• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Having read that entire load of bureaucratic tripe, it seems to me that on the subject of those High Road heritage listed buildings, English Heritage will continue to challenge this decision in the courts.

The s106 must be pre-prepared and needs to be signed before 18 March. What happens now?

I haven't read it all, but I thought the gist was that Historic England's (not English Heritage - that's the independent charity that manages castles and tea rooms; though they used to be the same organisation) arguments were good, but that the safety and broader financial implications trumped them. So they've no real recourse to challenge.

As a government quango, Historic England also have to pick their proper battles re their finite resources.

I haven't read it all, but I thought the gist was that Historic England's (not English Heritage - that's the independent charity that manages castles and tea rooms; though they used to be the same organisation) arguments were good, but that the safety and broader financial implications trumped them. So they've no real recourse to challenge.

As a government quango, Historic England also have to pick their proper battles re their finite resources.

Yeah i agree that they see public benefit in terms of more footpath combined with a near doubling on fans in the area meant removing the buildings was almost a safety issue. Otherwise it's a 2.7m pavement. Let's hope they don't choose to continue, although at least one of those buildings is grade 2 and a shame to lose.

It's not even a quango: it's a Government Department. If Boris Johnson hadn't cleared his approval with the relevant government departments before publicly issuing it, my gast would be flabbered.

Yeah i agree that they see public benefit in terms of more footpath combined with a near doubling on fans in the area meant removing the buildings was almost a safety issue. Otherwise it's a 2.7m pavement. Let's hope they don't choose to continue, although at least one of those buildings is grade 2 and a shame to lose.
The Grade II listed building is retained as part of the frontage. It is only locally listed buildings that are being demolished and the local authority has jurisdiction over these. If HE were to pursue a challenge of this to the secretary of state and/or through the courts then I think they can only lose due to the fact that the local council have jurisdiction.

If HE do pursue this then I think I might object to their objection as an inappropriate use of public funds. ;o)

The Grade II listed building is retained as part of the frontage. It is only locally listed buildings that are being demolished and the local authority has jurisdiction over these. If HE were to pursue a challenge of this to the secretary of state and/or through the courts then I think they can only lose due to the fact that the local council have jurisdiction.

If HE do pursue this then I think I might object to their objection as an inappropriate use of public funds. ;o)

Sounds good. Have you seen any renders/images of this?

Just had another look at the stadium content online and saw this:
  • Flexibility for the future – with sections of the seating bowl designed to accommodate areas of safe standing if the current licensing regulations change.
No idea how realistic it is to dream about the legal changes needed to enable the introduction of safe standing zones but wow! would be fantastic...

Completely unrealistic all the time Victimpool exist.

Agreed. Funny how hard they campaigned to permanently ban having your knee's bent vertically yet never campaigned to permanently ban murderous scouse macaron's. I'd feel safer standing at football then I would being chased across stands by squeaky voiced thugs any day of the week.

Agreed. Funny how hard they campaigned to permanently ban having your knee's bent vertically yet never campaigned to permanently ban murderous scouse macaron's. I'd feel safer standing at football then I would being chased across stands by squeaky voiced thugs any day of the week.
Quite.

Banning standing because of Hillsborough is like banning walls because of Heysel. I haven't seen any calls for stadia to be built without walls (although Wet Spam are clearly trying to make a go of it):

boleyn-ground-west-ham-united-bobby-moore-stand-1411819133.jpg

My understanding is that HE objection also revolves around the setting and scale in which the Grade II Warmington House is being incorporated in to the Tottenham Experience, especially in regards to the height of the hotel.

Additionally, they also say that there is no additional 'good' in this application compared to consented scheme where the buildings were retained. They don't have to take the H&S aspects into consideration.

My understanding is that HE objection also revolves around the setting and scale in which the Grade II Warmington House is being incorporated in to the Tottenham Experience, especially in regards to the height of the hotel.

Additionally, they also say that there is no additional 'good' in this application compared to consented scheme where the buildings were retained. They don't have to take the H&S aspects into consideration.
They may have something of a valid point with the grade II listed building. However I'm not sure that they can compare our current and previous applications as the new application is not an amendment but a completely separate application. I believe the pedestrian safety point is sufficient grounds to merit the demolition of the locally listed buildings. The question is then what becomes of Warmington House. Incorporating it into the façade of the stadium is probably the best solution - especially as it will be absolutely dwarfed by the new stadium anyway.

Some interesting activity on the site today. Lots of people scurrying around under a big spider arm.

I've made a little animation that grabs the pictures for each days work. It should start about 8am and continue into the evening. Before 8am it will show the previous day. There are problems with the animation when the Spurs server is busy (it returns the current image by default), but it is working smoothly for me at the moment.

The best view of the work is on camera 1, although there is activity on cameras 2 and 3 as well.

http://www.spurs1882.org/misc/timelapse.php

Watched the NLD on NBC's US feed. They used a lot of aerial images during the pre-game show and telecast. It looked great and really put everything going on with the club in a very positive perspective.

You could also see the tightness of the crowds at the away end and the lines of police keeping the two fan groups apart. There wasn't a lot of room for manoeuvering and taking future capacity up to 61,000 is not going to make that a simpler process.

Something that will help Spurs in issues about removing old buildings to ensure smooth, safe fan traffic.

Back