• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City*** OMT

Only managed to tune in as we scored, stats of the half and what i saw suggests we're shutting them out pretty well whilst creating good chances the other end?

Moura & Kane look like they're linking well
Initially the chances were quite difficult ones or half chances. Then Leicester scored and the quality of our chances actually improved. Leicester haven't been able to deal much attacking wise although the two chances they have had were very dangerous.

Too many defensive minded players being asked to do attacking things. They are trying their best but it doesn't really suit their attributes hence that final pass lacking or timing just not quite being right.

The system has merit though, just needs a higher quality of player performing the roles to work well.

Yes, some moves break down because of that. On the other hand we're getting good counter attacks, we're getting forward in numbers, creating chances, look well in control for most of that half.

I find it strange that we're so happy with the performance, yet also so eager to change things? Seems to me that Conte got it spot on.

Such a shame that Ndombele, Lo Celso, Dele and Gil haven’t yet done enough to be starting in the middle three (appreciate it’s early days for Gil).

You know Leicester are coming out more solid in the second half and we are not going to keep up this intensity. I think we regret the chances we missed at the final whistle.

Only managed to tune in as we scored, stats of the half and what i saw suggests we're shutting them out pretty well whilst creating good chances the other end?

Moura & Kane look like they're linking well

Vulnerable at times when they switch play, particularly to their left. Also vulnerable when they play through our press which wasn't always great.

Other than that very good control for us. Creating good chances. Mostly counter attacks and set pieces, but looking better against a settled team too.

Leicester look poor.

Really good first half, the best we've played all season. Created a number of good chances and a little bit of luck with finishing and we'd be winning comfortably.
PEH should've lifted his shot that was cleared off the line but he's not a finisher. Kane unlucky with header and one off the line, but should've scored when put through one on one.
532 gives us much better balance with the 3 in the middle controlling the game. Skipp has been brilliant as usual. Winks playing too. We're winning back the ball so well.

Harry's best performance of the season so far, he's looking really sharp and could easily have a hat-trick already.

It does help when we play fast attacking football. No tippy tappy, every pass seems to be at pace and forwards. Enjoying it.
Can play that way if you have someone available
It’s the exact set up I thought we may play when I saw the line up
Hojbjerg playing where he does for Denmark… the spoiler further up
Skipp play B2B and winks playing the passing role (Jorginho at Chelsea)
Need Lucas to play slightly further forward though now

Yes, some moves break down because of that. On the other hand we're getting good counter attacks, we're getting forward in numbers, creating chances, look well in control for most of that half.

I find it strange that we're so happy with the performance, yet also so eager to change things? Seems to me that Conte got it spot on.
If you mean me, I think we are drawing rather than winning because of the relatively low quality of the players in certain key roles. So I'd be very happy to change the personnel as I think that would improve the team and results.

Back