• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Chelski OMT***

Soldado will be fresh for Palace, back infront of his home fans again.Plus won't hurt him coming on in the second half against tired opposition

Exactly.

I can see the thinking behind picking Lamela over Soldado.

The surprising choice, IMO, is Chiriches at right back when we have Naughton available.

Not impressed at all with this line up. Normally means we'll go out and win so hopefully the case again. RM won't be happy missing out against Chelsea :)

When you put it like that it is quite sad that being said I think I trust Paulinho the least out of all the players mentioned and that's saying something

I agree, he hasn't done much to inspire confidence these past few months. But, despite (or perhaps because of) his sideways passing, avoidance of responsibility, and loss of a number of forward skills.....I think he'd actually make a fairly good DM. He presses hard, and is fast enough to keep pace with AMs like Willian and Hazard. Sure, he might make catastrophic mistakes....but at present, none of our team are exempt from that possibility, except perhaps Kane.

Sunderland got a point last time out by sitting on Fabregas and denying him the ball. Hopefully Poch will have noticed this.

Exactly.

I can see the thinking behind picking Lamela over Soldado.

The surprising choice, IMO, is Chiriches at right back when we have Naughton available.

Well no... yes Lamela works hard so does Kane, Soldado, Lennon and Eriksen... its not like we are swapping Adebayor for Lamela...

Well no... yes Lamela works hard so does Kane, Soldado, Lennon and Eriksen... its not like we are swapping Adebayor for Lamela...

no but we're making it a 5 man midfield instead of going to the best team in the country with two strikers.

I agree, he hasn't done much to inspire confidence these past few months. But, despite (or perhaps because of) his sideways passing, avoidance of responsibility, and loss of a number of forward skills.....I think he'd actually make a fairly good DM. He presses hard, and is fast enough to keep pace with AMs like Willian and Hazard. Sure, he might make catastrophic mistakes....but at present, none of our team are exempt from that possibility, except perhaps Kane.

Dwells on the ball with no idea when to release it slowing down our play. Also his positioning is terrible, doesnt stay in position comes pressing when the rest of the team is sitting leaving a gap. Then he has a tendency to pull out of tackles. He is no DM.

I think it will be Eriksen in the middle dropping deep almost 433.

This. I see Lamela starting on the left.

Very big call by Poch to play Lamela. I hope he has explained the importance of not giving the ball away to him or making reckless tackles.

Kane, Lennon and Lamela should be dangerous on the break at pace. Bentaleb and Mason have to get the ball to them quickly. Lets see how they deal with the three of them running at them.

Kane, Lennon and Lamela should be dangerous on the break at pace. Bentaleb and Mason have to get the ball to them quickly. Lets see how they deal with the three of them running at them.

should be a good battle on the right. Azpilicueta is the best defender in the league, but Lennon has made some of the best full backs taste grass before.

Dwells on the ball with no idea when to release it slowing down our play. Also his positioning is terrible, doesnt stay in position comes pressing when the rest of the team is sitting leaving a gap. Then he has a tendency to pull out of tackles. He is no DM.

Mainly tactical issues, that can be solved with a bit of discipline from him and a bit of coaching from Poch. I think he's been terrible, but I also think he isn't as bad as you're making him out to be.

Will be interested to see how we line up. Could be a 433 with Lennon and Lamela inverted or on their natural side, or the same formation as against Everton with Kane pushing up high and Lamela taking up that #10 spot Kane occupied.

Lamela/Kane offers more defensively than Kane/Soldado - i would imagine is his thinking on that decision

I think you'll see a very high line from us tonight and a very congested midfield with even Kane dropping back.
I think this will be decided on set pieces.

Back