• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Scumball Wanderers***

If we setup not to concede you have Bergwin, Sissoko and possibly Winks in from the start and you don’t play Bale. Not a chance that was setup for what we just watched, you only have to look at the games where we were playing defensive to see how he lines it up.

players were crap today end of, Lamela looked reasonable, Lloris kicking appalling and constantly playing short again, holjberg but especially NDombele gave ball away time and time again. Impossible to be in front foot if you can’t keep the ball

It’s a fair argument but we were very passive first half and let them have the ball. It says one of two things to me, either we were set up that way or they were just that much better than us. The latter makes no sense to me because they aren’t that good.

I also can’t understand why Mourinho selected Doherty and then seeing that him and Bale were being destroyed, didn’t do something to fix it. We all saw where their goal was going to come from. I’m an office worker on an office worker’s salary. How can a man on 15m a year not see it?

Infuriating.

So many poor performances. So little intensity, so much stupidity, so little quality.

Can't even begin to understand how we put in that performance coming into this game in form. Ridiculous.

Agreed. Totally mystifying. Can only think our conditioning wasn't up to scratch. Players looked leggy and lethargic. So so disappointing.

Another 45 minutes like that and you have to question if any lessons are being learned. We’ve played so much better in the last 5 games or so but have regressed back to the tactics that were costing us points.
Precisely this. If we play front foot, I am completely behind the manager, but this was shameful, cowardly, and destined to lose. I thought Mou Mou had balls.

Last edited:
I don’t know ?!so sick of watching us play like this ,whether it’s setup down to the manager or players attitude It’s just frecking frustrating

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Me too. I’m fudging sick this evening because we never win at that dump and we had a great chance today. I’m frustrated, sickened, disappointed, angry and yet strangely familiar with this sort of situation. It’s dogbrick.

That's not a pen and I can't believe he was booked for that.
refs going home to his flat in highbury stadium now..lol...the cheating clam..all those cynical tackles on Moura ..because he was getting through their defence..it was like watching Pele getting tackled in the 66 world cup!

I don’t see how this approach will deliver a trophy.

it never will unless you have those high quality/world class players in key positions defensively, in midfield and attack. We have Kane and Son in attack but the rest of those key areas we have a mixed bag.

Even if they did, if the coach does not want them to play that way then he would do something to change the shape of the match. The fact he didn't and was not barking orders for a change of shape or making subs suggests that no Mourinho wasn't aghast at the tactical approach of the match.

If we are saying he did want to change things and simply couldn't thats even worse it suggests he is incompetent. I don't think he's incompetent, rather his go to tactic in the "big games" is to sit and contain and hit on the counter, it was obvious that was the plan. It just didn't work.

I agree and these are similar to the points i was raising earlier in the season when our balance was far too defensive/cautious.

We seem obsessed with trying to manage games and conserve energy.

Really was yet another terrible performance in a long long line of terrible performances away to Arsenal. We’ve been better than them for 10 years yet still regularly get dingdonged there. The club has a mental problem.

fudging player lying on ground should not be allowed in gentlemanly conduct!..arse are jammy bastard s plus ref..how was no one sent off for those cynical fouls on Moura..
Homer Ref.
It'll be interesting when someone blasts a free kick straight into that player's arm.

Absolutely loving Mourinho's interview. Admits team played badly. Admits he is not going to go on players. Calls out Oliver and Tierney. Subtly hints that referees should be made to explain decisions and their performance / fatigue should review. Hints that Oliver has given his teams penalties.

Calls out big players - says they were hiding.

wouldn’t be the first time, certainly wouldn’t be the last. Their movement was good to be fair in between the midfield and defence and using the space left by Bale and Moura. But sitting off or not doesn’t excuse the poor use of the ball when we do have it, put them under pressure and make mistakes only our midfield gave it away every time

Players were poor, I'm not absolving them of any blame but once behind the game was much more balanced when we had to go for it

?????? Really! You blame Jose?
Absolutely, massively Mou Mou's decision to be so passive and sit back with no press. An awful decision from "The Portuguese Special".

They are pants and fragile, so we let them have the ball, gain momentum, feel positive?! We should have been biting in at them, freaking them out.

Absolutely, massively Mou Mou's decision to be so passive and sit back with no press. An awful decision from "The Portuguese Special".

They are pants and fragile, so we let them have the ball, gain momentum, feel positive?! We should have been biting in at them, freaking them out.

We should have been going for jugular today, pressure was on arteta for dropping the captain.

Back