• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v CHELSEA - FA CUP SEMI FINAL OMT**

I agree too on his past outings.

Ideally I like him to be picked, play like we know he can, and then score the winner from a headed in corner in the 94th minute.

Too much to ask?

Perhaps we should try without Modric for once?

-----------------Friedel-----------------

Walker-----Gallas/King-----Kaboul/Nelsen--BAE

------------Parker---------Livermore---------

-Lennon-----------VdV---------------Bale

-----------------Ade----------------------

Subs; Cudicini, Rose, whichever CB isn't injured, Sandro, Modric, Kranjcar, Defoe.

Perhaps we should try without Modric for once?

-----------------Friedel-----------------

Walker-----Gallas/King-----Kaboul/Nelsen--BAE

------------Parker---------Livermore---------

-Lennon-----------VdV---------------Bale

-----------------Ade----------------------

Subs; Cudicini, Rose, whichever CB isn't injured, Sandro, Modric, Kranjcar, Defoe.

What has Livermore done to be included ahead of Modric and Sandro ?

What has Livermore done to be included ahead of Modric and Sandro ?

Well, he's more defensively oriented than Modric, which I thought we needed at this point, especially with the possibility of three of our four CBs being injured for Sunday. Plus, he can pass a wee bit better than Sandro can, so at least he can bring the ball out when we have it (See assist for Defoe against Norwich).

Well, he's more defensively oriented than Modric, which I thought we needed at this point, especially with the possibility of three of our four CBs being injured for Sunday. Plus, he can pass a wee bit better than Sandro can, so at least he can bring the ball out when we have it (See assist for Defoe against Norwich).

I might be cruel but Livermore is no DM, he looks more box to box type of player, other than his second half display against Utd for me he has shown nothing, if you want to go safe it has to be Sandro or to be more attacking it should be Modric, I agree with you that we should play two wingers, Modric is the sort of player you wont notice until hes not there.

so no Ivanovic, Ashley Cole and potentially Luiz / Terry out injured too

leaves them with an impressive back 4 of

Ferreira Cahill Boswinga Bertrand

I might be cruel but Livermore is no DM, he looks more box to box type of player, other than his second half display against Utd for me he has shown nothing, if you want to go safe it has to be Sandro or to be more attacking it should be Modric, I agree with you that we should play two wingers, Modric is the sort of player you wont notice until hes not there.

Never said he was a DM, just said he was better defensively than Modric. I agree, he doesn't look like a 'pure' DM, but he does his job and he does it decently. He can pass the ball well, and retain possession, which would be crucial in the absence of Modric, unlike Sandro. So, yeah, Livermore would be a better pick. Hudd would be a much, much better pick, though, and it fudging murders me that he's been out the season where we could have used him most. Hudd available would have given Modric more time to rest,and would have allowed us to play him and Parker together, which would have made us both more solid defensively and more creative offensively than if we just played Sandro and Parker together. Plus he'd take accurate long shots, something we don't seem to be very good at. Sigh.

I agree about Tom, he was looking a class player before the injury, he had lost weight and was getting around the pitch well, the worrying thing is that he has had the ankle problem for years, I remember a radio interview with him about it when he was playing for Derby, I hope he beats it, no one we have spreads the play like him.

The only thing I'm clinging on to is that if we lose, it might galvanise our league form, just like it did when we lost to Pompey

The only thing I'm clinging on to is that if we lose, it might galvanise our league form, just like it did when we lost to Pompey

If we lose, the post-match team talk should be the simplest Harry has ever had to give.

'Do you want our hard work this season to be for nothing? No? Then get out there and win the last five games, so you can play in the CL next year, you fudging c**ts.'

If we lose, the post-match team talk should be the simplest Harry has ever had to give.

'Do you want our hard work this season to be for nothing? No? Then get out there and win the last five games, so you can play in the CL next year, you fudging c**ts.'

i reckon Joe Jordan will do it and will involve a hell of alot of spit, and very little coherant english

i reckon Joe Jordan will do it and will involve a hell of alot of spit, and very little coherant english

img_pod_AC-Milan-Gattuso-Tottenham-Hotspur-team-coach-hampions-League-soccer-match.jpg

You know, I'm not sure if that would motivate or utterly terrify the players.

Last time Spurs won the FA Cup in 1991 they lost 2-1 to Norwich before playing their semi final at Wembely against a London club !!!

Its an omen, COYS !!!!

and only won 2 league games from Jan-May 91!! finished 10th after being 3rd/4th before christmas. spooky.....

It's a funny old game...

Let me put this to you:

FA Cup and fifth

Or,

4th and no FA Cup?

If winning the FA Cup lead to a Champions League spot like it should do imo then it would be a no brainer of course but with the Cup Winner Cup gone and the Europa league barely worth the hassle I'm not sure which I'd prefer... On the one hand it's always great to win the FA Cup but on the other it is not going to help attract top level players to sign for us in the summer as they only care about Champions League football and it will reinforce our club's reputation as merely being a "cup team"... :-k

I for one want a cup. The gooners can chortle all they want about their 15 year champions league run, but whats the fudging point when they have no hope in hell of winning the thing. I predict another year for them next year which will be.....exactly like this year. The FA cup is a massive achievement whatever way you put, thats something that will be remembered and the glory of being at wembley and winning a cup can barely be rivalled in english football. Getting in the champions league is a stepping stone but brings no guarantee of future glory, give me a cup any day

I for one want a cup. The gooners can chortle all they want about their 15 year champions league run, but whats the fudging point when they have no hope in hell of winning the thing. I predict another year for them next year which will be.....exactly like this year. The FA cup is a massive achievement whatever way you put, thats something that will be remembered and the glory of being at wembley and winning a cup can barely be rivalled in english football. Getting in the champions league is a stepping stone but brings no guarantee of future glory, give me a cup any day

i commend your conclusion, but not the thought process. Being in a tournament is miles better than not even entering, being in the CL is better than not even getting to the UEFA cup - and the CL brings new stadiums, obscene wages for admittedly half-talented players but its still a huge cash spinner and status grower, which ultimately does bring the countless domestic trophies Wenger has won alongside the euro exploits.

What is true, is that Cup wins are better than endless CL runs which end up in misery. They havnt looked like winning brick all in a long time, whereas our trajectory is still just about going upwards while thiers is looking downwards judging by the reactions of the fans to finishing above us, and basically being level on points.

What do we get into the CL for? To keep our players and add new ones. Why do we do that? So we can progress as a club. Why do we want that? So we can earn enough money for a new stadium. Why do we need that? So we can challenge for trophies.

But here we are, in the FA Cup semi-final, challenging for a trophy. The ultimate aim all along. So let's go for it.

What do we get into the CL for? To keep our players and add new ones. Why do we do that? So we can progress as a club. Why do we want that? So we can earn enough money for a new stadium. Why do we need that? So we can challenge for trophies.

But here we are, in the FA Cup semi-final, challenging for a trophy. The ultimate aim all along. So let's go for it.

Exactly, the champions league is a means to an end and surely that end is winning trophies? Don't know how people can talk about winning the FA cup with so much disregard

Last edited:
give me the cup all day long. i was leaving school the last time we won it. don't wanna have to wait another 20 odd years. i'll almost be drawing my pension by then !

all this about attracting new and better players by being in the CL is bollox. we just can't and won't pay the wages and inevitably bale and modric will leave this summer or next whatever happens. we just can't give them what they want under the current circumstances.

we'll rebuild again. it's what a club of our size has to do. everyone thought it was the end of the world when berbatov and keane left.

Back