• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur v Sheffield Utd League cup semi Final first leg

We have been very fortunate in the League Cup so far this season as we have managed to avoid all the big PL teams until now. With us in the semi final now, hope we will make the most of this chance to progress to the Final. But we should not get complacent against Sheffield United, even if they are a League One club. We actually have a very poor record against Sheff Utd, as we have lost 5, drawn 3 and won only 2 matches in our last 10 matches against them. We even got humiliated 0-6 by them during that period. So, we need to treat them with due respect and play our best team against them.

We need to get a comfortable lead in this match to bring to the 2nd leg away. Hope all the players will turn up for this match. Afterall, most of them have not won any Cup in their career. This will be a great chance to do just that. Hope they will be up for this match. We need to make use of any chance we get to score the goals. I think Kane, Chadli and Eriksen will be our key players in this match as they have been our regular goal scorers so far this season. Hope all 3 will come with their goal scoring boot on.

Our midfield have been doing well in recent matches. So, hope we will continue with Dembele and Stambouli in the middle. They have been gelling together in recent matches. Still not convinced about Townsend but can see Pochettino starting with him. Hope he will be boosted by his assist to Eriksen against Sunderland. It will be too bad if Lennon and Lamela are still out injured. They can surely improve our attacking options. Maybe Paulinho can come on to give us extra options later in the match.

Our defence just can't seem to stop conceding goals lately. But will be annoyed if we can't stop Sheff Utd from scoring in this match. Surely, we can't afford to let Sheff Utd score in this match as it will give them the away goal advantage. Hope Lloris and Vertonghen will lead the defence to shut out Sheff Utd. Want Vertonghen to avoid any controversy for once. He seems to be involved in all kinds of attention nowadays, either with penalty or goal decisions. Hope he will be more careful when defending as we can't be conceding soft goals.

We will need an early goal to settle us down and then need to kill the game off with another goal or two. Hope we will get a comfortable win to bring to the away leg.

No Chadli, his dad passed away

We actually have a very poor record against Sheff Utd, as we have lost 5, drawn 3 and won only 2 matches in our last 10 matches against them.

Never ever will I understand a fixation with historic results. It's like comparing apples to concrete pillars.

Sheffield United are a League 1 side who were last in the Premiership in 2006/07. The only Spurs players still around from that season are Aaron Lennon who has little to no chance of playing, and Assou-Ekotto, who has no chance of playing.

Lloris
Walker - Dier - Vertonghen - Rose
Stambouli - Dembele
Townsend - Soldado - Eriksen
Kane​

didn't know who we could play left so went with a three behind Kane who are all capable of moving across the pitch, cause problems and drag defenders away. Full strength for me, use other options against Leicester.

Soldado should definitely play the no 10 role....better than Riquelme. ...like the look of that team Mumorn.

It really is quite simple tonight.....if we want to get to a final badly enough...if the players match the application and desire of our opponents then we will see the difference in class. We have to do the business tonight and make them leave the pitch thinking that the tie is lost....Its time we put a few past an opposition team and tonight would be a great place to start.

I fully respect Sheffield Utd....thats why I am saying we need to bring our A game tonight.....they have been a credit to the cup competitions over the last couple of years...but this is my club Spurs!!!! playing in finals.....potentially lifting a trophy is precisely what our talented young squad needs!

A Wembley final is there for the taking but we have to go out and earn it! COYS!

B7364r2IcAIz2X6.jpg

Holy ****. That's a lot of mediocrity.

Soldado should definitely play the no 10 role....better than Riquelme. ...like the look of that team Mumorn.

It really is quite simple tonight.....if we want to get to a final badly enough...if the players match the application and desire of our opponents then we will see the difference in class. We have to do the business tonight and make them leave the pitch thinking that the tie is lost....Its time we put a few past an opposition team and tonight would be a great place to start.

I fully respect Sheffield Utd....thats why I am saying we need to bring our A game tonight.....they have been a credit to the cup competitions over the last couple of years...but this is my club Spurs!!!! playing in finals.....potentially lifting a trophy is precisely what our talented young squad needs!

A Wembley final is there for the taking but we have to go out and earn it! COYS!

Right on Nigey!

COYS.

Mason is back, apparently \o/

Could be something like this, going by the training pix from yesterday...

Vorm
Walker - Dier - Verts - Rose
Stambouli - Mason
Lennon - Eriksen - Townsend
Kane

Bench: Hugo, Yedlin, Winks, Ade, Kaboul, Capoue, Davies, etc etc

Mason is back, apparently \o/

Could be something like this, going by the training pix from yesterday...

Vorm
Walker - Dier - Verts - Rose
Stambouli - Mason
Lennon - Eriksen - Townsend
Kane

Bench: Hugo, Yedlin, Winks, Ade, Kaboul, Capoue, Davies, etc etc

Have you forgotten Dembele?
He would at least make the bench and could be used as one of the wide attacking midfielders, right or left.

Last edited:
Yep, line-up should be:

Thorstvedt
Austin, Cundy, Mabbutt, van den Hauwe
Allen, Anderton, Gray, Nayim, Samways
Teddy Sheringham

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Yep, That is the team.

Sent from my Noki DigiDrum using JungleTalk.

Have you forgotten Dembele?
He would at least make the bench and could be used as one of the wide attacking midfielders, right or left.

Yeah, you're right - he'll probably start, if only to reduce the inevitability of Mason getting clattered to death by the Leage One hordes in his first game back...

We have been very fortunate in the League Cup so far this season as we have managed to avoid all the big PL teams until now. With us in the semi final now, hope we will make the most of this chance to progress to the Final. But we should not get complacent against Sheffield United, even if they are a League One club. We actually have a very poor record against Sheff Utd, as we have lost 5, drawn 3 and won only 2 matches in our last 10 matches against them. We even got humiliated 0-6 by them during that period. So, we need to treat them with due respect and play our best team against them.

We need to get a comfortable lead in this match to bring to the 2nd leg away. Hope all the players will turn up for this match. Afterall, most of them have not won any Cup in their career. This will be a great chance to do just that. Hope they will be up for this match. We need to make use of any chance we get to score the goals. I think Kane, Chadli and Eriksen will be our key players in this match as they have been our regular goal scorers so far this season. Hope all 3 will come with their goal scoring boot on.

Our midfield have been doing well in recent matches. So, hope we will continue with Dembele and Stambouli in the middle. They have been gelling together in recent matches. Still not convinced about Townsend but can see Pochettino starting with him. Hope he will be boosted by his assist to Eriksen against Sunderland. It will be too bad if Lennon and Lamela are still out injured. They can surely improve our attacking options. Maybe Paulinho can come on to give us extra options later in the match.

Our defence just can't seem to stop conceding goals lately. But will be annoyed if we can't stop Sheff Utd from scoring in this match. Surely, we can't afford to let Sheff Utd score in this match as it will give them the away goal advantage. Hope Lloris and Vertonghen will lead the defence to shut out Sheff Utd. Want Vertonghen to avoid any controversy for once. He seems to be involved in all kinds of attention nowadays, either with penalty or goal decisions. Hope he will be more careful when defending as we can't be conceding soft goals.

We will need an early goal to settle us down and then need to kill the game off with another goal or two. Hope we will get a comfortable win to bring to the away leg.

9 hopes for us to win this.
We need our best team out there. A good chance to go to Wembly , and who knows what can happen in a cup final
COYS

Bloody hell I managed to find a youtube video of when we threw away a 4-1 lead v Burnley in the second leg and were moments from going out. Nightmare. Pav and Defoe made it 3-2 in the end, but they were just minutes from beating us.

Would love an easier ride than that tonight and in the second leg. How about it hey Spurs?

Bloody hell I managed to find a youtube video of when we threw away a 4-1 lead v Burnley in the second leg and were moments from going out. Nightmare. Pav and Defoe made it 3-2 in the end, but they were just minutes from beating us.

Would love an easier ride than that tonight and in the second leg. How about it hey Spurs?

I just watched that as well Pav took a lot of stick but ****ing hell he scored some absolute massive goals for us

I just watched that as well Pav took a lot of stick but ****ing hell he scored some absolute massive goals for us

He did to be fair to him. And all the criticism he got, I'd argue he was a lot more of a success than Soldado has been so far!

That really would have been our most embarrassing moment since we lost 4-3 to City with 10 men. That has to be the most embarrassing result of all time.

Back