• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Chelski OMT***

just checked, was a scheduled 3pm kick off but the game got delayed as there was a vehicle in park lane that was treated as suspicious. Modric goal was a corker, 18 yards out banger in the bottom corner!

I was sitting right behind the corner of the goal when that went in \o/

Get the impression he will make some changes for this one tonight, with the game on the weekend to come.

---------------------Lloris--------------------

Naughton---Fazio----Vertonghen---Davies

------------Bentaleb---Dembele------------

---Lennon-------Lamela---------Chadli-----

-------------------Soldado-------------------

Who knows if Capoue, Rose, Ade are fit they may play too.

I'd love to see an unchanged side but I'm not sure they will be able to run as much

No way can he change things tonight. Players have confidence and belief. Rest for Palace or Besiktas.

No way can he change things tonight. Players have confidence and belief. Rest for Palace or Besiktas.

He may also look at it like the weekend is the more winnable fixture.

I don't want him to really change it but can we realistically expect Kane to run the same mileage and apply himself in the same way for instance?

I'd like to see Stambouli too if he does ring the changes.

I believe we have to pack to midfield and try and hit them on the counter or we'll get turned over fairly easily. Playing two CM's and three AM's will just resurface the issues we had prior to the Everton match. Finney (I think!!) made a superb post about our defensive frailties in the 442 thread and how things changed for the better in the Everton match. 4-4-1-1 or 4-3-3 for me.

He may also look at it like the weekend is the more winnable fixture.

I don't want him to really change it but can we realistically expect Kane to run the same mileage and apply himself in the same way for instance?

I'd like to see Stambouli too if he does ring the changes.

It's not a popular opinion I know, but Stambouli has not convinced me at all yet. In the last Europa match his mobility was fairly shocking. If I remember right he got left for dead 3 times in the first half and there were a few other occasions I thought he should have come across to cover but didn't. He did ye olde pointy shouty thingie when it looked to me he should have been the covering player. He did better in the 2nd half of that match to be fair, but I could see him being bypassed fairly easily by Chelsea's attack unless he moves a bit faster.

It's not a popular opinion I know, but Stambouli has not convinced me at all yet. In the last Europa match his mobility was fairly shocking. If I remember right he got left for dead 3 times in the first half and there were a few other occasions I thought he should have come across to cover but didn't. He did ye olde pointy shouty thingie when it looked to me he should have been the covering player. He did better in the 2nd half of that match to be fair, but I could see him being bypassed fairly easily by Chelsea's attack unless he moves a bit faster.

becausehe covered the centre half,as he should when they went outwide to cover for the full backs. He done this exceptionally well and better then any midfielder i have seen this season.

becausehe covered the centre half,as he should when they went outwide to cover for the full backs. He done this exceptionally well and better then any midfielder i have seen this season.

I don't think we are talking about the same incidents but if we are then I wasn't the only to think it. Those around around me were saying the same thing (as I was thinking). Actually I got the impression he got scared because the winger had burned him off a few times previously and decided to avoid it again.

I like him though, and when he was paired with Dembele in the other Euro matches I thought we looked very solid through the middle. I just don't think he's ready for Chelsea yet.

I don't think we are talking about the same incidents but if we are then I wasn't the only to think it. Those around around me were saying the same thing (as I was thinking). Actually I got the impression he got scared because the winger had burned him off a few times previously and decided to avoid it again.

I like him though, and when he was paired with Dembele in the other Euro matches I thought we looked very solid through the middle. I just don't think he's ready for Chelsea yet.

i personally dont think bentaleb is ready for Chelsea, but I want the exact same team that beat Everton. They will show fight, they worked together as a team and confidence must be an all time high for some of them. As much as I'd like a fighter and experienced winner in Stambouli to start, he wasnt part of the line up against Everton. I'd have him on the bench over Dembele though.

Get the impression he will make some changes for this one tonight, with the game on the weekend to come.

---------------------Lloris--------------------

Naughton---Fazio----Vertonghen---Davies

------------Bentaleb---Dembele------------

---Lennon-------Lamela---------Chadli-----

-------------------Soldado-------------------

Who knows if Capoue, Rose, Ade are fit they may play too.

I'd love to see an unchanged side but I'm not sure they will be able to run as much

We will be murdered if we play that team! It would be akin to playing with two sent off and no playmaker....

In which right senses do you drop the best three players from the previous game you played?

We will be murdered if we play that team! It would be akin to playing with two sent off and no playmaker....

In which right senses do you drop the best three players from the previous game you played?

Wouldn't be my team necessarily. I'm just thinking who he might rest. Kane, Mason and Eriksen ran more than anyone. They may well be knackered. Only Poch will know that well enough to make the decision.

Wouldn't be my team necessarily. I'm just thinking who he might rest. Kane, Mason and Eriksen ran more than anyone. They may well be knackered. Only Poch will know that well enough to make the decision.

I think it's a valid point worth discussing at least. And probably one Poch is taking into consideration, he said himself in the interview on the previous page: "Is Kane tired? Yes. He ran 13km. It is unbelievable that one striker ran 13km in one game."

I quite liked the team you put wrote up there. Dembele's strengths seem to be when defending and without the ball. At the same time he has the pace and stamina to occasionally be useful on the break. Lamela works hard etc.

Our next game is on Saturday, just 3 days away. And anyone thinking that a home game against a bottom half team will be easy for us haven't been paying attention this season. The plan should be to try to maximize the amounts of points we get from both games.

I think it's a valid point worth discussing at least. And probably one Poch is taking into consideration, he said himself in the interview on the previous page: "Is Kane tired? Yes. He ran 13km. It is unbelievable that one striker ran 13km in one game."

I quite liked the team you put wrote up there. Dembele's strengths seem to be when defending and without the ball. At the same time he has the pace and stamina to occasionally be useful on the break. Lamela works hard etc.

Our next game is on Saturday, just 3 days away. And anyone thinking that a home game against a bottom half team will be easy for us haven't been paying attention this season. The plan should be to try to maximize the amounts of points we get from both games.

I agree.

Livescore have a suggested team...featuring Paulinho :ross: if he plays, we may as well not turn up & award Chelsea the 3-0 default win.

Five-man midfield for us, surely. I am expecting to see the same team as v Everton with one of Soldado/Kane being dropped in favour of Dembele.

I imagine this will be Chelseas line up?

Courtois
Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry - Azpilicueta
Matic - Fabregas
Willian - Oscar - Hazard
Drogba​

Game will be won in midfield, they have the better players but fight, work rate and use of our pressing game could really make it uncomfortable for the two in midfield who like to play the ball. Breaching their defence will be tough, need our creative players to be on the top of their game.

Back