• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

It is going to be amazing. And we are so fortunate with being able to start the build while we are still playing at the Lane and, assuming all goes to plan, only needing one season away. I was just reading about Chelscum having to move away (probably Wembley, as Twickenham doesn't want them) for three seasons. That's a long time away from home.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/tott...or?trk=v-feed&trk=hp-feed-article-title-share

would be great if true! does make a lot of sense and why they have cut the corner off the existing stadium!

Not happening.

The plan hasn't changed. Notwithstanding the previous scheme which was materially different in its design, function and build, at no point has the club considered moving into a partially completed stadium.

The appetite is to derisk where possible, not compound and add further to; moreover, what is suggested in the article is just not practically possible. However, and I must stress, at no stage has partial completion been considered.

The build-out remains within tolerance; some elements are ahead of others, but overall we're strongly positioned. Final detail is being completed on our arrangements for 17/18, and those will be announced shortly.

Incidentally, I do hope the refreshed minisite has been well received. The depth of interest has been quite a surprise, and it's taken a little time to develop what we see as the right service. It is going to evolve and is by no means fail accompli.

7dkzvLv.jpg

zqPemPE.jpg

uoia0x2.jpg

What if we lose the whole of the north stand over the summer and stay in a WHL horseshoe for 2017/18?
Here we go again......
It's simply not possible. FA rules requires roofing over the stands. The roof of this stadium uses tension and compression rings that requires all sides to be complete, to be able to get the roof up. There is also the issue of a highly complex sliding pitch arrangement to be installed. There is simply not nearly enough time to get it done in less than 8 months.

Here we go again......
It's simply not possible. FA rules requires roofing over the stands. The roof of this stadium uses tension and compression rings that requires all sides to be complete, to be able to get the roof up. There is also the issue of a highly complex sliding pitch arrangement to be installed. There is simply not nearly enough time to get it done in less than 8 months.
You misunderstood me, 2017/18 in the existing ground (as a horseshoe), so that the new ground can be fully completed before occupation in 2018/19.

You misunderstood me, 2017/18 in the existing ground (as a horseshoe), so that the new ground can be fully completed before occupation in 2018/19.
Same problem anyway. They can't build the entire south stand in 3 months. The grass surface of the two stadiums almost overlap, so they can't build anything on the new south stand as long as the old stadium is there. Tearing down the entire Paxton won't make any difference.

Sent with Miele C1 Vacuum cleaner

Same problem anyway. They can't build the entire south stand in 3 months. The grass surface of the two stadiums almost overlap, so they can't build anything on the new south stand as long as the old stadium is there. Tearing down the entire Paxton won't make any difference.

Sent with Miele C1 Vacuum cleaner
Yeah, just had a look at the original plans, didn't realise it overlapped that much.

An angle I hadn't considered before from Poch: “We need to make Wembley our home and then to move here again will be a similar stadium to Wembley. We need to adapt ourselves to compete in a bigger stadium so it is natural to us.”

Moving back out of Wembley isn't quite returning home. It'll be new to our players as well as visiting teams so maybe Wembley will indeed serve an acclimatisation purpose.

Back