• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Leeds Leeds Leeds ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who ever we bring in has to be under no illusions that he has a massive job on his hands, starting with getting rid of a lot of those players who have been brick under 3 managers now. Lets stop hoping that a change of manager will get those players who have been going through the motions for the last couple of years back up playing again.

Agree completely, and that's why we need a younger, lower profile manager who will be up for a project. The likes of Benitez or Rodgers will not.

Given Levy's previous tightness with splashing the cash, and the lack of revenue from the stadium, I'm not optimistic about him bringing in the players we need to improve as much as we need to improve. It's this damn club again. Never able to take that step to being a supremely dominant force. And then tempting us with a sliver of hope.

Covid has been a awful thing to happen to the world there is no doubt about that, but looking at it in a selfish way it has badly hit our ability to spend the money on the players we have needed for a couple of seasons now. What concerns me is that there are a lot of fans who have up to now believed that we only needed to buy a couple of players and get rid of Jose. We need a LARGE clear out of players no matter who our manager is and i really hope that Levy can see this and provide the cash to be able to do so.

Of course a new manager is of importance but if they ( Levy/ new manager) believe/think that we only need a couple of players to lift us then we will continue to struggle.

Well we have no " technical performance" so he should be sacked on that ground alone.
Doesnt it speak volumes that we cant pinpoint the person responsible for choosing these players.
A complete shambles. Levy runs all other aspects so professionally it is hard to compute how poor we are at choosing the right players. We are totally amateurish in this area it seems.

Not really, i think that's the same across most clubs

Covid has been a awful thing to happen to the world there is no doubt about that, but looking at it in a selfish way it has badly hit our ability to spend the money on the players we have needed for a couple of seasons now. What concerns me is that there are a lot of fans who have up to now believed that we only needed to buy a couple of players and get rid of Jose. We need a LARGE clear out of players no matter who our manager is and i really hope that Levy can see this and provide the cash to be able to do so.

Of course a new manager is of importance but if they ( Levy/ new manager) believe/think that we only need a couple of players to lift us then we will continue to struggle.

Unless we have fresh investment I imagine our transfer budget for the summer is close to zero and we have to sell before we buy.

We dont have the budget for the rebuild (or the scouts go pick up unearthed diamonds), nor do we have the players to get into the top 4 currently.

We are screwed for a few seasons at least

Unless we have fresh investment I imagine our transfer budget for the summer is close to zero and we have to sell before we buy.

We dont have the budget for the rebuild (or the scouts go pick up unearthed diamonds), nor do we have the players to get into the top 4 currently.

We are screwed for a few seasons at least

Sad to say you may be right and if that is the case we may have to let the likes of Alli go why he is still worth a decent fee, not sure what we could get for some of the other deadwood ( Lamela, Doherty, Aurier,Dier, Sanchez etc).

One thing is for sure its going to be a very busy/important close season.

Sad to say you may be right and if that is the case we may have to let the likes of Alli go why he is still worth a decent fee, not sure what we could get for some of the other deadwood ( Lamela, Doherty, Aurier,Dier, Sanchez etc).

One thing is for sure its going to be a very busy/important close season.
Makes more sense to cash in on Son. He's 29 in a couple of months and will bring in a higher fee. I don't think we'd get that great a deal for Dele.

Makes more sense to cash in on Son. He's 29 in a couple of months and will bring in a higher fee. I don't think we'd get that great a deal for Dele.

If that is what we have to do to improve our chances of getting the players we need in so be it, i am still not convinced about Kane staying here either to be honest.

Covid has been a awful thing to happen to the world there is no doubt about that, but What concerns me is that there are a lot of fans who have up to now believed that we only needed to buy a couple of players and get rid of Jose. We need a LARGE clear out of players no matter who our manager is and i really hope that Levy can see this and provide the cash to be able to do so.

Well the players have been poorly coached and their fitness has been let slide for a while now so I wouldn’t give up on some of them yet. In any case in the current climate it’ll be very difficult to have a large turnover of players this summer. I expect Levy will try to appoint someone who potentially could get more out of what we already have. My money’s on Lopetegui being the chosen one. Not that I think he’d succeed but at least expectations will be low.
We’ve fallen quite a distance in 2 years!

Wouldn’t be shocked if we start next season without Son/Kane/Alli tbh.

I’m pretty certain Kane goes in the summer, will Son want to stay?
I doubt very much that more than one will be allowed to go, there's too much work needed elsewhere to need to rebuild the forward line from scratch.

I doubt very much that more than one will be allowed to go, there's too much work needed elsewhere to need to rebuild the forward line from scratch.

How long have Son/Alli got left on contracts?

Son has 2?
Im not sure it’s going to be fully up to the club

Well the players have been poorly coached and their fitness has been let slide for a while now so I wouldn’t give up on some of them yet. In any case in the current climate it’ll be very difficult to have a large turnover of players this summer. I expect Levy will try to appoint someone who potentially could get more out of what we already have. My money’s on Lopetegui being the chosen one. Not that I think he’d succeed but at least expectations will be low.
We’ve fallen quite a distance in 2 years!

S ome of the same players who are looking crap now were doing so under the end of the Poch reign so its not all down to fitness( imo), we keep making excuses for players but s ome of them have been going through the motions under 3 managers now. I do agree that the present climate does not look good for a summer turnover but if we can not/do not manage it this summer next season will be more of the same. IMO

I'm 50:50 on whether Kane will stay. I think the only thing keeping him here next season is no club meeting the asking price.

I know that we think that but the big clubs will find the money if they believe any player will lift them to honours.

S ome of the same players who are looking crap now were doing so under the end of the Poch reign so its not all down to fitness( imo), we keep making excuses for players but s ome of them have been going through the motions under 3 managers now. I do agree that the present climate does not look good for a summer turnover but if we can not/do not manage it this summer next season will be more of the same. IMO

Someone hit the tickle my balls with a feather earlier for me. They aren't bad pros or mercenaries, they've just been here too long without achieving anything. Hugo, Dier, Toby, Aurier, Winks, Lamela, Son, Alli, Kane, Moura, Sanchez have all been here for 5-10 years and won squat. That results in a mindset/culture that's very difficult to change while we're so dependent on so many of them.

Someone hit the tickle my balls with a feather earlier for me. They aren't bad pros or mercenaries, they've just been here too long without achieving anything. Hugo, Dier, Toby, Aurier, Winks, Lamela, Son, Alli, Kane, Moura, Sanchez have all been here for 5-10 years and won squat. That results in a mindset/culture that's very difficult to change while we're so dependent on so many of them.

That is a fair point and i I can't dance, for sure they all have talent but there is s omething missing in their makeup for sure. I know there are fans who dismiss the " the winning mentality" theory but that is a important factor is being serial winners and we have lacked that in several of our players over the years. IMO

Back