• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley*** OMT

Christ on a bike, It's a post match hissy fit I'm disappointed that's all. But thanks for the concern appreciated. :)

I figured, and I have loads of those too. Just wanted to emphasize something football fans often don't internalize - you, the person, are worth more than Spurs. Dan Levy will carry on being Dan Levy, Spurs will carry on being Spurs, but FolkestoneSpur's family and friends need FolkestoneSpur in tip-top shape. :p

Agree with all of this expect the Kulu at RWB bit

I'm not sure either. The issue is Royal is a pretty good defender, and Kulu might come unstuck in defense. I think he'd be just fine attacking. But with 3 CBs on the pitch, I think you take that risk. Royal takes too long to whip in crosses and looks uncomfortable in the final third. I think it will improve with Royal but he needs a pre-season to develop his attacking play and to feel the part. Its too forced and let us down today. You could argue Kulu should have converted one of his chances too. The miss controlled cross first half or one of the shots that he clipped wide. How long before people berate him too? Play him at RWB and we get much needed creativity, and play Royal as a CB instead of Davies. Shuffle them along with Dier playing left CB, Romero central.

I should have put money on us losing there as it was predictable.

Disappointed with Sessegnon - who as I said earlier doesn't seem to be particularly good at either defending or as an attacking outlet. Also disappointed with Son who I felt held onto the ball for far too long when a quick pass was on. Seemed to me on occasion he wanted to duplicate his solo goal from a few years ago.

A six and a half hour coach journey on the way up - an (imo) unnecessary 45 minute stop meaning we got caught up in traffic. Arrived at Turf Moor around 7.10. Driver then managed to reverse into a bus shelter when turning the coach round. Got to my seat just in time for kick off.
It was always going to be a tough one. Thought we did ok first half. Defended well, carved out a few chances. Nothing spectacular but was happy with 0-0 at half time. Expected more in the second half. Not that we didn’t create chances but they mostly mopped up everything. Missed Reggie. I’m not sure what is going to happen with Sess. He was in so much space on so many occasions but either we didn’t/wouldn’t switch play out to him, or he was too static and not making enough runs. Lacking in confidence can only last so long but I hope he can find his way.
I’d like to think the win at the weekend balanced out the loss tonight but we are now paying for the Southampton and Wolves results. Top 4 definitely gone now. Let’s hope for a good FA Cup run at least.
My time was otherwise spent playing ‘guess the adjective’ as a bloke near me was calling our players, variously, “sh1t c*nts” (mainly Royal and Sess), “brainless c*nts” (everyone), “negative c*nts” (Winks/PEH), “daft c*nt” (Winks - almost sounded endearing in comparison but it wasn’t), “stupid c*nts” (whoever gave away a stupid free kick) and finally “cheating c*nt” (their goalkeeper for time wasting). Good to hear such variety :)

A six and a half hour coach journey on the way up - an (imo) unnecessary 45 minute stop meaning we got caught up in traffic. Arrived at Turf Moor around 7.10. Driver then managed to reverse into a bus shelter when turning the coach round. Got to my seat just in time for kick off.
It was always going to be a tough one. Thought we did ok first half. Defended well, carved out a few chances. Nothing spectacular but was happy with 0-0 at half time. Expected more in the second half. Not that we didn’t create chances but they mostly mopped up everything. Missed Reggie. I’m not sure what is going to happen with Sess. He was in so much space on so many occasions but either we didn’t/wouldn’t switch play out to him, or he was too static and not making enough runs. Lacking in confidence can only last so long but I hope he can find his way.
I’d like to think the win at the weekend balanced out the loss tonight but we are now paying for the Southampton and Wolves results. Top 4 definitely gone now. Let’s hope for a good FA Cup run at least.
My time was otherwise spent playing ‘guess the adjective’ as a bloke near me was calling our players, variously, “sh1t c*nts” (mainly Royal and Sess), “brainless c*nts” (everyone), “negative c*nts” (Winks/PEH), “daft c*nt” (Winks - almost sounded endearing in comparison but it wasn’t), “stupid c*nts” (whoever gave away a stupid free kick) and finally “cheating c*nt” (their goalkeeper for time wasting). Good to hear such variety :)

sadly no "intelligent clams"?

Yeah, got a lovely Argentinian Mendoza region Malbec on the go - El Origen Finca. Smooth, full bodied and redolent of chocolate, leather and the tears of Pochettino.
I've just opened an Italian grigio which is quite dull but with delicate overtones of frustration. It subtly hints at something better but ultimately fails to deliver on its promise and leave the palette quite dry.

I'll drink it anyway.

Last edited:
Ha - I've been posted out of Ottawa for the past few months, sadly, but I hope I can get back this year. Bloody miss it, mate - I keep saying it's one of the prettiest cities I know, and people look at me funny because they think of Vanier. The whole city doesn't look like that, dammit - best efforts of some trucking f*ckers notwithstanding. :p

My wife and I are looking at retiring there. She's got three of her four sisters - and families - in the region. We're at least 2-3 years away from that yet. But somewhere in the next couple of months, we're going to start scouting locations in the west end-Carleton Place area. Been there 2-3 times a year over our time together - hitched in '89 - and really like the place.

My wife and I are looking at retiring there. She's got three of her four sisters - and families - in the region. We're at least 2-3 years away from that yet. But somewhere in the next couple of months, we're going to start scouting locations in the west end-Carleton Place area. Been there 2-3 times a year over our time together - hitched in '89 - and really like the place.

Hey, props to you both - especially if you've got family there, I feel like it would be a wonderful place to spend your retirement. :) If you want to be active, tons of stuff to do in and around Ottawa, and the parks in Gatineau are a short drive away. And if you just want to relax on the patio in the evening sun, Ottawa has some of the most beautiful sunsets I've seen anywhere.

My partner and I want to buy in the NCR at some point soon, but prices in the core have accelerated immensely quickly - we might have to look at Aylmer/Hull, but even that's only about a 15m drive from the downtown core. Either way, we're set on living our lives there, postings permitting - it's a city you can't help but love, imo. ;)

Mee and tarkowski... Should have gotten them years back instead of trying to force fit Dier in the role.

That big striker we were linked to we should have got. Holds the ball better than Kane or Son, fighter, works hard and defends too.

I think its the rain... We usually lose when it rains? Can't find any stats linking our performances to the weather.

Mee and tarkowski... Should have gotten them years back instead of trying to force fit Dier in the role.

That big striker we were linked to we should have got. Holds the ball better than Kane or Son, fighter, works hard and defends too.

Well, good news is Tarkowski is out of contract this summer, so we could get him if we wanted.

Striker is Weghorst. They bought him in January. Good striker, great record for Wolfsburg. He was desperate to join a team in the PL.

We, as usual, completely missed out on him. Although, tbf, he is a public anti-vaxxer, iirc, and maybe we didn't want the publicity.

I have not read through the blood-letting…my tuppence…

We had control of that game for much of the evening. We lacked bravery in possession too many times. Sess and Royal were simply not willing to push their moments in possession - particularly Sess, who honestly looked petrified to try and progress the situation when getting the ball in space. Further, PEH was not especially fluid on the ball, indeed, our greatest threat with regards to finding a pass was coming from Romero first-half. However, at HT I was fine with how things were, and assumed we’d find a couple of goals and see it through comfortably.

Hitting the bar early in the second was unlucky, but really, what repeatedly stood out (and has done for much of Conte’s tenure) is that our WBs are not up to exploiting their roles in a Conte team. Bentancur’s departure saw us lose a little more crispness and speed on ball progression (Winks did nothing wrong, he’s just not as smooth and fast as Bentancur) but I still felt OK about things. When Kulusevski bent that shot just wide of the left upright, I felt it was a switch point.

The concession was scruffy, I was surprised to see Romero done by Mee for sure, but you still felt we’d get back into it. Yet Conte seemed unable to fashion a response, and that is somewhat down to personnel we need and don’t have. I do wonder about ‘defcon 5’ scenarios though, you know, push Romero forward for the last 5 in these sorts of games and use his physical presence to create moments, but maybe this is why I am not a manager. Truth be told, we should not be in situations where such ‘tactics’ are needed.

I do think the only possible way we sneak 4th is via Conte (said this all along) but he does not seem especially calm right now, so alas, it looks like a moment slipping away. The decisions remain the same, as do the scenarios, so nothing he is saying is especially new. I’m glad he find 4 defeats from 5 unacceptable, and I am glad he wants questions asked. I think her is a great manager, but he should also ask questions of himself in this moment. Why are so many afraid to take chances in possession would be my key one. Fear of losing possession? That isn’t enough reason is it? Fear of the manager? Possibly. Not good enough? Certainly in some moments yes.

Truth be told, I felt in my bones this would most likely happen. Let’s hope Leeds don’t enjoy a visit from Dr Tottenham…

While this result is a gut punch, games against the likes Burnley, and Soton, and Wolves, are completely different prospects to games against the likes of Emirates Marketing Project & The Dippers. Just because we can cope with the tactical challenge presented by Emirates Marketing Project doesn't mean that we can deal with Burnley's game plan. Conte clearly has a lot of work to do to get this squad capable of beating the different problems that different oppositions present to us.
And he said it calmly when he arrived - and has said less calmly recently - that there is much work to be done and he needs more players of his choosing.

The fact that our club has been run so badly from the very top for so very long is galling, frustrating, annoying, depressing, infuriating, head-shaking, wall punching, and part of the day ruining. As a few have said on here, this feels like a bit of an inflection point. Levy MUST back Conte and give him the assurances that he can do the job HIS way or I fear more years of being a project...

Sorry guys. I tried with the OMT, I tried positivity, a new approach and pushing us to win but nope same old Tottenham. I was angry and disappointed last night as I expect many of you were. Results like that are completely unacceptable. Right now I have little confidence in top six never mind top four. The only reassurance that can be gained is that Pochettino’s start wasn’t so different and he did ok in the end. So I’m hoping this is a similar story. Maybe we need positive transfers in the summer and then we will look a lot better next season.

There's obviously a confidence thing going on.
The game for me was summed up by sons run were he played in kulu.
Son breaks from the half way line, three defenders in front and support either side, yet he glanced over his shoulder, what's he doing that for?

Thanks for sharing your account - you get a totally different perspective from being at the ground and especially when sitting behind the goal.

For disclosure I gave up on streams about 7 minutes in so only followed the game via Sky Sports Updates. Have now watched the club's extended highlights.

All I'll say is to remember that to analyse a result and performance based on the score can often produce a very different picture from analsysing from first whistle going forwards. From what I have seen it looked like yet another very tight game of few chances but that we had created enough that on another day we'd have scored first. I believe whoever scored first was going to win which sounds obvious but it again comes down to those matter of inches and fine margins. On Saturday we were clinical - scored 3 goals from 5 shots on target having only created 6 shots in total.

Last night we didn't score from any of the 12 shots towards goal - only 2 on target.

In isolation last night result is understandable but its the wider analysis that concerns. The frustration is that we are so reliant on these fine margins and games are seemingly won and lost at the moment by wafer thin margins. Every game feels like an arm wrestle that could easily go one way or the other. That is the general trend over a sustained period now.

Thanks for sharing your account - you get a totally different perspective from being at the ground and especially when sitting behind the goal.

For disclosure I gave up on streams about 7 minutes in so only followed the game via Sky Sports Updates. Have now watched the club's extended highlights.

All I'll say is to remember that to analyse a result and performance based on the score can often produce a very different picture from analsysing from first whistle going forwards. From what I have seen it looked like yet another very tight game of few chances but that we had created enough that on another day we'd have scored first. I believe whoever scored first was going to win which sounds obvious but it again comes down to those matter of inches and fine margins. On Saturday we were clinical - scored 3 goals from 5 shots on target having only created 6 shots in total.

Last night we didn't score from any of the 12 shots towards goal - only 2 on target.

In isolation last night result is understandable but its the wider analysis that concerns. The frustration is that we are so reliant on these fine margins and games are seemingly won and lost at the moment by wafer thin margins. Every game feels like an arm wrestle that could easily go one way or the other. That is the general trend over a sustained period now.
We struggle against packed defences
Have done for some time
We also struggle against a press although that may be different now with our first choice CBS but we need to see on that front
It’s not an easy fix and takes time playing the set up conte wants as we know it works. Of course it also needs the right players

My stream packed in after 7 mins, did yours?
Got it back around 52 mins.

I was supplied with a decent stream, but it was about two mins behind - which I hate - so I knew Burnley had long scored before I saw it. And that we’d run out of time long before the match ended on my phone.

Gutted.

Back