• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v South Coast Big Club ***

I have always seen Højbjerg as an anchor or defensive midfielder only, I don't understand why he's suddenly supposed to bring us anything out of the ordinary in attack.

That's what i think most people thought when we signed him, but it seems that he has to play alongside an anchor as his defensive positioning is terrible - trouble is as the more advanced CM he doesn't offer anywhere near enough on the ball to be starting for us

I don't care about rewarding players with performances, i care about winning games and against ten men sitting back you need someone on the pitch who can pick a pass against packed defences - that's what Ndombele does better than anyone in our squad.

He comes on as a sub at HT for Hojbjerg and we win that game

Most likely get hit on the counter with ndombele panting whilst walking around

That's what i think most people thought when we signed him, but it seems that he has to play alongside an anchor as his defensive positioning is terrible - trouble is as the more advanced CM he doesn't offer anywhere near enough on the ball to be starting for us
His passing always seems slow to me
When he is urgent he can play good passes (for between goal midweek)
Today he laid a pass to son but there was no pace on it for some to run onto

Arsenal have definitely been better, but regardless I’m not arguing we couldn’t get fourth. But people were getting over excited about a very generous run of home fixtures, to the point there was talk of catching Chelsea. We are way off that…..
Arse have improved but still lose to better sides

Not sure how the fudge they can say this is offside.

Never mind you can’t see when the ball exactly leaves Winks foot, at the time that looked on. Wtf?

We didn’t get the best of the close decisions. And we didn’t take our chances. The forwards looked a little leggy.

I have always seen Højbjerg as an anchor or defensive midfielder only, I don't understand why he's suddenly supposed to bring us anything out of the ordinary in attack.
To be fair to be Hojberg he has 2 goals and 1 assist in the league this season. That’s the same as Winks,Dele,NDombele and Skipp combined…..

He didn't do anything defensively either today. First half when they were the better team he did nothing to break up the play.
He hid for the whole time.
I think that's a bit harsh, not many covered themselves in glory today. I thought Son had a particulary poor game today, but that's compared to his average. Overall it was pretty poor all around. Sanchez probably our best in my book. Honourable mention to Davies, again compared to average.

We need another striker
Not a wing forward or a creative mid… a striker. Someone who will make the opposition think
I’ll be stunned if we don’t address that
I think we need both. A striker is absolutely necessairly, but we still need to get the ball to that striker in space. As it stands I'm sure of even Christian Ronaldo in this side would get much of the ball in good attacking positions.

A quality passing CM or WF could be the player that makes all the difference between slow stodgy passes and quicker quality passes into space.

To be fair to be Hojberg he has 2 goals and 1 assist in the league this season. That’s the same as Winks,Dele,NDombele and Skipp combined…..
He probably has 2,3 9r 4 times the amount of league minutes as them all, bar Skipp, combined

Arse have improved but still lose to better sides
That’s all I see anyone on here say, doesn’t really matter when they beat the teams they should beat which is the vast majority of the league. And they spanked us. And they actually look like scoring regularly away from home. I’m not saying we won’t be better than them, but right now they are the better team….

I think that's a bit harsh, not many covered themselves in glory today. I thought Son had a particulary poor game today, but that's compared to his average. Overall it was pretty poor all around. Sanchez probably our best in my book. Honourable mention to Davies, again compared to average.
All 3 CBS played well and were not troubled when they had 11 men apart form the very end effort (great play from Dave to cover diers error). They scored with their first shot on target despite having the ball in dangerous areas

I don't care about rewarding players with performances, i care about winning games and against ten men sitting back you need someone on the pitch who can pick a pass against packed defences - that's what Ndombele does better than anyone in our squad.

He comes on as a sub at HT for Hojbjerg and we win that game

And you judge that from what? How
Many times have we seen him do it? Ig I remember correctly he was apart of the midfield who couldn’t create anything.

Arsenal have played decimated Leeds and awful Norwich away recently. Not saying they aren’t better than us but it’s certainly up for debate. We’ll find out in the next month.

They're really not. Woolwich are a poor side if you put them under a bit of pressure. Won't be long before they prove it again.

Back