• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Leeds Leeds Leeds ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He played well
Their CBS did well all game
He was playing just in front of the back four today.

There are so many centre backs out there better than what we have. Can think of at least a dozen in the German league alone. Could get a pair of good ones for under £50m and be 12+ better off points wise in a season.

He was playing just in front of the back four today.

There are so many centre backs out there better than what we have. Can think of at least a dozen in the German league alone. Could get a pair of good ones for under £50m and be 12+ better off points wise in a season.
Need a right back ASAP
We have a dumb one and one that doesn’t suit a back 4

He really isn’t fine
His high bar lasted 2 months maybe 3
In his whole time here that’s pretty low
All 3 goals came do win his side today
We have to get in a better RB
And a CB

RB can definitely be improved, but getting a decent CB and back-up CF and RW (Bale or otherwise) are higher priorities.

After that, I think you can debate whether a new RB is more important that a 2nd CB, a back-up GK, a new CM

Just can't wait til the summer and a new manager arrives. We've taken the first step in getting back on track by getting rid of Jose, but this summer is monumentally big for us

RB can definitely be improved, but getting a decent CB and back-up CF and RW (Bale or otherwise) are higher priorities.

After that, I think you can debate whether a new RB is more important that a 2nd CB, a back-up GK, a new CM

Just can't wait til the summer and a new manager arrives. We've taken the first step in getting back on track by getting rid of Jose, but this summer is monumentally big for us
Issue with RB is it’s been a constant source of weakness since Walker left
Everywhere else has deteriorated over time
Aurier is just dumb but today wasn’t all on him. He had no support but he repeats errors. If Doherty had conceded the crosses he did today the pummelling he wouldn’t have got wound have been BIG

Issue with RB is it’s been a constant source of weakness since Walker left
Everywhere else has deteriorated over time
Aurier is just dumb but today wasn’t all on him. He had no support but he repeats errors. If Doherty had conceded the crosses he did today the pummelling he wouldn’t have got wound have been BIG

Understand. Just that we dont have a RW once Bale goes back, or back-up CF at the moment so those are high priority, and CB clearly is. I'd actually argue that two CBs are possibly higher priority than an RB, but agree that RB has been a weakspot for a while

I wouldnt say that Aurier was awful today though. Had he had some protection (ie Bale actually marking their LB) then Aurier's likfe would be far easier and they definitely wouldnt have scored their second

Understand. Just that we dont have a RW once Bale goes back, or back-up CF at the moment so those are high priority, and CB clearly is. I'd actually argue that two CBs are possibly higher priority than an RB, but agree that RB has been a weakspot for a while

I wouldnt say that Aurier was awful today though. Had he had some protection (ie Bale actually marking their LB) then Aurier's likfe would be far easier and they definitely wouldnt have scored their second
Fully fully agree that he had no protection
But he still got mullered and needed to do more or get more support
As I say it was on par or worse than arsenal and Doherty and yet...the noise is very quiet in comparison

Fully fully agree that he had no protection
But he still got mullered and needed to do more or get more support
As I say it was on par or worse than arsenal and Doherty and yet...the noise is very quiet in comparison
Because Doherty has been completely brick, he has shown nothing going forward and has looked poor defensively. Aurier has his brain farts but has shown when on his game he can defend and can also be useful in attack. Maybe next season Doherty can turn it around but even for a player settling into a new club his performances on the whole have been woeful....

I'd happily sell both Aurier and Doherty, but if I had to keep one, I'd probably keep Doherty just because he's been at Spurs for a year so might improve, and Aurier is possibly worth more

Because Doherty has been completely brick, he has shown nothing going forward and has looked poor defensively. Aurier has his brain farts but has shown when on his game he can defend and can also be useful in attack. Maybe next season Doherty can turn it around but even for a player settling into a new club his performances on the whole have been woeful....
So Aurier has credit in the bank?
Wow
That’s why our eke is have dropped
Honestly for a player to have credit in the bank for me they need to have excelled for at least a season and Aurier hasn’t managed more than 3 months unfortunately
Doherty played right back when we beat Leeds 3 nil by the way and they never really got near us
And I’ll say again it wasn’t all on him by a long way but he is a weak link. It’s exactly why he gets targeted as his brain fart is always there

Back