• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v South Coast Big Club ***

That's what i think most people thought when we signed him, but it seems that he has to play alongside an anchor as his defensive positioning is terrible - trouble is as the more advanced CM he doesn't offer anywhere near enough on the ball to be starting for us
At first, I thought he was t'riffic at tidying up at the back and falling in as a makeshift defender when overloaded. And he WAS good, really good I think. I was also impressed by his workrate, but to be honest we weren't exactly spoiled with that at the time. Now he's just a nothing-player, I don't really know what to make of him.

That’s all I see anyone on here say, doesn’t really matter when they beat the teams they should beat which is the vast majority of the league. And they spanked us. And they actually look like scoring regularly away from home. I’m not saying we won’t be better than them, but right now they are the better team….
Everton played them off the park in the end and should have won by more
Let’s judge them after their next two league games vs city and us

I don’t understand why people are calling for Ndombele, he has been fudging brick and lazy since we signed him, why should he be rewarded with an appearance? He would have been just as brick as everyone else.

Hindsight is wonderful thing
Horses for courses. Ndombele would have come under no pressure defensively and has the vision.
PEH and Winks against 10 men makes no sense.

Horses for courses. Ndombele would have come under no pressure defensively and has the vision.
Yet both PEH and winks created chances
Issue was when a team sit as deep as they did you either kill them wide (we had taken off our left footed outlet, rightly too) or you need a change of attack. We had no one on the bench to occupy their cbs
Add in the weak calls against us from the officials and we have seen it many many times

All 3 CBS played well and were not troubled when they had 11 men apart form the very end effort (great play from Dave to cover diers error). They scored with their first shot on target despite having the ball in dangerous areas
Yes, and that's just "one of those goals" that snakes it's way past everybody. Really well taken, and if Kane had scored it noone (on here at least) would have questioned the defense.

Yes, and that's just "one of those goals" that snakes it's way past everybody. Really well taken, and if Kane had scored it noone (on here at least) would have questioned the defense.
It was
Although if we’re being picky dele would have been on him maybe a hard quciker but the ball came off dele in the first place so he wouldn’t be the quickest to react
It was a very good goal

We could have moved Davies to wing back and bright in Tanganga or Rodon. We wasn't under any defensive pressure. That would have given us a better balance.

Or even a left footed attacker in that position.

Just seen the statzone stats (thanks @SteveAWOL). Observations :
we focussed on crosses as a threat but didn’t have the right players attacking the crosses
We barely made a foul
They scored without creating a big chance
11 shots on target should result in more than 1 goal against 10 men

A1DB1FF9-5CD1-45EA-8D3C-D9FE23DCDF84.png

Not necessarily, sometimes he is up for it but often he is not, there is a reason why several managers feel they are unable to rely on him. If there was a guarantee that we would have won with him on the pitch we would probably be starting with him every week

Come on you know I'm being flippant by implying it was a guarantee- but when you're up against 10 men you stand a better chance of breaking them down if you have players on the pitch who can play penetrative passes - Gil & Moura instead were crazy illogical subs imv

We could have moved Davies to wing back and bright in Tanganga or Rodon. We wasn't under any defensive pressure. That would have given us a better balance.

Or even a left footed attacker in that position.
I actually thought we were doing that when he took off Royal

I don't care about rewarding players with performances, i care about winning games and against ten men sitting back you need someone on the pitch who can pick a pass against packed defences - that's what Ndombele does better than anyone in our squad.

He comes on as a sub at HT for Hojbjerg and we win that game

And you judge that from what? How
Many times have we seen him do it? Ig I remember correctly he was apart of the midfield who couldn’t create anything.
Didn’t both Winks and PEH set up chances for Kane, chances where if he had timed his run perfectly would have set up 2 very good opportunities (1 of which he scored?)

Back