, but knackered mentally and physically after the games they have had, and hopefully not really up for playing us...

If they go out of the champions league after winning 2 nil and running themselves into the ground to get a third goal it should also work in our favour...

COYS

As regards the Emirates Marketing Project game next week I'm hoping that we couldn't play them at a better time...

I want them to beat united today and clinch the title.. If they then manage to come back and beat the scousers they will be on a high, but knackered mentally and physically after the games they have had, and hopefully not really up for playing us...

If they go out of the champions league after winning 2 nil and running themselves into the ground to get a third goal it should also work in our favour...

COYS

Agree entirely. Looks to me like it couldn't have panned about better.

Don't think Sky are moaning either. You could hardly have a better scenario, having to beat your bitter rivals at home to win the title. The fixture list could not have been better for TV.
Okay, we will have to give them, and Walker, a guard of honour...I can live with that. I am sure after Anfield, we will see a City reaction and a narrow win. Then like you say, whatever the result in the 2nd leg can see next Saturday night not being quite as hard as it looked a month ago

Agree entirely. Looks to me like it couldn't have panned about better.

Don't think Sky are moaning either. You could hardly have a better scenario, having to beat your bitter rivals at home to win the title. The fixture list could not have been better for TV.
Okay, we will have to give them, and Walker, a guard of honour...I can live with that. I am sure after Anfield, we will see a City reaction and a narrow win. Then like you say, whatever the result in the 2nd leg can see next Saturday night not being quite as hard as it looked a month ago

Wonder if giving them a guard of honor will fire our players up with regards to next season?

After the historic win at Chelsea, we need to make sure we continue our winning run by winning this match. We have a good record against Stoke in recent years, winning our last 4 matches against them by big margins. We have beaten Stoke 4-0 (3 times) and 5-1 in those matches. Let's hope we will continue our good record against them by winning this match.

It will be good to see Kane returning in this match. He badly needs goals to chase Salah in the race to become the top scorer in the league this season. Remember, Salah has 29 goals compared to just 24 goals by Kane so far. So, Kane needs at least 2 hattricks in our remaining 7 matches of the season to overtake Salah. Stoke is Kane's second favourite opponents as he has scored 8 goals against them in the last 4 matches. Let's hope Kane will be on fire against Stoke by continue his goal scoring run against them. Apart from Kane, we also need others like Alli, Eriksen, Son and Lamela to do their part by scoring as well. Will prefer Lamela over Son in this match as Son rarely scores in away matches. After all, Lamela has been in great form recently and it will be unfair on him if he gets dropped to the bench. Eriksen has scored 3 long range goals in his last 2 matches. So, want him to try those long range shots in this game as well.

We seem to have many options in midfield nowadays. Our first choice midfield partnership should be Dembele and Wanyama but others like Dier and Sissoko has done well recently as well. Whoever starts in this match, we need them to play their best and help us win this match. It will be nice if we can have our new signing Moura gets to play a part as he has not played much recently.

Our defence have done well in recent matches but we will need to be more alert. Sanchez plays really well for most of the time but he tends to make crucial mistakes at times. He needs to avoid these kind of mistakes in defence. Lloris was at fault for the goal we conceded at Chelsea last well. We will need him to be back at his best. We have won our last 2 matches at Stoke 4-0. So, it will be disappointing if we don't keep the clean sheet in this match.

Stoke are in relegation battle. So, they will be desperate to win and will make it hard for us. We are comfortably in top 4 places now. We need to continue our winning run if we want to aim higher and finish in top 3 this season. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to win this match and stay in the top 3 race.

Back