• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea****

I'd be far more confident had we not had that silly midweek game. I'm still expecting the players to tire after 60-70 minutes, but hopefully I'll be proven wrong. Super nervous, just as I was before the City, Scum, and Spammer games. Maybe that's a good sign.

COYFS!

We will win. It has been foretold

come on you keep making statments like this and leave things hanging like droopy melons....

foretold by who.....????

your mum? your auntie? some guy called Bob you met last year????

Did a badger tell you this????

who cares! today is the day!!! Come on you spurs!!!

This match will show if we are the new Spurs with new mentality or we are still the bad old Spurs with bad old habits. We have a great chance to move within 2 points of the top of the league. And despite winning their last 2 matches, Chelsea come into this match in shyte form, being in 15th place, having lost 7 matches and desperate to win. We have always fecked up matches like this in the past whenever we had chance to move up the table and faced teams in bad form. Let's see which Spurs will turn up for this match. We do have a poor record against Chelsea, having only won 1 in the last 12 matches against them in all competitions. But we have a great record against them at home, winning 4, drawing 4 and losing only 1 in the last 9 matches against Chelsea in the league. Who can forget that brilliant 5-3 win over them last season ! So, there is no reason whatsover why we cannot beat Chelsea in this match.

We will need big performances from our key players to win this match. I think the key for us to win this match is to get Kane score ! Kane almost single handedly destroyed Chelsea in that 5-3 win with 2 goals. And he has been in great form now, scoring 9 goals in his last 6 matches. Hope he will continue his goal run and get a goal or two in this match. Similiarly, both Son and Eriksen need to be at their best and sharp against Chelsea. Let's hope Eriksen can finish off any freekicks that will come his way. Lamela returning from injury will be very important for us too. I think Lamela has been largely under rated by the media and pundits despite his great form us so far this season. He is capably of hurting Chelsea with his creativity and work rate if continues that form.

I think this match will be won or lost in midfield. Chelsea have quality midfield which can hurt us if given chance. We have to dominate the midfield to have any chance of winning this match. Too bad Alli is suspended for this match as he has been in great form. But Dembele can replace Alli and partner Dier in centre midfield. Hope Dembele will continue his recent good form. In fact, Dembele needs to be at his best to stop the Chelsea attacks. Somehow can see Mason playing some part in the match. Hope Mason will avoid making any stupid mistakes.

Our defence did well to keep the clean sheet against Qarabag in the EL. But it was our first clean sheet in 7 matches. How great it will be if we can shut out Chelsea as well ! To do that, we need Lloris, Vertonghen and Alderweireld to have a perfect match. Ofcourse we will also need luck ! But a bit worried about Walker and Rose as they tend to make unforced errors. Let's hope they will be alert all the time and avoid getting too ambitious ! In fact, I will prefer if our defence just concentrate on defending and avoid joining in attack !

This is going to be a very tough match for us as Chelsea are desperate to win. Hope we will turn up with the right mentality and get the all-important win !

I'm in Budapest with the other half, so will be following the game on here. Don't let me down.

COYS

This match will show if we are the new Spurs with new mentality or we are still the bad old Spurs with bad old habits.

I dont think that's right. If we didn't have the EL game on Thursday evening then I would agree with you. As it stands, this will tell you more about our fitness levels than whether we're rid of bad habits

Everybody dance now!

Really hope Lamela is fit to start this match. His creativity and work rate will be a key weapon for us against Chelsea. We need to be alert from start to finish against Chelsea. We need a good performance but won't mind how we play as long as we win !

come on you keep making statments like this and leave things hanging like droopy melons....

foretold by who.....????

your mum? your auntie? some guy called Bob you met last year????

Did a badger tell you this????

who cares! today is the day!!! Come on you spurs!!!

It was an elderly homeless woman who also wanted both my phone and my phone number. She was randomly entering people's front yards.

She was surprisingly knowledgeable about sport and claimed we would win 4-0. I'm optimistic and am awaiting her phone call.

I'm in Budapest with the other half, so will be following the game on here. Don't let me down.

COYS
They have football on TV in Budapest you know.

If your other half can't give you 2 hours, give her a kick in the sponge and watch it anyway.

There are lots of other halves, but only one Tottingham Hottingspurs

Everybody dance now!

Is this an in-joke? Like the Verts being Belgian and not Dutch thing?

It's just for about the last 15 years, the teams have been announced at 1 hour prior to KO to the second. So at 75 mins to KO there's never going to be any news

Good team but our bench doesn't look very strong tbh, considering we will need fresh legs at some point.

subs: Vorm, Trippier, Wimmer, Carroll, Lamela, Onomah, Clinton

If we're in need of some magic, just Lamela really and he doesn't score many. Onomah and Clinton have good potential but are very raw at present.

Mason starts... Cue our first loss in 13 :)

Let's count how many times he gives the ball away or messes up a pass #pleaseworkreversepsychology

Mourinho being very cute, not picking a striker at all... that will mess with Spurs's's' heads, who do we mark, what are we playing against?

Cunning.

Although if it was Fat Sam I'd be saying how negative and wimpy it was and that the cloggers were scared and just trying to snatch something on the break/ from a set piece.

Should be a very interesting chess match.

One of those chess matches where someone stands up and pushes the Queen into his opponent's eye.

Good team but our bench doesn't look very strong tbh, considering we will need fresh legs at some point.

subs: Vorm, Trippier, Wimmer, Carroll, Lamela, Onomah, Clinton

If we're in need of some magic, just Lamela really and he doesn't score many. Onomah and Clinton have good potential but are very raw at present.

Raw is just what you need to put on against tired legs.

My concern is that Carroll isn't as good as being able to do Mason-Alli or Alli-Mason to keep-up the intensity at 70 mins (though Carroll did well in that role against Qarabag)

Back