• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Scumball Wanderers***

We were. That first half was awful. I thought we had a manager who wasn't afraid to make changes after half an hour?

That said, if Oliver didn't give the pelanty or send off Lamela, I don't think VAR would have overruled either decision. Both harsh, but neither was a ridiculous decision. Still can't excuse the limp performance for most of the match.
It spoke volumes the team the only had one shot and were dominated didn’t make any subs, yet the team in the ascendency did.

fudging player lying on ground should not be allowed in gentlemanly conduct!..arse are jammy bastard s plus ref..how was no one sent off for those cynical fouls on Moura..
Homer Ref.

At least it was a thoroughly deserved loss. First 80 was as poor as I've ever seen Spurs, Lamela's rabona excepted. Outplayed the entire match. No controversy or stupid VAR decisions, just pure sh*t. Take it on the chin and move on.

I think Moura is the only one to come out of that with some genuine credit. Sanchez did ok but the comedy penalty was abysmal. Kane didn’t look great but he got no service and came so close to scoring twice.
In short, they thoroughly deserved their win because they tried to win the game from the off. Don’t really know What we were up to today. Embarrassing.

I don’t like criticising referees but it felt like Michael Oliver brick the bed today. Lamela’s first yellow was never a yellow. Penalty? Can understand why they are given but the chance had gone before the foul was committed. Any way that felt brick like the losses to Chelscum, West Ham.

It’s been said before but this was a cowardly performance, we played the occasion rather than the team, it showed at the end their defence was their for the taking. Giving the opponent the ball and hoping for individual brilliance is what I’d expect Allardyce to do with this group of players and this has shown me that despite the green shoots in recent games any time we go into a ‘big’ game we are going to be playing like this.

Agreed, it was pathetic. They're an average team and our tactics are to sit back and hope that our forwards can nick a goal on the break. Pathetic from Jose, and pathetic from the players too

Limp, only really picked up after losing Lamela

the Scum were much more on the front foot and defended well when they had to, damned unlucky for Kane who looked zonked and the others weren't running in to create space

Doherty was poor letting himself get skinned like that, jeez

makes the zagreb second leg a tad dodgier! GWS Son, Bale and Kane to the bench for me, we need fresh legs to start the next one imo

We were. That first half was awful. I thought we had a manager who wasn't afraid to make changes after half an hour?

That said, if Oliver didn't give the pelanty or send off Lamela, I don't think VAR would have overruled either decision. Both harsh, but neither was a ridiculous decision. Still can't excuse the limp performance for most of the match.
The penalty was ridiculous. That should have been a goal kick.

It’s been said before but this was a cowardly performance, we played the occasion rather than the team.

Sums it up for me.
So many poor performances, misplaced passes and we seem to overthink everything.

Other than the last 10 minutes we probably played to 20% of our ability. Annoying.

Agreed, it was pathetic. They're an average team and our tactics are to sit back and hope that our forwards can nick a goal on the break. Pathetic from Jose, and pathetic from the players too

Not just an average team, an average team that's just dropped their best player, captain and top scorer.
You can't tell me that had them in a good place before kick off.
And what do we do? Roll over and let dominate us.
Pathetic, embarrassingly pathetic.

Not for me. Bale maybe because he really didn’t put in a shift but it looked like we were set up not to concede. They are a poor side and were bricking themselves whenever we got near their box.
If we setup not to concede you have Bergwin, Sissoko and possibly Winks in from the start and you don’t play Bale. Not a chance that was setup for what we just watched, you only have to look at the games where we were playing defensive to see how he lines it up.

players were crap today end of, Lamela looked reasonable, Lloris kicking appalling and constantly playing short again, holjberg but especially NDombele gave ball away time and time again. Impossible to be in front foot if you can’t keep the ball

I don’t like criticising referees but it felt like Michael Oliver brick the bed today. Lamela’s first yellow was never a yellow. pelanty? Can understand why they are given but the chance had gone before the foul was committed. Any way that felt brick like the losses to Chelscum, West Ham.
We are simply not good enough at feigning life-threatening injuries whenever someone barely touches our players. We have to start screaming louder and carry bags of fake blood. It's the sad reality and the state that modern football is in. We can claim biased refs and so on, but it's happening way too often for that to be the reason.

GHod the fudging entrenched, snide polarisation on here is nauseating. Sadly reflective of society as a whole, I’m so sick of it. fudge football, fudge the internet, and fudge this tribal close-minded human nature.
Indeed, anyone would think this was our first loss at Effeminates in years the way some are carping on!

Was a poor performance but the fact is even our recent title challenging sides struggled in this fixture.

A2A17942-E5AD-406E-89E4-5D659E6CFA22.jpeg

I don’t like criticising referees but it felt like Michael Oliver brick the bed today. Lamela’s first yellow was never a yellow. pelanty? Can understand why they are given but the chance had gone before the foul was committed. Any way that felt brick like the losses to Chelscum, West Ham.
If the ref doesn’t give a pen then no way does var give a pen there.

Lamela was carded on reputation, Xhaka was just as bad today.

Back