• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Chelski OMT***

Some big decisions for Poch for this one!

Who/if to rotate after Thursday-Sunday and this on a Wednesday and the effort we put in against Everton?

Do we drop someone to accommodate another more defensive midfielder up against the attacking power Chelsea has? Or do we trust the formation and team that delivered against Everton?

I'm glad I'm not the one making the decisions...

This is a tough one as far as team selection, I fear if we set up the same way we did against Everton we will get dingdonged 5-0 and over ran in midfield. On the other hand I don't think sitting back and absorbing pressure all game will turn out good either. I would start with..

-------------------Lloris-------------------------

Naughton------Verts-----Fazio----------Davies

--------------Bentaleb----Dembele------------

Lennon--------------Mason---------------Eriksen

--------------------Kane-----------------------

then at 60 minutes or thereabouts bring on Soldado and Chadli and see if we can scrape a result. Really tough decision for Poch and I hate not to stick with the winning formula against Everton but CHelski scum are a different challenge

OPERATION SAVE MY AVATAR!

Last edited:
This is a tough one as far as team selection, I fear if we set up the same way we did against Everton we will get dingdonged 5-0 and over ran in midfield. On the other hand I don't think sitting back and absorbing pressure all game will turn out good either. I would start with..

then at 60 minutes or thereabouts bring on Soldado and Chadli and see if we can scrape a result. Really tough decision for Poch and I hate not to stick with the winning formula against Everton but CHelski scum are a different challenge

I like the look of that team...

I disagree - i think the way we set up V Everton is as suitable for Chelsea as any other opponent. We kept a solid defensive shape, pressed them high up the pitch at times whilst sitting back and countering at others - Kane showed the ability to play behind a forward and contribute defensively as did Eriksen/Lennon from out wide - defense was solid and the energy on display from Mason and Bentaleb defied their combined age.

All fit id keep it the same

I disagree - i think the way we set up V Everton is as suitable for Chelsea as any other opponent. We kept a solid defensive shape, pressed them high up the pitch at times whilst sitting back and countering at others - Kane showed the ability to play behind a forward and contribute defensively as did Eriksen/Lennon from out wide - defense was solid and the energy on display from Mason and Bentaleb defied their combined age.

All fit id keep it the same

Not sure.

Everton midfield 5: Eto'o, Mirallas, Barkley, Barry and Besic

Chelsea midfield 5: Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Fabregas and Matic.

Put simply I think it will take considerably more to contain that Chelsea team than it did to contain that Everton team. Just a lot more class in that Chelsea side. I think another, slightly more defensive minded, midfielder could help us out a lot. Then again, if Poch trusts Bentaleb, Mason and Kane to do the job I won't be upset at all.

Before sunday id maybe have switched in another genuine midfielder for Kane but he showed himself more than capable in that role on Sunday against good opponents. Leave Soldado (or Kane) isolated upfront and Id worry we'd be inviting Chelsea on to us too much.

This is one of those game where my expectations are zero - if we end up getting thumped by 5 or 6, it wouldnt remotely change my expectations for the season. If we get a point, or if a miracle happens, a win then amazing but not remotely hopeful

I'll be delighted with anything other than a drubbing here.. Really can't see us getting anything from this.. Would be absolutely delighted to be proved wrong!

noooooooo!!! If it aint broke, dont fix it. Mason is a CM and in that formation he'd just get sucked deeper and deeper. Playing Kane in that position prevents that given his natural inclination to push forwards

Same side as Sunday with exception of Naughton in at RB.

This is the test for Poch, I expect us to lose, a draw would be excellent.

What must not happen is a 3+ goal defeat.

This is a very good Chelsea side. A few levels above anything we have faced this season bar Emirates Marketing Project. If we sit back and let them come on we will get battered, they have too many good players. I think Poch has to play the same game as we did against Emirates Marketing Project and hope we get some luck and score early and then catch them on the counter. I do not think he can play for a draw.

This is a very good Chelsea side. A few levels above anything we have faced this season bar Emirates Marketing Project. If we sit back and let them come on we will get battered, they have too many good players. I think Poch has to play the same game as we did against Emirates Marketing Project and hope we get some luck and score early and then catch them on the counter. I do not think he can play for a draw.

Yeah I don't think we did a lot wrong against City.... compared to some of the other debacles.
Main focus on the training pitch this week is learning how not to make damn stupid tackles.

If we can stay 11 v 11 we might actually get something, London derby and all that

We always seem to get ****ed over with some terrible referee decisions against them probably because their team is full of cheating inbred ***** i wonder what odds you would get on Chelski not getting a penalty tomorrow. Fazio played very well Sunday but he scares the **** out of me tbh I could see a poor challenge pen/red and the flood gates are open

On the flip side if ever a club is due some luck vs another club it is us vs Chelski

Yeah, we are due a win at Stamford Bridge! .....

[video=youtube;hdoxrZ5Y1Rk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdoxrZ5Y1Rk[/video]

Yup, hopefully Kane or Soldado can do what no Spurs player since Lineker has managed and score a winning goal at Stamford Bridge [-o<

Here's what Spurs squad looked like the last time we took 3pts away at Chelsea!

@thfcnostalgia: Tottenham Hotspur squad 1989/90 season @paul_walsh9 @Howellsey @PStewy103 @GaryLineker @SilaErik #THFC
B24nwGrIAAAHtiC.jpg

Operation drop deep and play on the break.

-------------Hugo---------
Naughton-Faz-Jan-Davies
-Mason-Bentaleb-Stambouli
Chadli---Soldado---Kane

Could we nick something? Maybe, but probably not.

Back