• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Rennes *** *POSTPONED*

---------------------Gollini
-------Sanchez--------Dier---------Rodon
Doherty--------------------------------------Tanganga
-------------Winks--------Lo Celso
-------------------Ndombele
------------Kane----------Bergwijn/Alli

That should comfortably be enough

What about Brighton and Leicester?
And what is one of the above players also actually has covid and passes it on to others? Tests obviously arent 100% accurate

Tottenham optimistic Europa Conference League clash with Rennes will be postponed amid club's Covid crisis after holding crunch talks with UEFA
  • Tottenham have reported at least 13 positive coronavirus cases, with 11 players
  • UEFA are therefore seriously considering postponing their game against Rennes
  • Sportsmail understand there is growing confidence UEFA will delay the game

UEFA are giving serious consideration to postponing Tottenham’s clash against Rennes.

The Premier League club are optimistic the game won’t go ahead due to the club’s Covid crisis.

Sportsmail has learned that there was growing confidence at the north London club on Wednesday night that UEFA would agree to postpone the fixture.

The news comes after the club reported at least 13 positive coronavirus cases - including 11 players.

Spurs officials have been in talks with representatives from European football’s governing body with a view to getting the game halted.

And there is significant belief that the European Conference League game will now go ahead at a later date.

The news will delight Antonio Conte who spoke passionately about why the game should not go ahead.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...Rennes-postponed-amid-clubs-Covid-crisis.html

We probably wouldn't go through anyway
Rennes are decent and we have to hope for the other game to go our way
So we might as well just play it
We definitely don't want to postpone it because it has to be played in December and we can't fit it in unless we play on Christmas Day or something.

As posted in this thread, we've got plenty of players who are desperate to play at New WHL and burst into the first team, so we can easily fulfil the fixture and give them the chance to show us what they've got.
The likes of Nile John and Dane Scarlett are the sort that may have played in earlier rounds (I forget) of the competition. E.g. from only the NON FIRST TEAMERS we have 13 outfield players and could field 10 of:

Cesay
Rodon
Brooklyn Lyons-Foster
Malachi Walcott
Tobi Omole

Harvey White
Nile John
Winks
Ndombele
Lo Celso

Jack Clake
Dele
Scarlett

I looked it up, we played Scarlett Gil Winks LoCelso John Carter-Vickers away in Pacos on that awful pitch and we looked terrible... but that is the same competition so it is disingenuous to now say we can't fulfil the fixture

I assume that if UEFA allow us to only postpone it to another date in Dec, then we'll just play it with whoever is available

My guess is that they'll allow a postponement until some point in January. I believe we have a midweek free then

Our players will be well rested!! This game, Burnley, Brighton will be cancelled...probably Leicester too given the 10 day isolation periods

I assume they all have treadmills at home...or we're rapidly ordering them all one!!

Last edited:
Midweeks in Jan are free, so even once we've demolished West Ham in the cup, we'll still have a gap there when we can play it

Presumably the other game will still be played, so we'll know what we have to do/avoid doing (depending on your feelings for the Ropey Conf)?

crazy times. I hate not having a game on but this just makes sense in terms of fairness. Just waiting for Sundays game to be called off now.

I think European games take precedence, so they may make us move those, to ensure the group is finished before the European winter break starts

Fair point if so, and in which case it'll be the WEst Ham game which gets moved given that the 16th is still within the 10 day isolation period

I looked it up, we played Scarlett Gil Winks LoCelso John Carter-Vickers away in Pacos on that awful pitch and we looked terrible... but that is the same competition so it is disingenuous to now say we can't fulfil the fixture

16 people at the training ground have caught covid in the last couple of days. It's about peoples health, their families health. Rightly we've shut the training ground for a few days and the match has been called off.

3 day closure is an odd length. Presume all players and staff will do daily PCR tests and then those which are clear return?

Means that Brighton has to be off given that we won't train Thurs-Sat (aside from at home etc)

Back