• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Pochettino said. “That was our expectation – to push and move the club quickly, but sometimes it’s not possible.

“It’s true that now we are in a very good period and all that is related to Tottenham is exciting – you can see here, the new stadium, the squad – all that is happening is very positive. It is true that in two-and-a-half years before I arrived here, you related Tottenham some good, some not so good and today it is looking like we are the best team in the world. That is very good. The hard work is to keep that feeling. It will be difficult but we will try.”

http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2017/01...ning-new-areas-atmosphere-key-in-new-stadium/

Probably unintentional, but I like it.

That article on NBCSports is quite good.

Fairly balanced look at Spurs stadium and typifies the take often seen with decent Norfa Merican journalism - in contrast to the more provocative, one-sided takes we see in the UK media.

Anyone heard anything about whether the VR thing is going to be made available online anytime soon? I have my Google Cardboard goggles at the ready. :D

From designing the roof like a concert hall to chairman Daniel Levy getting hands-on with lifts, designers Populous talk us through Spurs' new home
SIX REASONS THE NEW TOTTENHAM STADIUM WILL BE BETTER THAN ARSENAL'S EMIRATES

Seems an incredible amount of thought and research is going into every single decision.
Think I have said before in this thread we are so lucky to have Levy fully hands on with this.

No reason to doubt anything that architect says about him. Micro managing everything and the energy to do so. (compare that to the dildo brothers and Lazy Brady).

Some things just take a mountain of work to be great, Levy wants the best and will cut no corners.

I bet he grinds away for hours talking about the details.....then just as they think things are concluding, Daniel pipes up 'what about the cost' :).........game, set and match.

From designing the roof like a concert hall to chairman Daniel Levy getting hands-on with lifts, designers Populous talk us through Spurs' new home
SIX REASONS THE NEW TOTTENHAM STADIUM WILL BE BETTER THAN ARSENAL'S EMIRATES

Seems an incredible amount of thought and research is going into every single decision.
Wow. Gotta admit, as much as I'm a nostalgic sod who hates the idea of demolishing WHL, from what I'm reading and seeing, I don't think the replacement stadium could be any better.

I will be sad when WHL is no more, but I'm very excited to see Spurs play in the new ground.

Wow. Gotta admit, as much as I'm a nostalgic sod who hates the idea of demolishing WHL, from what I'm reading and seeing, I don't think the replacement stadium could be any better.

I will be sad when WHL is no more, but I'm very excited to see Spurs play in the new ground.
Sums up my feelings to a tee.

64 years ! Yes, 64 years since I first set foot on those hallowed terraces. It's going to be a tough farewell to the faithful old ground.

But then I look at what is taking shape alongside and I rub my eyes in wonderment. My sensibilities are overwhelmed with pride.

Sums up my feelings to a tee.

64 years ! Yes, 64 years since I first set foot on those hallowed terraces. It's going to be a tough farewell to the faithful old ground.

But then I look at what is taking shape alongside and I rub my eyes in wonderment. My sensibilities are overwhelmed with pride.

Its only been 54 years for me but i feel the same way. And i still remember that first visit as if it was yesterday.

Worrying about acoustics and lift design would suggest Levy is not just fattening up a business to sell at a profit, but has set himself the goal of making his beloved Spurs the best in the world.

Think I have said before in this thread we are so lucky to have Levy fully hands on with this.

No reason to doubt anything that architect says about him. Micro managing everything and the energy to do so. (compare that to the dildo brothers and Lazy Brady).

Some things just take a mountain of work to be great, Levy wants the best and will cut no corners.

I bet he grinds away for hours talking about the details.....then just as they think things are concluding, Daniel pipes up 'what about the cost' :).........game, set and match.
I'm sure I read somewhere that her highness the lord marshall Brady picked all the plates and curtains in the London Stadium.

Yep. Looks like he is pouring his soul into this stadium. It will be a monument to his stewardship when he goes, but hopefully that is not anytime soon.

I spoke to someone at club involved in the stadium planning, basically Spurs has sent people to see/evaluate the best Stadiums in all sports, in multiple countries, and not only looked at the Stadiums, but the experience, food, screens, everything. Levy has made it clear, it has to be on par/better than anything else in the world .. amazing stuff.

Back