• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Crystal Palace OMT***

We had Bale on the left and Lennon on the right for years. And he struggled for years break down teams at home. We had an the width in the world.

Pointless cross after pointless cross headed away by a defence waiting for it.

But today it's "we need width", "Aaron Lennon" and I saw some goals from crosses on motd once.

I'm sure Soldado would have headed in a hatrick all assisted by England's up and coming 2006 works cup star. Tony Gale for Spurs manager.

I agree.

Does working the ball wide, and passing/ crossing into the penalty area constitute a cross? If so we were also closest to scoring from crosses - Lamela to Davies to Soldado to blaze over first half. We could have stretched the pitch more, we could have a 'bigger' pitch if we had fullbacks or others receiving the ball in pace out wide in the final third. You don't have to have traditional wingers just be able to stretch teams and use the sides of the pitch to get in behind. The whole traditional wingers or not is a misnomer and not the issue.

That was a good move. Bit of movement from Eriksen to create the space. Ben Davies held back his run until he could actually get the ball in space instead of pushing on too soon. Lamela did well to keep hold of the ball, create the space for the pass and then find him.

That's where I really think we were lacking a bit of energy that's needed to break down a team like Crystal Palace. That movement just wasn't there enough of the time.

I don't want to get into an AVB discussion, but he is as responsible for the mess we are in as anyone. These were largely HIS players. He failed to make it work. We were ****e last season with him.

Its a new season now..you cant blame AVB...LOL

We should have changed players in the transfer window..and signed some new players.

IIRC Poch was happy with the squad he inherited...and said,,its a great squad of players!

This OMT was started with a question mark instead of the regular (and later edited in) stars in the headline.

Seems the OMT gods punished us by giving our players a "game?" and "football?" attitude for this game...

This thread is still burning strongly I see. How we managed to make Palace look that good away from home I have no idea, but some good results over Xmas and we could be in the top 4. The league is all over the place this season, but I'm hoping we kick on in the second half.

We had Bale on the left and Lennon on the right for years. And he struggled for years break down teams at home. We had an the width in the world.

Pointless cross after pointless cross headed away by a defence waiting for it.

But today it's "we need width", "Aaron Lennon" and I saw some goals from crosses on motd once.

I'm sure Soldado would have headed in a hatrick all assisted by England's up and coming 2006 works cup star. Tony Gale for Spurs manager.

Agreed.

A really disappointing performance and result. In fact, we were very fortunate to get away with the draw. Palace created more chances than us and were very unfortunate not to score atleast 1 goal. We have to thank Lloris for making many great saves and getting us a point. Without him, we could have been humiliated by Palace. With only 1 win in 9 matches against Palace at home, it is clear Palace is one of our jinx team.

Despite the poor performance, we could have won this game if Soldado has been more clinical in front of goal. He wasted a hattrick of chances to score which was really annoying. After getting his first league goal of the season against Everton, thought he would go on a goal run. Instead, his failure to score those chances will only cause more doubts about his abilities as a striker.

I think Pochettino did a big mistake by starting many players who played against Chelsea. Almost all, like Kane and Masson, looked very tired, especially Kane. Not sure why we didn't start with Chadli. Also, Bentaleb and Mason partnership in midfield was unconvincing against Chelsea. So we should have bring on Dembele or Stambouli against Palace. Don't know why we bought Stambouli if we don't want to play him in the league. Not sure why Pochettino didn't bring on Lennon for Lamela earlier despite us struggling to create chances against Palace. I think we simply lacked the experience to break open Palace.

Big credit to Lloris for making all those great saves. Without him Palace could have humiliated us. Nice to see Lloris getting back to his best after costly mistakes against Chelsea. He looked assured the whole match. Too bad the defence were not as convincing as Lloris. I think we badly need a top class defender and a defensive midfielder to help out our defence.

Thought we would do well to beat Palace. Instead the 2 lost points lost might come back to affect us at the end of the season. We have simply lost too many points at home this season. Hope we will do something in the January transfer window to try to save the season.

Back